Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   ****BREAKROOM - 2/3 to 2/9**** (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/%2A%2A%2A%2Abreakroom-2-3-2-9%2A%2A%2A%2A-309896/)

chaikwa 02-03-2013 07:26 AM

****BREAKROOM - 2/3 to 2/9****

Morning.

It's Sunday, February 3rd.

Today in history:

1690 - The first paper money in America was issued by the Massachusetts colony. The currency was used to pay soldiers that were fighting in the war against Quebec.

1809 - The territory of Illinois was created.

1862 - Thomas Edison printed the "Weekly Herald" and distributed it to train passengers traveling between Port Huron and Detroit, MI. It was the first time a newspaper had been printed on a train.

1900 - In Frankfort, KY, gubernatorial candidate William Goebels died from an assasin's bullet wounds. On August 18, 1900, Ex-Sec. of State Caleb Powers was found guilt of conspiracy to murder Gov. Goebels.

1913 - The 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified. It authorized the power to impose and collect income tax.

1916 - In Ottawa, Canada's original parliament buildings burned down.

1917 - The U.S. broke off diplomatic relations with Germany, which had announced a policy of unrestricted submarine warfare.

1941 - In Vichy, France, the Nazis used force to restore Pierre Laval to office.

1945 - Russia agreed to enter World War II against Japan.

1966 - The first rocket-assisted controlled landing on the Moon was made by the Soviet space vehicle Luna IX.

1984 - Challenger 4 was launched as the tenth space shuttle mission.

1998 - Texas executed Karla Faye Tucker. She was the first woman executed in the U.S. since 1984.

1998 - In Italy, a U.S. Military plane hit a cable causing the death of 20 skiers on a lift.

2009 - Eric Holder was sworn in as attorney general. He was the first African-American to hold the post.

Today's thought: What a pity human beings can't exchange problems... Everyone knows exactly how to solve the other fellow's.

Coffee and ph00 left over from yesterday along with the donuts.

Scotty 02-03-2013 07:55 AM

Yum leftover leftovers. Thanks Scott of another mother. I am finally off the road...the past 8 trips have been thru ice snow freezing rain high winds and soiled shorts..almost. lol Weds I head up to get fitted for my immobilizer and then surgery on Thursday. This shoulder likes to separate regularly to allow me an extension of my arm when reaching.

I hope all the DTRonians are doing well.

Totallyrad 02-03-2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3164392)
Okay, I tried it. I tested this morning right after you gave me that link and when this site was working well. Tonite, things have just suddenly started to hang up, so I tried it again. The speeds are faster according to that test site than they were this morning! So i f I'm interpreting it correctly, I have to slow down the speed somehow?

So that means the problem is farther down the line. We use that tool when checking for hotels on the road. We'll actually set the computer up in the room and instead of checking the local connection, we'll hit the Atlanta area where the server is located. If the numbers are 1 meg or better on the upload we're good to go. Any less than that and the screen freezes, Letters appear in bursts while typing Jim can't stay connected to the server. IIRC that's similar to the problem you're experiencing. Next, try hitting a site closer to the server location. I'm wanting to say it's in San Diego or San Francisco.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67 (Post 3164427)
Well, all y'all, it seems it is time to fulfill my weekly destiny. Chrisreyn might be the DTR Night Watchman, but it would appear that I am the DTR Breakroom closer yet again. That is fine with me, it isn't all of your fault that I spend Saturday night at home and checking in with y'all. To be honest, there are worse things I could do :)
I notice that no one cooked up bacon like I asked last Sunday morning so I won't ask again. As a special treat for all of us who hate vacuuming (honestly, that is ALL of us) I bought, installed and charged a Roomba in the Breakroom tonite. DW bought one for our house 2 yrs ago and it has been a marriage saver so I am sure it can do us some good around here.

Tomorrow morning I would really like it if someone brewed up a pot of Blue Mountain coffee. Failing that, a Tim Horton's double double will do just fine.
Talk to you everyone in the morning, here's to a good week that starts our with your Superbowl.

No thank you! The last time I had anything to do with the rumba I had to see a chiropractor for 3 months.[laugh] Super Bowl will be viewed from home, away from the drunks.

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3164480)
Yum leftover leftovers. Thanks Scott of another mother. I am finally off the road...the past 8 trips have been thru ice snow freezing rain high winds and soiled shorts..almost. lol Weds I head up to get fitted for my immobilizer and then surgery on Thursday. This shoulder likes to separate regularly to allow me an extension of my arm when reaching.

I hope all the DTRonians are doing well.

Scotty, a roll of duct tape would immobilize that shoulder, save you a bundle, keep you off the road and might even get you a redneck medic badge.[laugh] Hoping you get things fixed soon.

Morning all. Looks like today will be spent on my back in the driveway replacing the fuel pump in a 98 Intrepid. At least it looks like the rain will quit and the temps will hit 50.............ish.

chaikwa 02-03-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3164480)
Thanks Scott of another mother.

Are you SURE about that? :hehe:
Good luck with your surgery! We'll be thinking of you and sending a few prayers your way.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3164489)
So that means the problem is farther down the line. If the numbers are 1 meg or better on the upload we're good to go.

That's what I figured. My numbers were 3-something and high 2-something. Can't remember what was coming or going, but I thought that was pretty decent.

Off to get a few hydraulic fittings so I can plug my newly shortened hydraulic cylinder, put air to it and check for leaks. I'm anticipating at least a couple. [verymad] It never fails.

cougar 02-03-2013 10:29 AM

Hey Scotty, 2 commendations,
1.) Place the 2 day old doughnut on top of your coffee cup. The steam will soften it after a couple of hours.
2.) I've had surgery on both my shoulders. Start moving it as soon as possible so the scare tissue grows with the movement. It will hurt like H E double tooth picks, but you'll get back in the saddle a lot quicker and less lingering pain.

Scotty 02-03-2013 11:58 AM

Thanks! I have a good ability to rinse the restrictions sooner then the doc wants. Last surgery I left the sling at the hospital...doc ok'd it and had all the bandages off in 48 hrs...I believe that is what helped me get moving faster with less pain during rehab.

Scott, maybe my Elder Twin can figure out the Mother stuff. I'm unable to sipher out how he is so much older and uglier...especially his LEGGS!

Lary Ellis (Top) 02-03-2013 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3164540)

Scott, maybe my Elder Twin can figure out the Mother stuff. I'm unable to sipher out how he is so much older and uglier...especially his LEGGS!

Your just jealous cause Mom said she loves me more....neener neener neener

chaikwa 02-03-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top) (Post 3164579)
Your just jealous cause Mom said she loves me more...

The question IS, 'more than what'? [whistle]

Totallyrad 02-03-2013 03:18 PM

You?

chaikwa 02-03-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3164588)
You?

Me?

Totallyrad 02-03-2013 03:37 PM

You!

chaikwa 02-03-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3164594)
You!

What about me?

Totallyrad 02-03-2013 03:51 PM

You know...

jhenson 02-03-2013 04:25 PM

G'day folks. Seems things are still normal in here......I guess this is normal?? Great weather here to today...70*...no wind, clear skies.....perfect!!! It's Friday (for me anyways) and I for one am glad. Ready to get my shift over with tonight so I can enjoy my 4 days off. No busy work.....as of yet. Hopefully my shift change will take effect next week.....woohoo, no more weekend nights!!!![guitar]

Hopefully all you's will have a good week. Stay safe.

j_martin 02-03-2013 04:38 PM

If it takes a meg of upload speed to get a site to display to you, what does that say?

Enough of the clandestine marketing analysis cr....er stuff.