Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 04:39 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***

G'mornin' all! Rise and shine!

Originally Posted by sherod
All because she loaded the newest version of FireFox. I got to find an older version without all the junk.
Try a browser called 'Pale Moon'. Supposed to be very good, much like Firefox but without all the garbage. Lary uses it and likes it. I'm going to try it when I have a few minutes to download and install it.

Thanks Tallguy for the coffee and ph00!

It is Sunday, February 9th.

1825 - The U.S. House of Representatives elected John Quincy Adams president. No candidate had received a majority of electoral votes.

1861 - The Provisional Congress of the Confederate States of America elected Jefferson Davis as its president.

1870 - The United States Weather Bureau was authorized by Congress. The bureau is officially known as the National Weather Service (NWS).

1909 - The first forestry school was incorporated in Kent, Ohio.

1942 - The U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff held its first formal meeting to coordinate military strategy during World War II.

1942 - Daylight-saving "War Time" went into effect in the U.S.

1943 - During World War II, the battle of Guadalcanal ended with an American victory over Japanese forces.

1950 - U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy charged that the State Department was riddled with Communists. This was the beginning of "McCarthyism."

1960 - The first star was placed on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The star was for Joanne Woodward.

1969 - The Boeing 747 flew its inaugural flight.

1971 - The San Fernando Valley experienced the Sylmar earthquake that registered 6.4 on the Richter Scale.

1971 - The Apollo 14 spacecraft returned to Earth after mankind's third landing on the moon.

1989 - Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Co. completed the $25 billion purchase of RJR Nabisco, Inc.

1997 - "The Simpsons" became the longest-running prime-time animated series. "The Flintstones" held the record previously.

Today's thought:
Go out looking for one thing, and that's all you'll ever find.

TOB&F today!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:35 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning Scott - - you cleaned the place up purdy good this morning, or did TallGuy do that? Hope you can find your house under all that white stuff - - nasty up there. Guess they are having some good stuff around Sarah Palin's place also with winds in the hurricane spectrum. That would not be fun - - low temps and 75 mph wind - - no thanks.

Grabbing a ph00 and out of here - - get ready for church. See ya there - - have a great day, ya'll.

Bob
Old 02-09-2014, 07:29 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise.
Scott, as Bob said, you cleaned the place up well, You must have had some extra time on your hands this morning.
Grew up hearing roosters, but never heard one with an ending like that one. What a way to start the DTR day! That sound my well be exactly what some of the DTR'ers sound like first thing in the morning.

What can I say about our weather, except that it is another perfect day. Should hit around 28C today. Heading out later for lunch with friends where we will sit outside the restaurant, in the shade of the palm trees and umbrellas. Sure makes it hard to remember what it is like living in the the type of weather too many of you are not enjoying right now. When does summer arrive? It is arriving, isn't it?

Good coffee. Thanks.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings.

Its 28 here too. On the other side of the scale though.

Thanks for the great spread on the counter. What's that green/grey gelatinous thing? Scotfarmer's bladder?

Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all 31 threathing snow here gona get something done today don't know what Stan it will warm up around here about June but still be in the lower 80s it will be to hot for me.
Scotty who stretched your truck out? im wanting mine done Latter
Old 02-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good morning all y'all, big surprise it is another cold morning on the edge of the Canadian prairies. It is -13F and the ice fog is so thick I can't see the neighbor's barn that is a quarter mile away. My crazy puppy seems immune to the cold and he just goes crazy playing in the fresh snow when I take him out to do his business. To be clear, I don't count on him having any judgement so I don't let him stay outside for more than a few minutes at a time. He never gets a chance to get frostbite or freeze his feet or anything like that.
BTW - it wasn't me who cleaned up the breakroom.
DW and I have to go into the city this afternoon for her parents' 51st wedding anniversary. I really don't want to make the drive but what are you going to do, family is important.

Have a fun, safe and productive Sunday everyone.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:21 AM

My dog picked his head up and looked at me funny with about 3 seconds to go on that rooster crow.
I think I ticked off my (former) friend Chris back in Pennsylvania. Freakin leach. I mentioned that he still needs to find the tractor parts I left with him and get them to my dad, and he got mad about it. I left the tractor in his care for 2 years and he didn't care for it, now he's had the parts in his (parent's) garage for another year and still hasn't got them to my dad. I asked him if he still has no idea why I am ****ed off about it.
He's 35 or 36 and never moved out of his parents place. Could have moved into his grandmother's place, but didn't think he should have to replace the water heater, roof, and pay the property tax.
My first mistake was trusting him to actually do something that would benefit anyone else.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:49 AM

bored
bored bored bored bored bored
Old 02-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

NE_Frm, I have no doubt that beinghousebound is driving you nuts. I wish I had a solution. DW runs a home-based business which means she doesn't leave the farm much. During the summer she is fine as she is outside all day, every day working in the yard and garden. The winter is a different story and she is going batty from cabin fever this year. It has been really cold and huge snow since early November.
At least she gets a break this afternoon when we go to town for dinner with her parents but she needs some outside time soon
Old 02-09-2014, 02:04 PM

All 4 Jimmy Stewart movies- all 3 CHristian Bale Batman movies- on #2 Daniel Craig James Bond now.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:26 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys know I'm a bit of a nissan fan so.

http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-...-diesel-runner
Old 02-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
you guys know I'm a bit of a nissan fan so.

http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-...-diesel-runner
I clicked on the link amd it opened a blank page.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM

try this one

All bond movies done, on Dirty Mary Crazy Larry now.

Switched from the codone to the suggested advil for minor pain. Hips are hurting from sitting so much (I guess).
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I clicked on the link amd it opened a blank page.
It's blank cuz they really messed up when they changed the name from Datsoon?? Was a good car before the name change. LOL Had a 280Z. I would start that thing up and you could hardly hear or feel the engine run it was so smooth. It would say to me "Hey, let's go for a ride." I would get into my Porsche, start it and it would shake, rumble and roar. It would say "Hey big boy, I dare ya to let the clutch out."
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the short answer is, Nissan has teamed up with Cummins. The Titan is getting a V-8 Cummins for model year 2014, and the Frontier is concept to get an I4 Cummins.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - February 9th thru February 15th***