Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM, 7/14 to 7/20****

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
****BREAKROOM, 7/14 to 7/20****

Morning all.

Another week, another breakroom.

Toady is Sunday, July 14th.

1798 - The U.S. Congress passed the Sedition Act. The act made it a federal crime to write, publish, or utter false or malicious statements about the U.S. government.

1868 - Alvin J. Fellows patented the tape measure.

1933 - All German political parties except the **** Party were outlawed.

1940 - A force of German Ju-88 bombers attacked Suez, Egypt, from bases in Crete.

1945 - American battleships and cruisers bombarded the Japanese home islands for the first time.

1951 - The George Washington Carver National Monument in Joplin, MO, became the first national park to honor an African American.

1965 - The American space probe Mariner 4 flew by Mars, and sent back photographs of the planet.

2008 - The iTunes Music Store reached 10 million applications downloaded.

2009 - The iTunes Music Store reached 1.5 billion applications downloaded.

Today's thought:
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that's nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Coffee & ph00 are ready.

Don't forget a thought and/or prayer for 5ver and family.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
On the counter y'alz will find Canuck back bacon, eggs over easy scrambled upside down and boiled.
Wheat toast white toast and bisquits.
Gravy and a partidge in a pear tree.
shrewskewers are the special dish that's squirming by the juice bar.

I tried making dragon-kabobs but after losing a ceiling fan three windows and a urinal...the dragon lives another day.

coffee and almond phoo yung phoo...good to go.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmmm...... Back bacon !!!

Best get moving, lots to do today ...preacher called and needs help setting up this morning, son #2 has a bad knock in the Jeep motor so he gets his first lesson in troubleshooting, and of course there will be some beer drinking and BBQing done later in the day.

Y'all be good.
PISTOL
Old 07-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good morning all y'all. Wonder of wonders, we have gone 36 hrs without rain. Time to get breakfast down the hatch so I can get in some good time with the rototiller.

Back later.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:41 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Howdy, Pistol

Chaikwa, Thanks for another breakroom. Means we made it another week.

Originally Posted by Scotty
On the counter y'alz will find Canuck back bacon,
Love back bacon except with eggs (its too lean). For eggs I need pork belly bacon because its got that fat that fries eggs so well.
Mmmmm, bisquits and gravy, my favorite. Sometimes I wonder why I am over weight since I only eat foods that are good to me.

Originally Posted by j_martin
She did it to me again.
That looked like dinner to me!! Nice fish!

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Just a little. And by little I mean like, 17,000 pounds.
That's what I figured.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Bark, I got to play ball turret gunner due to my small size. should have borrowed Scotty's depends
Too cool!! I now regret not going up in either the 17 or the 24. I have a feeling they aren't going to be flying them forever and I may have missed my chance.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
We are having rib-eye steaks from the 4H steer for supper tonight.
How does buying the 4H pencil out dollar wise?
I am sure the quality is better than anything the supermarket has but does it work out to cost more or less (I know supporting a good cause also makes it worth while).
Old 07-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I forgot to mention...I was scrambling for shelter near Estevan sk yesterday when the emergency broadcast alarm went off on my weather radio. Hail tornado warning 80 mph plow winds over 2" of rain in an hour... flooded the streets. Remained safe. further up the road it looked like it snowed the hail was so heavy.
The rotation of the clouds was low and fast. Expected to see ToTo blow by.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scotty
I forgot to mention...I was scrambling for shelter near Estevan sk yesterday when the emergency broadcast alarm went off on my weather radio. Hail tornado warning 80 mph plow winds over 2" of rain in an hour... flooded the streets. Remained safe. further up the road it looked like it snowed the hail was so heavy.
The rotation of the clouds was low and fast. Expected to see ToTo blow by.
Just got off the phone with my aunt in France..She said the wind there almost tore the maple out..
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 AM

Been bouncing off the walls since 5:00 AM...Working on the 56 Chevy...Getting her ready for sale....... It's time... owned since 1981...

Darn stale gas...No wonder she doesn't run right...
Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 AM
DTR Mom

yikes, non scarecrow! scary stuff! Be safe says Auntie EM....

Top, pay the janitor guy. He does well with opening breakrooms and posting the daily grovel facts. Thank you chiakwa!!! it does make for an interesting reading and it is appreciated.....

was gonna catch up on some projects/do the upstairs bathroom work. read Farmshow paper on the porch, cat hanging out with me like a favorite dog, and cool emails on the 'puter for a bit. relaxing for a change.

guess the airshow bosses got a message as no planes have done practice runs down here. Nice outfit still. great show with a lot of plane hands on/talk with pilots/hear stories. in the 90s I used prison polaroid film to take pics of people in the leather bomber jackets/newer pilot wear stuff against different backgrounds hand painted by my dad. (airfield, English pub or cockpit)
I had a ball turret gunner and his wife help me outfit folks, he was mostly deaf from his service. and only 4 11 too. awesome stories though.
five bucks a pic and we ran out of film the first day. show brought film the next day, we raised over 5,000 bucks in two days for the airshow, donors got pics in planes for 200 bucks. I did it three years before I couldn't participate any more. exhausting but fun. got to 'fly' a stearman too, whoa.

Keep DTR members in your thoughts this week, all good news for youze!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:31 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Howdy Sis,

Canadians, your weather has been crazy.
Last month I was in Pind's neck of the woods when that hail and rain storm came through that flooded everything.
Wild stuff.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Been bouncing off the walls since 5:00 AM...Working on the 56 Chevy...Getting her ready for sale....... It's time... owned since 1981...

Darn stale gas...No wonder she doesn't run right...
Hey Dave! awww, yeah good on ya for letting her go! someone new can be thrilled! 56 mmmm turquois and white? love car shows.......
Old 07-14-2013, 10:37 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Bark
Howdy Sis,

Canadians, your weather has been crazy.
Last month I was in Pind's neck of the woods when that hail and rain storm came through that flooded everything.
Death to the Polar Bears!
lol! Pind is Whitehorse,right? death to pb, snicker snicker

seeing the swollen rivers on tv is scary enough....I don't do rescue work anymore so the realty has set in as to how deadly weather can be......

hey bro, good timing- gonna have lunch. let's raid the fridge....
Old 07-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Bark - once everything (including cutting and wraping) is factored in, we pay about $6/lb for our 4H beef. We still think it is a pretty good deal. Ground beef can be had cheaper at the grocery store but the good cuts are way more at the grocery store.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:29 AM

Wow. Actually nowadays a $6/lb price is not bad for quality stuff.
I had forgotten how big a difference there was between what we call prime vs select (or lower) until I scored a good deal on some prime porterhouse awhile back.
It was so good that you knew that Steer had been raised in a good environment and had died happy.
I have always supported our 4-H but never bought a critter from them.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Hey Dave! awww, yeah good on ya for letting her go! someone new can be thrilled! 56 mmmm turquois and white? love car shows.......
Thanks...Going to be tough...but it's time...Just to many vehicles...I even kept the 1963 Falcon that I drove in high school..And that was back in '79/'80..

Maybe be the next one for the for the sell list...

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM, 7/14 to 7/20****