Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

1st week od December break room 12/2 to 12/8

Old 12-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
1st week od December break room 12/2 to 12/8

A whole lot of shakin goin on. Over 500 and climbing. Things slowly getting better. The power is being restored. The dock is functional. Still a lot of roads closed or restricted. A lot of businesses closed due to damage. What grocery stores that are open are getting cleaned out. Gas stations closed, OUT OF GAS. Then throw in a winter storm warning for tomorrow mornings commute. I may decide to stay home.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:08 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Wow, Cougar. Glad you're okay.

You can always start shooting the local squirrels, add chicken wing sauce, and make a nice meal or two.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Noticed fresh rabbit tracks in the snow out at the house. Haven't seen any moose tracks yet. Roxie did bring me a mouse last night.
Oh I hate that creepy feeling when gravity wiggles.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Can't help but wonder what's happening up in the great state of Alaska, and all your foot dancing you've been doing up there.

Seen a few blurbs on TV, but not much else.

Today, it rained pretty much all day. Didn't do anything other than stop by a buddies house who recently purchased an over the stove microwave. He had no idea that the unit required a separate 20 amp circuit, dedicated just to it. Kind of the "lights in the eyes of the deer" routine. Funny, none the less.

My suggestions for adding another cabinet went on deaf ears, as the location of the stove isn't centered, and his wife is ..... how do I say this nicely ???

Neurotic. She couldn't live with herself, if the stove was offset, and you actually had some usable space with new cabinets in the place of .... air and floor space.

He loved the idea. She declared NO ! That's enough for the both of us.

Oh well, to each his own.

No dragon, no ph00, no one to give anything out to, so I'll be gone.

Night.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:21 PM

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,568 Posts
A little stale in here...
I opened a window and let the dragon out.

40F and warm here but turning cold and snowy tonight. I plowed the slush out of the driveway so the ruts would not freeze up over night.

Hope you AK boys are finding fuel, food and staying safe.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:15 AM

Last couple days were nice, cold and got a lot done.

Finished up the application of Phosphoric Acid to the frame on the brick. Today, is the application of the goo mix recommended by Ollie. ooh, can't wait ! Got to get it back together to go pick up my plow, otherwise any snow we get will be a real problem for me.

Thinking about Christmas season, contemplating lights on the house. Since I couldn't finish the staining on the house, I was waiting for a nice day, without rain. Oh well, finish it next year, but at least it's watertight.

Speaking of the Christmas Spirit, I was thinking of getting my Brother in Law a nice, appropriate gift for the cheer and joy he's brought my wife, filing the lawsuit against her, for decisions his mother made some 18+ years ago. Classic case of "Mommy loved you more, so I'm taking you to court" routine. This site provides a high quality gift for those who need it most.
https://www.poopsenders.com

I was thinking Gorilla.. What's ya think ?

Cold and snowy ? Well, it's getting colder here, this am. Mid 20's F.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Been thinking about you guys anywhere near Anchorage. Know exactly what you are going thru - - I was in several large ones in
California while in High School. Not fun at all. Busted my face up good getting slammed into a door frame trying to get into a
different part of the house and rescue my father who had fallen. Not fun at all.

On our way back from Hilton Head and now in Wyndham at Disney World for a week. Be home finally by Saturday. Had a nice
quiet time with the blonde. Temp was 49 this morning here in Orlando - - - brrrrrr. Sure glad I remembered to bring a jacket.

Put some coffee and ph00 on, but no goodies - - sorry. Have a good day.....................
Old 12-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning boys and girls! hanging out in Bobs lanai can't figure out why he isn't here? Boy the dragon was right this is a NICE place
Kinda lonely around here but oh well plenty of food in the freezer so I will hang out for a few days and see if he shows up
Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning boys and girls! hanging out in Bobs lanai can't figure out why he isn't here? Boy the dragon was right this is a NICE place
Kinda lonely around here but oh well plenty of food in the freezer so I will hang out for a few days and see if he shows up
Wow,

Look what the southern wind brought in.

How's the wife Lary ? She still whipping your a$$ with her frying pan, when you don't behave as she wishes ?

Today, I made green tea, with honey fresh ginger, and some lemon on the side for those who feel sickly and need that throat soothing broth.

Blueberry muffins from Costco. Apple tarts from shoprite's bakery. Chocolate eclairs from Dunkin for those who like stomachs that get all queezy by lunch (that's what happens when I eat dunkin donuts)

Brisk morning, mid 20's. Sunny, blue skies, and I'll be rolling around on the ground for the second week ....again, spraying the underside of the Brick with Oliver's goo mixture. No it's not a sexual reference, as Oliver is in VT and I'm in NJ. No funny stuff going on here fellas, so get your mind out of the gutter...

I've tried painting, but with the corrosive liquids they use here, it's of no use. This year, I'm going to try Ollie's mixture and see if spraying the undercarriage makes any difference. If not, it's only a matter of time before I look for a new vehicle, as my frame will ultimately lose its battle. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy the sweets fellas. Good to see you around Lary. Should stop by more often, now that the beatings are less frequent.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Other way around NJT, my Elder Twin wants the beatings, often.
He has been scurrying around Speedo Bobby’s every time I open the fridge or flush a toilet wondering who else is here.
Bobby’s place is a great hideout.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Other way around NJT, my Elder Twin wants the beatings, often.
He has been scurrying around Speedo Bobby’s every time I open the fridge or flush a toilet wondering who else is here.
Bobby’s place is a great hideout.
Speedo ?

I sincerely hope you mean that he's fast, or he's a speedometer repair man, and not that "other" speedo type.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Bobby Speedo is the real deal
Old 12-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
HOLY SMOKE - - - READING ABOVE MAKES ME WONDER IF I WANT TO GO HOME. SCARY THOUGHT OF WHAT I
MIGHT SEE IN THE LANAI.

(ssshhhhhh - - - quiet -- don't squeal on me. I am going to park down the street from the house when I come home,, set up
my movie camera on the lanai exit, turn it on and fire off the alarm system. ha ha - -- I will have a movie for posterity
catching certain bums hanging around in my pool and emptying my refrig and running the grill out of propane. Hot doggies,
what a plan. I will post the movie. Can't wait. Sneaky Bob)
Old 12-07-2018, 11:41 AM

A week later and a few thousand aftershocks later, things are still wiggling. Some of our more precision positioning instruments show continuous slight motion in the magnetic field. On a more positive note, our main roads are open again, store shelves are being restocked, and kids are going back to school thank God. People have pretty much bounced back to their usual seasonal routine, fight over Christmas presents. We don't know why the media played it down so much considering the damage they didn't show. Maybe because no one died. I was born and raised on the west edge of the San Andreas fault south of San Francisco. No stranger to earth quakes here. The wife has been tracking damage as it gets reported on the news and from my observations. The similarities to the damaged areas in Anchorage and the valley to the 64 quake are rather striking.
39°, rain on top of ice. not nice. Might turn to snow Sunday.
The hangar clean out continues. Dumpster, trailer, and forklift show up Monday morning along with my soon to be ex-boss and his boss.
Job interview today with the bush cargo division of a local airline. Maintenance controller.
And more physical therapy.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Somebody is ready for her first All Stars game
The following users liked this post:
FiverBob (12-08-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st week od December break room 12/2 to 12/8