Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning, Thanks for the coffee Stan and Ms M I combined it with a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, apples and walnuts....now I is ready for what ever comes my way

Be safe Olive ewe!
Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Stopped in for a cuppa... good to go.

Stood out in the drizzle last night and put a NAPA rebuilt water pump in my first gen last night. Found it was jammed when installed. Took it out and found a ding in the impeller with a shiny spot on it. What's with Napa these days?

If they have a good one, I get to put it in with a cold front North wind in my face this afternoon.

Gotta go slay dragons. Not the pet, she's fine. I'm after the ones in the computer system.

Don't forget to wear asbestos gloves and a face mask when you pet the dragon in the break room.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Stopped in for a cuppa... good to go.

Stood out in the drizzle last night and put a NAPA rebuilt water pump in my first gen last night. Found it was jammed when installed. Took it out and found a ding in the impeller with a shiny spot on it. What's with Napa these days?

If they have a good one, I get to put it in with a cold front North wind in my face this afternoon.

Gotta go slay dragons. Not the pet, she's fine. I'm after the ones in the computer system.

Don't forget to wear asbestos gloves and a face mask when you pet the dragon in the break room.
My heater core that failed in Rochelle was a dud from an Asian land. I didn't question the bead weld down the middle but guess what split open less then two months after I replaced it. The one I put in in Rochelle did not have the weld in the middle.

You got me thinking about a damper...which lead me to the windshield and the plastic grill/cowl at the bottom. I'm wondering if there's a chance that the cold air is coming in there somehow when it shouldn't. I may try to block or restrict the flow of outside air from the cowl if I don't see something obvious impairing a damper or a passage.

You go Dragon Slayer!
Old 12-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - stopped in on my way by to grab my ph00 and run. Be out at the ranch for about three days and probably way too busy to try and fire up the computer. Sooo, be good and have fun.

CYA

Bob
Old 12-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Mornin, or afternoon whichever your case may be. Big sloop mess around here. Now it's going to freeze. Still laying low trying to get over this what ever it is the wife and I have.
Don't forget to take a bad break once in a while. Keeps it from building up.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another day of "this computer won't talk to that one". My head hurts after re-re-re-typing new performance plans for the new year. Some days it's not so fun to wear gold badges.

If any of you are flying tomorrow in the South, TFR is posted for Nashville. More fun...
Old 12-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Opened up the cowl. Four large holes and one covered from the factory. I could see residue around the other big hole from a seal and I also found two smaller vent like openings. I sealed up all the big holes and left the vent tab thingy's.
Went for a drive...no outside cold air but only Luke warm. I think my next approach is the blend doors and confirm full actuation.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I've whipped my LEGGS into a candy cane carousel of color for the holidays. Quite often my Elder Twin creates a new look of LEGGS for his Holiday pageant.
I can hardly wait to hear what he did.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I've whipped my LEGGS into a candy cane carousel of color for the holidays. Quite often my Elder Twin creates a new look of LEGGS for his Holiday pageant.
I can hardly wait to hear what he did.

Well Younger Twinner...you know how I like to think outside the box so this year I took bailing wire and wrapped it as tight as I could in a candy cane stripe around my leggs....left it on until I could no longer feel anything south of the equator and then let it all loose

Wow!...incredible red, white, black and blue Leggs!...and the cool part is they sting like hell! ...tried to do the same with my neck but I kept passing out before I got more than two wraps....now I have bumps on my head from landing face first .....Oh well...maybe I can do better Tomorrow
Old 12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening everybody! Good to see y'all alive and kickin'!

Shorts, good deal landing that dispatch job! I bet you'll like it, I always thought it can be fun on a busy department.

Just got a phone call from my much older and wiser sister and it reminded me I haven't posted here for a while. I've also been fighting an infected tooth which infected my sinuses which made me miserable and grumpy. Okay, grumpier!

Here's something I did this fall if anyone's interested:

5 years of doing that program and it gets a little bigger every year.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well Younger Twinner...you know how I like to think outside the box so this year I took bailing wire and wrapped it as tight as I could in a candy cane stripe around my leggs....left it on until I could no longer feel anything south of the equator and then let it all loose

Wow!...incredible red, white, black and blue Leggs!...and the cool part is they sting like hell! ...tried to do the same with my neck but I kept passing out before I got more than two wraps....now I have bumps on my head from landing face first .....Oh well...maybe I can do better Tomorrow
Fantastic! I'm going to try barbed wire on my arms and LEGGS. I'll even offer to pull people out of ditches with the wire wrapped around myself. But first I'm gonna soak myself down in Aqua Velva. Can't just look good. Gotta smell good too.
Lucky for me I have no neck.
You've really come up with a festive look this year o twinner o mine.

Hi Skottkwa.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:10 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just had to get online (borrowed !!) and check in with DTR,

surprised to see my scottybro! did your Florida sister call you after me?
snicker....

no kidding, I watched Miranda's tv piece and cannot stress enough at how proud I am of you!!! even Carrie sounded intelligent....lol!

awesome program, maybe I can set up a 'fund you' site.......so proud, sniff!

Truckstops of America Wi-Fi site
Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Morning. Coffee is on. No ph00 today as Ph00Bob is away.

Scotty and Lary, wonder why does the word 'masochist' come to mind when I read about your LEGGS?

Chaikwa, welcome back stranger. Nice informative video. Your chainsaw looks like my new chainsaw.

Heading out in a short while to rescue some older friends. Received a phone call from them about 4 p.m. Yesterday a high truck had driven past their place and hooked the electrical wires crossing the road. The truck kept going, but left the live wires across the road. These are the wires that feed the electricity from the nearby transformer to their house. It ripped out their mast, destroyed the weatherhead and broke all 3 wires. Now they have no electricity, which also means no water. They have a pump for water pressure. Bought a new mast, but the attachment base is history, so need to fab something new to attach the mast to. The problem is that all this is inside the big hollow cement and brick gate post. It's about 3' in diameter and 12' high. Need to cut a big hole in this to reach the back of the meter and mast attachment. No fun. It is a rush to finish this before the electricity commission arrives to re-connect them to the transformer.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi Stan. Be careful. Glad you are able to help.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:17 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
No posts since this morning???????? Was there something wrong with the coffee?

Got my big job finished. Had the new mast temporarily installed when the electricity commission guys rolled up to connect the wires. It was secure enough for them to do their part of the job, so let them finish and then finished my job. They had a problem because they discovered that a couple of wires were also ripped out on the opposite side of the road and needed to fix that too. My friends are now happy. This new wire crossing the road is now much higher than the old one, so chances of it getting torn down now is remote.

Now going to try to relax for the rest of the evening.

Quick Reply: *** The Christmas is getting awfully close breakroom 12/7/15 - 12/13/15 ***