Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - 12/18 thru 12/24***

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
***BREAKROOM - 12/18 thru 12/24***

It's not a dream, it's really me! Are you excited?

Bob, so sorry to hear about your son-in-law. Wish there was something that I could do. Or say. I can't imagine what your daughter is going through. I'll add you and her to my prayer routine.

Coffee's on. Can't tell you the name of it because it would violate several DTR rules. But it is strong so be careful!
Old 12-18-2016, 07:00 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
What / who is this? Scott, is that really you? Is this your once a year present to DTR? Not sure if I should be excited or run for cover. So what have you been up to during your absence? What brought you back?

The breakroom stinks. Wonder if it is this strange coffee?

Knowing the weather conditions up north I will not tell anyone here what a wonderful day it is down here. Don't want anybody saying bad things about me or throwing things at me.

Got to go and visit my most favorite person in the whole world tomorrow morning. Broke a tooth off and so now tomorrow morning need to see how much my friendly dentist will torture my mouth and my wallet. It's a back tooth and any work towards the back of my mouth makes me gag very quickly. Hate it!!!

It's Sunday night, so time to relax.

Ciao.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mexstan
What / who is this? Scott, is that really you? Is this your once a year present to DTR? Not sure if I should be excited or run for cover. So what have you been up to during your absence? What brought you back?
Yes, it really is me! I don't know about the once a year visit... I'd stick around a lot longer if there were more people to provoke but I guess I've killed them all off with the coffee. Have another cup Stan! Ba ha ha ha haaaaaa!

Morning 'all'! All one of you!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:34 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Morning. Maybe only to all one of you too.

Thanks, but will steer clear of the coffee. Smelled it and that was enough to want me try some of Ph00Bob's ph00ee.

Stick around a bit longer and maybe some provokees will show up. I keep on poking and trying to provoke, (stirring the pot) but must be losing my touch as I am not succeeding very much lately, so maybe I can learn more from the master. Go get 'em.

Looks like another nice day dawning down here in Paradise.

Lots to do today and tomorrow, so had better get moving. Received a call from a tenant late yesterday about a water problem in the house, so went and had a quick look. The water system there is typical for this part of the world and runs out of an underground cistern. At first glance it looks like the foot valve on the in-ground pump is leaking, but can only tell for sure once I remove the pump, which is a bit of a pain. Hmmmmm, maybe I need a shot of chaikwa's coffee to help me do the job. Not going to drink it, but pour it on the union to make it easier to turn.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:25 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning fellow DTRotarions,

Stan up here the most dependable water source this time of the year is , chainsaw & a bucket .-cut a hole in the lake and get a bucket of water ,just saying .

Bob we still have you & your family in our minds & hearts ,and are keeping all of you in our prayers .

Claude
Old 12-19-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by old dog

Stan up here the most dependable water source this time of the year is , chainsaw & a bucket .-cut a hole in the lake and get a bucket of water ,just saying .
I remember many years ago doing a job in northern Ontario where there are a lot of lakes and the local hotel had a huge ice storage shed where they stored big blocks of ice for use in the summer to make ice cubes and other things. Not my kind of life, thank you.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Finally, a decent cup of coffee! Welcome back.
We have been spared the ice so far, hope it stays that way. 13° and cooling. Maybe some more snow today and tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:03 PM

Good afternoon everyone! First, Condolences to Bob and the family.. Prayers being said for them.
Weather here is mid 20's wind chill mid teens. Not bad except when you have to go on a road call for a dozer that quit.. spent 4 hours in the cold and found a wiring harness chafing near the oil pressure sensor. No oil pressure and it shuts off the machine.
Now back at the shop and getting warm.
Got 2 powerstrokes towed in over the weekend.
A duramax dropped off for a crankcase full of fuel.
And a 6.5 turbo GMC Just dragged in. no start.
Guess I am going to have a busy night.
Keurig fired up and making liquid motivation as we speak...
Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang. Just slowed down from a 5am out-of-bed day. Thank you for your replies and well wishes - - - not fun right now. Having to suck some strength from upstairs - - He is faithful, I just have to remember that. Daughter is slowly pulling herself back together. Trying to stay busy to help forget what has happened. Still hard to imagine watching a healthy looking strong man slowly stop breathing, take a big suck of air, then go limp and start to turn white. That one will stick for a while.

On top of all that going on, new appliances delivered last Thursday, new granite tops installed today. Had a problem with the new dishwasher but figured it out and fixed it. Plumber be here in the morning to work over the "under the sink" stuff to the new configuration. It is looking VERY sharp. The blonde loves it so everyone can relax.

OK, heading for an early beddy time. Eyes are drooping. Thanks again for remembering us in your prayers - - we can use it right now.

Bob

ps: Scott - - good seeing you on the page - - miss you. Hope all has been well up your way. Miss our "On This Day" information each morning.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Up and atum. Day is getting old, sun about to set - - - well, maybe not that close. Fresh coffee and ph00 for y00 on the counter top along with fresh banana bread chaser. Plumber coming - - gotta go.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Happy day all! Glad to see Scott back.....was going to say something witty and abusive so he could fire back with something witty and abusive but I am presently out of words....Glad to see back Scott, you have been sorely missed.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:47 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Free, Freezing fog. Come get it.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:48 PM

Evening campers! don't quite have freezing fog here but it got into the 30's today after a 15* start.
Does anyone do preventative maintenance anymore? 3 road calls for gelled trucks, dirty filters and general lack of maintenance...
Oh well, they keep paying and i'll keep fixing them..
So bought the wife a Toyota Sequoia for xmas, Parked it at the shop and figured she wouldn't notice.
Guess who decided to stop by with coffee and a snack... "honey why is there a brand new truck here"
I replied, "Must be the HVAC guy's next door" just then the Hvac guy comes over to say hello and asks her "so how do you like your new suv"
Blabbermouth!
Wifey is happy, which translates into I am happy.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good job Richard! maybe that will translate into some home made fudge for Christmas
Old 12-20-2016, 10:22 PM

I'm here, the janitor's here, anyone know how Bark is doing? Did the shrews get him?

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - 12/18 thru 12/24***