NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Resignation of NCDTR #18 Officers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Resignation of NCDTR #18 Officers

Effective immediately, Mike Dolan (Mike D.) and myself (John_P) are resigning our positions as President (Mike) and Vice-President (John) of NCDTR Chapter #18.

Within the next month or so, we will schedule another meeting for election of new Officers. I have enjoyed serving as Vice-President for the past five (5) years and look forward to working and supporting the new Officers.

Thank you.

---------
John_P
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, Thanks for all the hard work you've done on behave of the chapter over the years!

It's been an interesting year as President and I've learned a lot. I'm looking forward to where the new officers will lead the chapter and will help where needed.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for your services guys, I know how hard you have worked on our events, and I for one appreciate it. I gues its time for some of the new guys to step up.

Consider this....Obama has no experience, so we don't need any here either!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all the hard work on all the past events! Someone is going to have some large shoes to fill...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Man I REALLY hate to see this happen but I do understand how fatigued one can get with all the negativity when all you are trying to do is put together something enjoyable for everyone.

Thank both of you for your tremendous effort and friendship...You guys are both "Aces" in my book
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM

after meet'n ya'll this past Sunday....ya'll are more than ok in my book
Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 PM

Thanks for all the hard work.
I'll see ya around.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:06 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks guys for all of the events that were put together this year. I have personally had a great time at each one that I was able to attend. I hope the Chapter stays on the roll it is on and picks up momentum as we go.

See you around.

Chris
Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 PM
DTR question asker

Mike and John, I really can't thank you guys enough for the countless hours that ya'll have put towards setting up these great events and gatherings. Though I haven't been to many of them, there hasn't been one time that I have been to an event or talked with one of you that left me with a feeling of a negative experience. Ya'll have done an awesome job and while I hate to see you resign, I can also completely understand why you may want to do so.

Thanks again!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 PM

it takes untold hours to make an event a success. it is clear you guys have always put forth the effort to makes these events a success.however i know how bad it sucks to have weather and negative attitudes dampen the fruits of your labor.il see both of you guys at future events.thanks for what you have done...
Old 10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Chapter President

I appreciate the complements from everyone. I think both John and I are leaving on a high note and look forward to future NC 18 happenings.

The positive comments have always out paced the negative. We're both just kind of burned out right now and maybe some fresh energy will keep the momentum going that has already been built.

Thanks to everyone that has supported our effort in making NC 18 the best it can be and I look forward to the future of NC 18 with great optimism.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike D
I appreciate the complements from everyone. I think both John and I are leaving on a high note and look forward to future NC 18 happenings.

The positive comments have always out paced the negative. We're both just kind of burned out right now and maybe some fresh energy will keep the momentum going that has already been built.

Thanks to everyone that has supported our effort in making NC 18 the best it can be and I look forward to the future of NC 18 with great optimism.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My thanks to ALL OF YOU for your kind words! Also, I want to thank all the Members and HUGE sponsors that have supported our events the last few years. I also want to thank all the DTR Members that have personally called me on the phone about this. Your support is much appreciated.

I concur with what my partner, Mike D. has said above in his post. Hopefully, some of the other NCDTR #18 Members can step up and keep all of the positive things going we have started here. As I have told many of you either in person or here on the website, we will both continue to help in anyway we can. FWIW, Rich Bevington (DieselDaze) who is an Administrator here on DTR as well as the the Head Coordinator for all U.S. DTR Chapters, has informed me that the NCDTR #18 has been one of THE MOST ACTIVE Chapters of all in the last few years! So,.....that is pretty impressive by itself.

Thanks again to all of you.

---------
John_P
Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned

Mike and John you have done a great job!!!!!!! I also want to thank Brian B for all the work he and his company have done for our chapter.

the lose of papa smarf put alittle more work on John, Mike and Brian. I haven't done anything this year because of my work I always like to do something each year, but I let everyone down this year.

I'm sad to say that I would love to step up, but with my work I don't think I would do the chapter justice

Maybe a couple of the members that always ask when we are going to have a GTG, but never show up will step up to the plate and see how much time and work John, Mike and Brian did to make this the best GTG I have ever been to.

The one thing that I want everyong to understand is that no one has any control over the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! It rains when it rains

These our just my thoughts coming from me and me only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
A rainy day at a GTG is still better than ALOT of other things done on a pretty day.

Chris
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 PM

Mike and John,
I would like to express my feeling about the situation.
I believe the two of you are some of the best ambassadors of diesel that I have meet.
It has been a pleasure having the two of you represent our chapter. I am very appreciative
to both of you for giving the time and knowledge that you have in the past. I hope to see ya'll at all of next years events.

Brian Buchanan

Quick Reply: Resignation of NCDTR #18 Officers