NVDTR #16 Forum for the Nevada chapter #16

Chime in Nevada guys and gals

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Hi guys i bought a nice 1 owner stock 12 valve in your state i will be flying out to drive it home. I am looking for ideas to get from the Las Vegas airport down to laughlin to pick up the truck"

I believe there are shuttle busses that run down to laughlin. When do you plan on flying out? I will do some checking on Monday, husband works there and he probably knows but he's sleeping and I'M NOT waking him
Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the reply dieselchick i am looking at the last week of march or the first in april. Very nice person i bought the truck from but his wife has been sick so he can not make the drive up to meet me at the airport. It looks like it would be about eighty miles from the airport to laughlin would this be correct?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM

Husband hasn't called me back yet and 3:00 this morning my brain wasn't working well enough to remember to ask, but I did some searching online and found a couple web sites you might want to check out www.rivercityshuttle.com is a site I got off the airport site it has online reservations and different hotel stops in Laughlin the shuttle makes....I put in some info and it came up with a price of $43.00 just to see approx. what it would run. The airport has links to ground transportation (bus, shuttles, taxi, rent-a-car, etc) www.mccarran.com then click on the ground transportation tab then click outside vegas. I hope one of these will help! I will still try and find more info. 80 miles sounds about right to me I will check that too. Take care!!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by rattlerbob5.9
Hi guys i bought a nice 1 owner stock 12 valve in your state i will be flying out to drive it home. I am looking for ideas to get from the Las Vegas airport down to laughlin to pick up the truck also anyone that has the tools (DV socket,adapter,dial indicator) to work with me to bump the timing up 2-2.5 degree's it is a long ride home 2200+ miles and with the now crazy fuel costs i will need all the MPG i can get.
I need to get this setup ASAP
Thanks Rattlerbob
When you plan on coming out? I'm a mile from the airport.... matter of fact, tell the pilot to park at the end of the east/west runway, get off and walk down the street 1/2 mile!!! LOL! A well known tuner from another site is due in here next week, he could do your timing if need be. Heck, throw me some fuel and food, I'll take you down to Laughlin... even get your choice of taxi also!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:49 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mr. Big Ram
When you plan on coming out? I'm a mile from the airport.... matter of fact, tell the pilot to park at the end of the east/west runway, get off and walk down the street 1/2 mile!!! LOL! A well known tuner from another site is due in here next week, he could do your timing if need be. Heck, throw me some fuel and food, I'll take you down to Laughlin... even get your choice of taxi also!
Mr Big Ram, That sounds fantastic this is exactly what i had hoped for on my trip-to meet some fellow members and have a little fun. I have been shooting for next week what day is he coming? I know how to set the timing just needed a little help with the tools and a location . Yes the food and fuel should work .
Wow you made my day - now all i need to do is find something to tow back and everything would be perfect been looking for 10 days so far but i can't wait forever.

Thank you this will be great Rattlerbob
Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM

ELKO, Nevada native
Old 03-20-2008, 08:01 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DIEZELCHICK
Husband hasn't called me back yet and 3:00 this morning my brain wasn't working well enough to remember to ask, but I did some searching online and found a couple web sites you might want to check out www.rivercityshuttle.com is a site I got off the airport site it has online reservations and different hotel stops in Laughlin the shuttle makes....I put in some info and it came up with a price of $43.00 just to see approx. what it would run. The airport has links to ground transportation (bus, shuttles, taxi, rent-a-car, etc) www.mccarran.com then click on the ground transportation tab then click outside vegas. I hope one of these will help! I will still try and find more info. 80 miles sounds about right to me I will check that too. Take care!!
Dieselchick Thank you for your help i checked your links and i also see you have been helping out fellow members in other threads too people like you and Mr Big RAM are what make DTR the best glad you are here.

I now have a ride from the airport but am still looking for someone with the tools that can work with me to set the timing on a 12valve.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 PM

Vegas here... hello!!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:01 PM

SW Vegas here.

Moved here almost 2 years ago, it so much better than that armpit known as So. Calif.

About time someone started a Nevada thread.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 PM

anyone know how to install the adrenaline for 2001 trucks i'm here in spanish springs and it seems like it cost alot of money to get it installed at a shop. so i was wondering if any does that kind of thing for a small price or free out of the goodest of your heart. thx.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by deaconn
anyone know how to install the adrenaline for 2001 trucks i'm here in spanish springs and it seems like it cost alot of money to get it installed at a shop. so i was wondering if any does that kind of thing for a small price or free out of the goodest of your heart. thx.
Lemme check with a few friends, I might be able to help
Old 06-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Sparks here. Moved here from Battle Mountain about 5 years ago. I'm itching to head back to the eastern part of the state, Reno is just too big...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by mnmlod
hey guys I am a LV native for 41 years. I just moved to CA, after retirement, but I am still loyal to NV.
We switched spots. I'm from Merced/Mariposa now in LV.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Here too!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 AM

im here. obvi. this threads only 4 years old. not expecting many replies now haha

Quick Reply: Chime in Nevada guys and gals