NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

obx pro diesel challenge

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obx pro diesel challenge

the date is set and will be going down the 3rd weekend in june.we will have racing, DPM dyno,and sledpulling.also we will have a bad a?? truck challenge,ie... whatever truck does the best in et,hp and sledpulling.more class info and payouts to follow as sponsors get lined up.if you have any questions feel free to ask?if you wish to sponsor shoot me a pm...
Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by king d
the date is set and will be going down the 3rd weekend in june.we will have racing, DPM dyno,and sledpulling.also we will have a bad a?? truck challenge,ie... whatever truck does the best in et,hp and sledpulling.more class info and payouts to follow as sponsors get lined up.if you have any questions feel free to ask?if you wish to sponsor shoot me a pm...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jess:

Sounds good buddy! We will be there.

-------
John_P
Old 01-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Chapter President

Jess, Thanks for the phone call the other day. Looking forward to the event!

Hopefully all of NC 18 will be able to attended. Jess and Buck have always supported our events so let show our support for theirs..
Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM

Location: Ordered to Elizabeth City NC. rather be back in north Idaho
I'll be there! I should also bring my diesel sammy (it should be done by then) and dyno it just for giggles!

Ed
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 PM

I'll be there
Old 01-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jess,
Are you planning a Mud Bog,,, Skid-Pad slolom course and Pontoon Drag Racing for this year,,,,,, just in case? (Just kidding,,,,,,)

I promise I will not mention the "R" word in this thread. I'll make sure I make plans to be there again this year. I know you guys will have a great event that should not be missed.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Dennis actually last year just after the rain out,the track did add a hill and hole mud bog pit.if you go first with yours and you can talk John P into it il drive his truck in right after yours...lol..lol...im sure that wont happn...lol
Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Dennis actually last year just after the rain out,the track did add a hill and hole mud bog pit.if you go first with yours and you can talk John P into it il drive his truck in right after yours...lol..lol...im sure that wont happn...lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your right Jess, that will never happen with either of my trucks! But, I love that 1/8th mile drag strip up there!!

--------
John_P
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Dennis actually last year just after the rain out,the track did add a hill and hole mud bog pit.if you go first with yours,,,,
Surely you jest Jess,,,,,,,,
Level ground and wet grass and I'm looking for someone with a ****** strap to pull my 2WD back to the asphalt!

I don't know why John would worry,,,,,,, the mud would never stick to all that wax and AmorAll he keeps on his rigs!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM

I don't know why John would worry,,,,,,, the mud would never stick to all that wax and AmorAll he keeps on his rigs!
Now that is funny!!! Just pickin JP, I wish mine was as clean as yours!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:11 PM

we are pleased to announce some sponsors.
as in past years TS Performance has stepped up in a big way to help us put on this event.my thanks goes to the Perrys for thier support.
also we have a comp d member Donald Elliot aka F/V SarahBrent signed on as asponsor.Donald isnt in the diesel buisness,he is just trying to help us make this race a success in a tough economy.
Ormand Farms has agreed to help us out this year again.thanks to Tommy and Sheila,Tommy has a very nice twin turbo dmax lbz and i hope we can get he and the truck out on the truck this year.
Columbia Service has signed on once again,Steven Swain has worked with Buck and I since getting the first obx race going.we are glad to have him back and to be honest this event wouldnt have gone on this year without Stevens support.thanks again..
Steve Cole of TTS power systems will be helping us out this year as well.

i will be working to get more sponsors lined up very soon,and will release thier names as soon as confirmed.thanks to our signed sponsors and tom those who are to come.any interested in sponsorship please pm me.thanks...jess
Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Jess

Cris and Dan told me about your event. The 3 of us plan on making it there, and if there is anything that you need us to help with please just let one of us know. I know that you talk to Cris the most, so let him know that I got up with you and what you need. I'm going to head over to Cris' shop now to help him install his roll cage.

Brett
Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 PM

i am pleased to announce Tim Barber of TRE Diesel Performance and Bob Wagner have agreed to help us out with our event.i want to thank these guys for thier support....

more to come
Old 03-16-2009, 07:35 PM

ok i finally have some info on the truck challenge,ie... a speacial award for those who wish to race,dyno and sled pull at the event allready.all participants will need to do is tell me in advance or at the start of the race day that thet want to be included in this challenge. first the challenge will be called the getsoot.com challenge.Steven Swain will be sponsoring this class.here is how it will work.points will be awarded for lowest et,highest hp and longest sled pull.this will work by say if 5 trucks enter lowest et will get 5 points next lowest 4 points and so on.we will also use mph or tq as a tie breaker if needed.as for rules we wont maximum participation,so we will allow proper truck set for each class.ie if you want to strip your truck to race,you can.if you want to weight your truck up to pull,you can.nitrous and lp and meth will be allowed in the race and dyno.we have a green light for drug use in the pull for this class but i will leave that up to popular vote.ie we will decide day of event on drugs in pull or not. you will need a time slip from race day,Dunbar will register your hp and tq and for the pull you will pull in a class just for this competition. a very nice trohy and a few hundred bucks is up for grabs.i think i have covered it all but if i havent or there are questions let me know....
Old 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM

i am glad to announce that Pat and Kat along with duramaxdiesels com have stepped up to help us out with the event,by sponsoring awards for best reaction time and also one for closest to dial in or class index.thanks to the Mcswains

Quick Reply: obx pro diesel challenge