NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

BIG Thanks/ Props to Midget's Diesel (Davidson, NC)

Old 05-29-2013, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG Thanks/ Props to Midget's Diesel (Davidson, NC)

If there were ever a valid reason to give thanks and apprecaition to a local shop for thier dedication to customer service, this is certainly one!
In short, I was left stranded on the side of the road with a cracked speed sensor in the transmission (yep, $28 part completely shut me down...). As a result I was 1 hour from home with no replacement part, and NOT totally confident that the speed sensor was in fact the actual fix...
With no other options, I called Andrew with Midget's Diesel (keep in mind, the transmission has nothing to do with him nor his shop. I have only gone to them for the purchase of an EFI Autocal...and even that was only about 2 months ago). Clearly I didn't have a LONG relationship with them at the time!
After describing my situation and "probable cause" to the breakdown, Andrew had a calvary of guys en-route with a speed sensor from another truck out of his own stable and a flat bed trailer in tow "just in case" the speed sensor was not the quick fix. Within an hour his team was on site with the part and willing to to whatever necessary to get me back on the road or get the truck on the trailer en-route back home (special thanks to Jeremy and Wayne for thier help...GREAT guys!!). Thankfully, the speed sensor was the issue and I was back on the road within 5 mintes of replacing the part...
When the subject of payment was discussed, Andrew and his team wouldn't even consider it..."that's just what we do for our customers!!".
Simply put, I was amazed at thier willingness to drop everything for someone (proud to say, "customer") in need! Again, it's this attention to customer service (EVEN when the part is totally unrelated to thier offerings) that will have me going back to Andrew and his team for ALL my diesel needs!!
Thanks again to all the guys at Midget's that helped me out and continue to coach me through my performance purchases!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man, that's awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 PM

It's the least I can do...!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sounds like a real good bunch of guys
Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 AM

Yeah Lary...
Keep your eye on that bunch. I think your really going to see a lot if of that shop in the coming months/ years. They know their stuff and clearly focus in the customer follow-up/service aspect.
I think the "mentoring" relationship between Jeff Garmon and Andrew will pay dividends for those if us in the Carolinas going forward!!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Now that's great customer service!!