Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

Fun in the Mud @ GraveDigger's place

Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fun in the Mud @ GraveDigger's place

Here's some vids from the mudbog graveDigger had at his place this weekend.

It was his son's 16th birthday, and he threw a heck of a party. Mudbog, food, fireworks, and a lot of fun. There were probably 500 people there thru-out the day, and the parking spilled out onto both sides of the highway for blocks when the two fields got filled up.

When it started, the bog was so easy, a stock truck could have made it, but after too many were driving out, he churned it up, and it just got worse. By the end of the night, no one was able to make it past 3/4 track, with most like mine hardly making it more than 60 ft. And there were a few professional mudboggers there, and even a ford on 79" tractor tires. No, he didn't make it out either. It got so bad, they filled some of it back in just so SOME trucks could get past half track.

There was another dodge truck there, a 76, with a big block that did pretty good with swampers, and then he did it once and made it out with some 40" tractor tires.

There was also an 02 (I think) dually ctd with 8 tires...yes, he had dual fronts. The tires were 39" irocs. he madeit to the end, but didn't make it out cuz he folded up his tierods, and the fronts were pointing at each other.

I ran it in hi range 2nd gear, trying to get some speed, and I was afraid of bouncing the engine off the chip the whole way in low. I was gonna run it again in low , but when I was 1 truck away, they shut it down. That was a little after midnight, and it started at noon.

The line to run was 4-5 trucks wide, and 15-20 trucks deep. There were a lot of trucks there, ranging from stock explorers, to full blown transbraked mud racers.

This one is some friends of mine trying to figure out my camera.
http://media.putfile.com/Confusion17

This one is me running it in hi (should have been in low...probably would have made it out then).
http://media.putfile.com/IMAG0019
Old 11-20-2005, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"THE" gravedigger? as in dennis anderson?? he's my hero!!! saw him for the first time when i was 4 months old at the superdome
Old 11-21-2005, 03:37 PM

yes, one in the same. I talked to him several times thru out the day.

BTW, they were filming for the next "Trucks Gone Wild' Dvd that day, and supposedly anyone who ran the bog will be in the video.

They even ran Street Digger thru it...which is basically a GraveDigger clone with 44" Swampers.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:41 PM

Too bad I had to work that weekend up here at college, but I live literatlly less than 5 minutes from their house/shop. There are still a few trucks sitting around out there, that must have broken down or something. I havent talked to Adam(Dennis' 19 year old son-he went to school with me) lately, so I dont know why those trucks are still sitting out there.

That street gravedigger once had tractor tires on it when I went to their little quanza hut shop there, and Adam fired it up, with open headers and (if I remember correctly) a 468 big block(454 bored over). Edited by Admin that open exhaust sound was echocing in the metal building, just amazing. They have some cool toys there, and I love to go there and hang out. Adam pulls his duramax in the local truck pulls and does decent, but there is one white dually cummins that will outpull all the other diesel boys, even with a lift and 37-38 inch tires.

TRCM, the truck pulls I'm referring to are located in Newland, about 12 miles north of Elizabeth City, off highway 17. They wouldnt be as far for you to come as Dennis' place, trust me(he wants to do truck pulls there to, and was supposidly last year trying to figure out how to get the county to approve it and whatever else is needed). Heres a link to the place where all us good ol' boys go one Saturday a month and have a little truck pull http://www.newlandpullers.com/ . Very cool place to hang out, see some national trucks pull, and the local boys pull at the end(gassers first, then diesels). You really see some stuff break when the local boys pull, I dont want to break anything, so I dont pull.

PM me for any more details, or whatever.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:48 PM

I got the DVD in the mail wed, but was kinda dissappointed. I am in it, but only about 1/4 of the trucks that ran thru were shown. The big blue ctd dually with duals tires at each corner was not shown running the pit, but was shown broke down.

I wanted to see him run it again, as I think the only reason he didn't make it was the tie rod ends folded up on him and he couldn't overcome the 4 front tires pointing at each other.

I may have to drop by there sometime.'

According to their rules, I can't run ANYTHING I have.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:22 AM

What do you have done to your truck, and I can tell you if you can run

I just looked in your photo gallery, and figured out who you were from ramchargercentral, lol. I've seen OBXCharger's ramcharger down at Rebel Off Road here the last few days, its down the road from my house.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Banned

Hurray for Dennis Anderson!

A living legend, he is.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Greenhornet1986
What do you have done to your truck, and I can tell you if you can run

I just looked in your photo gallery, and figured out who you were from ramchargercentral, lol. I've seen OBXCharger's ramcharger down at Rebel Off Road here the last few days, its down the road from my house.

yeah, I helped him (mike - obx) rewire his truck.

Maybe I'll have to give ya a shout next time I am down that way. I usually stop in and chat with jody en route.

and as fer running...wouldhave to dsrp the training wheels on the drw, and put smaller tires one the 79

neither of which I want to do.