Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Off Road / 4x4 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/off-road-4x4-111/)
-   -   Greg Boardman of DRC passed away last night. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/off-road-4x4-111/greg-boardman-drc-passed-away-last-night-115437/)

Turbobob 09-07-2006 01:11 PM

WOW! 2 lives that ended much too soon! Tragedies like this open my eyes to the fact that human life is so fragile...Live it to the fullest & give your wife & kids an extra hug tonite...for their families won't be getting any more from their daddys:( God speed!

lmills 09-07-2006 01:24 PM

Yep, don't know what else to say. :( Live life everyday like it might be the last time you see your loved ones.

inline6power 09-07-2006 01:35 PM

my payers are with his family

H2SRDMB 09-07-2006 03:30 PM

my condolances to his family. tho i never crossed his path. we lived not to far from each other. probably not knowingly driven past each other a few times! i was even out that way getting ready the cabin for the cold season. not to uncommon to happen in that area. but still chills the heart when you find it hits closer to home then you would like.

if theres anything i can do to help let me know!
will there be a public funeral?

Fred Swanson 09-07-2006 04:07 PM

I spoke to Greg's wife about an hour ago, and tentative plans for a funeral are for Sept 19th.

She will email me once the plans are finalized and I will repost. The investigation into the accident is holding that part up.

I've known Greg for a long time, back when he was just getting into diesels in general.

I've truly lost a good close friend, who went out of his way for anyone he came in contact with. I'll miss him alot, and think of him often. Losing someone you love is never easy.

ocsurf16 09-07-2006 06:58 PM

Im sorry for you loss :(

XLR8R 09-07-2006 09:12 PM

That's sad - seems like a waste... maybe we'll get to see him upstairs.

Jezzhuntin 09-08-2006 09:42 AM

Sorry to hear, didn't know him, but seems he was well respected. how old was he? my condolences

Fruitman 09-08-2006 10:43 AM

My condolences to the family.
Fruitman

BigDan 09-08-2006 10:25 PM

Wow my heart goes out to his family and close friends. I just cant believe it.

Not to take anything away from this but this hits very close to home in that the same exact thing happened to myself last year. It scare's me more now then when it happened. People always told me im lucky to be alive and right now as I type this I feel sad that we lost a fellow member and this could of been me last lear. I'm not doing good with words right now.... but wow this just hit me hard. I dont know the details about this accident but I guessing its very similar to mine last Thanksgiving. Most of your probably remember me and my story and pictures when I too went head on. I pray nobody else was injured or killed.

I hope and pray that his loved ones can stay strong and hold it together for the days to follow this.

This is very upsetting as to why someone like me lives but Greg had to die...... :(

Thats all I can say right now...... :(

RIP Greg and my prayers go out to your family and loved ones

BowtiedCTD 09-09-2006 01:05 AM

so i never had the privelge of speaking with or meeting greg. but he loved CTDs and for that i would consider him family as would i consider any of yall. that is very sad to hear that suc a well respected man was taken from everyone that he has touched. especialy his friends and family. my prayers go out to them.

Yea i think taht was his truck catching air in Diesel Power. im not a member of TDR and i really dont know specifics of what happened but it seems to me that no matter who you are, this will affect us all. Live life as if today was your last. God speed.

jthorpe 09-09-2006 06:55 AM

From the DTR, our prayers and condolences go out to he and his family. In addition, we will be praying for another person who was also involved in this wasteful and tragic loss, Stuart Bohack. Fortunately, Stuart was killed instantly. Unfortunately, he was killed at all. I hope this will go out as a lesson to us all, that when we're driving these trucks, no matter where, we are careful and mindful of safety.

Jack

lisab4x 09-09-2006 12:26 PM

How nice to find this board...

I am Greg's sister and my chat-room friend found this in an internet search. He was a wonderful, son, brother, husband, uncle, and friend. His tradgic death has shocked us all and we will miss him so much.

He loved his trucks and his business and really enjoyed life.

It is so nice to come here and see all the kind things being said about him. It means so much and i will forward this on to my family.

Thank you,
Lisa

Here's a recent picture of him and my son.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/lisab4x/greg.jpg

CD in NM 09-09-2006 12:55 PM

My condolences to Greg's family and friends. Such a shame to loose someone in the prime of his life. Also, my condolences to Stuart Bohack's family and friends. Live life to the fullest, love to the fullest, something we all take for granted.

CD in NM

Ramdriver15 09-09-2006 04:18 PM

im very sorry to hear this....
my best wishes to his family.