NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

OBX Outlaws May22

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would like to thank all the racers,spectators,sponsors,crews from the track and sled pull who all helped to make this year event a big success.we had great weather and pulled in a good crowd even though this year was basically a truck race.there were a few gas cars tnt but mostly diesel. this presented us a problem,to fill time we let the bracket trucks run all they wanted to.this caused some damage to the prepped track surface and we never got it back to were it was. it was ok but not great. all the racers adjusted well and made the best out of the situation. a big congrats goes out to all the winners in both the races and the sled pulls.
Darren brought the crowds to the fence every time he pulled up. Keatings rail showed lots of potential,and how could we forget about the debut of THE Jeff Garmon in his "dog dick pink" s10. Jeff made some clean runs and he could be big trouble for the small truck guys.

the track was tough on trannys. Meachum, Brian J,Dockboy and Tim Barber all lost transmissions.Sorry for the carnage but def glad you guys came out.

we had a nice field of index and Diesel Addiction et bracket racers.i am bad with names and will get top 4 in index,brackets and pro street up soon.

the sled pull had a small field but the participants put on a super show. i will try to get Daniel to post the winners in each class with the distances they pulled. a big thanks goes out to Ken Whitely at Big Daddy Motorsport and Daniell Hill at Straight Diesel Truck Pulls.

thanks again. we hope to have all of you back next year...

also hope to have some video p on youtube soon...
Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Jess:

My sincere thanks to you, Buck and your entire Crew along with the Staff at "OBX Dragway" for the excellent job you did and for putting this event on!
As always, I had a great time and that last drag race between Craig Colburn in the "T&S Caged Fury Truck" and Buck in his Duramax was very exciting!
Man they were VERY CLOSE!

Thanks again Jess!

-------
John_P