NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Where is everyone and what is new?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is everyone and what is new?

Hi guys,

It's been very quiet on here lately? What's new with everyone?

For me and the Family----it's been CRAZY--Rei is almost out of school, Pauli (my wife) turns.....lordy, lordy she's__ Sh'e gonna KILL me for that one!!!. As some of you know I have been entertaining a new job, it was a serious 6 fig salary-----I turned it down....had to move to NJ and it just did not "feel right". So I'm still here and I have been swamped with trannies to boot.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Hi guys,

It's been very quiet on here lately? What's new with everyone?

For me and the Family----it's been CRAZY--Rei is almost out of school, Pauli (my wife) turns.....lordy, lordy she's__ Sh'e gonna KILL me for that one!!!. As some of you know I have been entertaining a new job, it was a serious 6 fig salary-----I turned it down....had to move to NJ and it just did not "feel right". So I'm still here and I have been swamped with trannies to boot.
Phil,

I have been in Tampa for a long time. Back home now. Kids are almost out of school. 2 years to retirement and looking forward to that! Truck is back to stock. LONG STORY.......We need to hook up soon!!!

Nate
Old 06-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Lets see..

Got laid off from job, but got lucky and found a new job before my last one ended and new job is 100times better then last..

Had a little girl she is now 3 months old and my son is 2.5 years old.

Mainly been focusing on House and yard stuff.

but I guess good and bad news is my Dodge is now 100% tow rig.. bought the wife a minivan and I drive the Grand Cherokee daily now..
Good = truck will last forever now
Bad= I miss driving it sometimes..

but hey I now work 1.2miles from home fuel is not an issue but the diesel would have hated me.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:20 PM

well we have been slammed at work.we started this year way behind,but after hiring some new employees we have had amazing progress. im looking forward to getting together with you guys again...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Good thread Phil!

You KNOW what I have been doing. Been running the roads since my teaching is over for the summer. So far, I have been out to Denver, went to the OBX Drag Race and Sled Pull, and just got back from the NHRDA Drag Race and Sled Pull at "O'Reilly Dragway" in Indianapolis where I was helping my good friend Dale Smith with his Pro-Street Truck. Headed to Chicago in a couple of weeks to attend a "Classic Glasspar Boat Rally" with our newly restored 1960 Glasspar G-3 Skiboat that my Dad left to me before he passed
away. My Wife and I will be with about fifteen (15) other classic Glasspar Boats where we will be talking a ride down the Chicago River and then out to Lake Michigan. Should be fun.

------
John
Old 06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Chapter President

I am still truckin so haven't been home much. I did buy a nice little 95 2wd that I have plans for in the future, just need to be home long enough to start working on it. Also entertaining the idea of buying my own rig but still have to give that one a lot more thought. I plan on being at the make up race for TS.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 PM

Wife and I lost a baby, lost our rental home because the landlord wanted to give it to her daughter who was getting married, temp home with the In-laws on High Rock Lake(not fun) 4 months, been saving money like crazy for a downpayment/building a house and my life has been one big blur for months. Hopefully I'll be back to enjoying life soon cuz this year has really not been very much fun for me. At least the truck is running good.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Wife and I lost a baby, lost our rental home because the landlord wanted to give it to her daughter who was getting married, temp home with the In-laws on High Rock Lake(not fun) 4 months, been saving money like crazy for a downpayment/building a house and my life has been one big blur for months. Hopefully I'll be back to enjoying life soon cuz this year has really not been very much fun for me. At least the truck is running good.
sorry to hear about all the bad stuff man I hope things get better for you
Old 06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
--------------------------
Dang Keegan,.......sorry to hear about all your bad luck! Hope things improve for you and your Wife buddy!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM

hope things are on the upward swing for you...
Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 AM

Sorry to hear that Keegan. I'm thinking of yall.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
Good thread Phil!

You KNOW what I have been doing. Been running the roads since my teaching is over for the summer. So far, I have been out to Denver, went to the OBX Drag Race and Sled Pull, and just got back from the NHRDA Drag Race and Sled Pull at "O'Reilly Dragway" in Indianapolis where I was helping my good friend Dale Smith with his Pro-Street Truck. Headed to Chicago in a couple of weeks to attend a "Classic Glasspar Boat Rally" with our newly restored 1960 Glasspar G-3 Skiboat that my Dad left to me before he passed
away. My Wife and I will be with about fifteen (15) other classic Glasspar Boats where we will be talking a ride down the Chicago River and then out to Lake Michigan. Should be fun.

------
John

Congrats on the boat and all the pics in the magazine this month. What engine did you ever go with on that boat? Been playing in my new boat some, I hit 90mph the other day, had more left, just kept running out of lake and driving ability. My truck ain't the fastest around, but my boat may be close! Dustin
Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 AM

Not that I get on here much, but for me:
Really busy getting Reserve Marines ready for deployment, Son graduated from high school and heading to NC State in August, was considering retiring, but and going to give it a couple more years, TOOO Hot to race so race car is sitting quietly in trailer, Bought a new 2010 Challenger R/T to play with while I am running with the AC on LOL, haven't done anything to truck although have had some trans issues.

Phil, I will give you a call to update you after I pull the pan in about 200 miles. Since the last filter change, it has been flawless, but Dave wants to keep investigating.

Keegan, I hope all gets better for you guys. I have a friend with a home at High Rock lake. I am going to visit soon so maybe I will see you around the area.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tacsavage
Congrats on the boat and all the pics in the magazine this month. What engine did you ever go with on that boat? Been playing in my new boat some, I hit 90mph the other day, had more left, just kept running out of lake and driving ability. My truck ain't the fastest around, but my boat may be close! Dustin
----------------------------------------------
Thanks Dustin!

On our 1960 Glasspar G-3 Skiboat we ended up putting a new 2009 Mercury
50 H.P. Carbureted Two-Stroke with a hydraulic "Bob's Machine Jackplate."
The boat runs about 45 MPH with my Wife and I in it, DEFINITELY not as fast as yours buddy! My boat is not very fast but my 96' Dodge CTD runs pretty good!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
----------------------------------------------
Thanks Dustin!

On our 1960 Glasspar G-3 Skiboat we ended up putting a new 2009 Mercury
50 H.P. Carbureted Two-Stroke with a hydraulic "Bob's Machine Jackplate."
The boat runs about 45 MPH with my Wife and I in it, DEFINITELY not as fast as yours buddy! My boat is not very fast but my 96' Dodge CTD runs pretty good!
John
That Mercury should do just fine. That is pretty good speed out of a 50hp engine. I'm waiting on Keegan to come in and I'm going to try and scare the crap out of him. Hopefully I will be able to push it closer to 100mph by then!

Quick Reply: Where is everyone and what is new?