Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

How many of you have?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was when your lil bro left you 5 miles in the boonies with no light and ya had to hump it out of the hog infested bottoms with not much of a clue as how to get back to the house. Plus it was freezing cold!! Gotcha!! Top that.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 AM

i have seen some strange things working in the alberta oil patch, but they where all with bigger trucks then this and i dont have pics. the dumbest thing ive done with my stock cummins so far is get it stuck on my wifes mothers front lawn. it had been raining for about a day and we had to drop some stuff off there. pulled up to the door parralel to the house and we get her all unloaded. i go to pull a Uie on the front lawn. little did i know that there used to be a flower bed there. i though it was just a row of rocks to level the lawn in front of the house. but i get about 5' from the rocks and the truck stops. i think, ok, maybe its a bit soft, slide her into 4x4 and have a go, no dice. this isnt cool i still have a 4 hour trip north to a friends place. get out of the truck to have a look. the right front tire is about 2" under grade and the suspention is compressed. im in a full turn and the gravel is about 35" away. my strap isnt long enough, and to top it off and my support is a an 90 ford 150 2wd converted to propane. i took a look at my tire, then at the grass, then at the truck and said not gonna happen. it might after it tears the front yard up, i already have to fill in a tire wide swath 10' long. it was a bit softer then i thought. thank fully we are really friendly with one of the local farmers and he brought the JD out. he was kind enough not to laugh but gave her a good tug and pulled her back on to solid ground. i think that was the third time he rescued from my own stupidity. hasnt laughed yet, did give me a good tongue lashing when i got my kenworth stuck in 3" of mud on my front lawn.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BULL NOSE DODGE
I thought it was when your lil bro left you 5 miles in the boonies with no light and ya had to hump it out of the hog infested bottoms with not much of a clue as how to get back to the house. Plus it was freezing cold!! Gotcha!! Top that.
Ouch, talk about personal, but OK you opened the door........the reason I could hump it out of the boonies is the same reason I was with a combat unit in the Army and the reason you drove off is why you ended up a cook in the Army. But hey, you make some great scrambled eggs See ya bro
Old 01-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HAHAHA, I've been stuck about a zillion times but the best one was in 2004. Me and my best friend went playing around in the Texoma region (lots of muddy red sand), long story short we burried my Chevy past the axles (8" lift with 38s and one ton running gear) and it was cold and raining. It took an 03 Dodge CTD on 37s, a 71 Blazer on 36s, plus me in 4x4 and winching and us digging to get me out. Lost the bead on 1 front tire in the process and let me tell you that it takes a lot to get a 6500 lb truck unstuck!!! Total recovery time was about 4 hours, so needless to say I was ready to get out of there!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 PM

I have a CTD b/c I am a rockcrawler... here are a few of my rigs. I get stuck in my work truck WAY more than I do my crawlers. when the buggy is done I will not get stuck ever again. EVER!
the yota:

the work truck:

the sami:

the BUGGY IN PROGRESS:

Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 PM

theres ur problem right there

i used to drive a truck like that, **** thing got stuck every chance it had. didnt have enough lockers or chains. if u spin all 4 tires then ur really stuck. if u lock up and ur still spining u just dont have enough lockers. chains help with that, though, havent seen a tire spin while its in a set of chains. havin an international doesnt help either. need something with a little bit of *****. sure their economical, for all the good that does in a sticky situation.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:53 AM

what can I say? It was free and they actually pay me to drive it LOL.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 AM

i got one but it is not on me. I met a friend sat morning to pick up motorcycle parts. We met halfway which is out in the boonies next to the river. We were talking and a guy walks up and ask me if i can pull him out. So i went down the road to where he was. We have got alot of rain last 2 days. he backed his boat in the river dirt ramp little gravel. very steep ramp. we got a chain and i snatched him out. I would not have even wasted my time writing this BUT he was in a FORD so i had too.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 AM

I was wheelin by myself at night just ouside of Laramie WY bout 20deg outside got my 2nd gen on 38s stuck in a small revien about 15 miles out of town ended up diggin it out by hand lukyily my heater worked left er runnin kept goin back and forth to stay warm did i mention my dum axx had no jacked figured my heat worked i wouldent get out young and stupid wont do that again

and the pic was another time i was stuck in wy in a marsh wasnt screwd or by myself tho 3 trucks tried to pull me out fialy got a wrecker to come out then he got stuck

Old 02-08-2008, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been stuck lots of times but was never alone doing it. The best one is of this pic. Our friend was delivering a load of gravel with his 10 wheeler. The truck grossed at 52k lbs. Our driveway was a little soft but when he went through, the bottom fell out. He actually didn't sink at first. He just couldn't get any traction because there was an incline. We tried tugging on him first with our 3/4 ton Studebaker but he didn't move. When he tried moving again it just sank. The pics aren't too good because it was dark. It took two HUGE tow trucks to pull him out. They both weighed as much as the dump truck.

Jake
Attached Thumbnails How many of you have?-family2-002.jpg   How many of you have?-family2-003.jpg