NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Jacksonville, NC Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Jacksonville, NC Dyno Day

As many of you know, Wayne Murphy and I have been discussing a dyno day for this fall. Also, many of you have called me asking when we can set one up. Well, here are some dates for all of you to consider. I have copied and pasted Waynes post from the other "Possible N.C. Dyno Day" Thread"
__________________________________________________ _______________
The dates that JohnP and I had discussed were Sat.29th of Oct. or Sat Nov 5th. Let us know which one would work the best. Jess I know that is not the best time for you, would a week or so later be better. I can be flexible on my end.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Please take a look at these dates and let us know what works best for you guys. I am in the process of trying to secure some giveaways from our sponsors for this event.

Thanks!

--------
John_P
Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,

I may have to come out there, but this would be my first gasser dyno. That's right, I gave up on big red.....she was falling apart on me. So I got me a 2011 4x4 crew hemi. I am not done with cummins, but needed a change. Thanks for evertthing and you will see a young kid drivin big red, take it easy on him.....lol

Nate

Name:  175.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  54.7 KB
Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 PM

I won't dyno, but I might try to come out and see all the old faces. My work is really not cutting us slack on time off lately and I'm up in the air on the 29th for time off. I also might go to Mopars since its closer. Right now, I got the feeling I'll be working that day.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the replies fellas!

Nate, that is a nice new Dodge Hemi Truck you got! Sorry to hear you have left the diesel ranks, but I understand. I am NOT a big fan of the new Dodge CTD CR (Emission Trucks) AT ALL! You know you are always welcome at any of our dyno or diesel events regardless of what you drive.
Hope to see you there.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:36 PM

John,

I will not be getting a newer diesel......i will try to find a 96-97 12v for a toy.....but I want a str8 cab 4x4 manual......

Nate
Old 09-09-2011, 11:58 PM

I just hope the day will be dry!!!!! and cool!!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Hey everybody, this thread has been up here for five (5) days now and it looks like only two (2) of our NCDTR #18 Crew want to attend this event!
Nate and Keegan, my thanks to both of you. We are going to have to have more Members than this to hold this event fellas. I have had several calls over the past couple of months for a dyno day by several of the members here so lets try to make this event a success.

Here is the list so far:

1.) John P.
2.) Nate
3.) Keegan
4.) Cliff and Wife
5.) David (BC 847)
6.) Dan (cadash)
7.) Matt (Pork)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM

i honestly want to make this event however both these dates are gona be super tuff and prolly will not work for me. the later the better. after the first of the year is even better. you guys do what is best for the masses. i will work to help make the event a success even if i dont go
Old 09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Thanks alot Jess! If we don't have at least eight (8) trucks to run at this event it is not going to happen. It is not fair to Wayne and his staff for anything under that. So,.....we will see what happens........
Old 09-15-2011, 06:30 PM

i could do most any time after the first of the year if these dates done work out. i will keep checking in...
Old 09-18-2011, 01:17 PM

Hey everyone, I have at least 8 guys that I know that are really itching to dyno. Most of us work together so I will throw the dates to them and see what will work. Most likely any date will work.

I spoke to someone up at Rudys Diesel (talking about tuck parts) and mentioned the dyno day and most likely he would try to make it with his race truck if he was invited as well as offer some door prizes as well. So for arguments sake, Oct 29th will work. Not sure on how small this is trying to be kept but if Im allowed to post this on another forum, we should have a great turnout!!! Fords though....
Old 09-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cadash
Hey everyone, I have at least 8 guys that I know that are really itching to dyno. Most of us work together so I will throw the dates to them and see what will work. Most likely any date will work.

I spoke to someone up at Rudys Diesel (talking about tuck parts) and mentioned the dyno day and most likely he would try to make it with his race truck if he was invited as well as offer some door prizes as well. So for arguments sake, Oct 29th will work. Not sure on how small this is trying to be kept but if Im allowed to post this on another forum, we should have a great turnout!!! Fords though....
-----------------------------------
Dan:

Thanks for your post buddy! Dan we need to get a definite decision on your eight (8) friends. Also, if you want to post this on your Ford site that would be fine. Please do let Aaron Rudolph know about the event at "Rudy's Diesel" if you can. I would love to see his race Ford PSD break 1,000 H.P.
on Waynes Dyno!

When you get some definite names please let us know Dan!

Thanks.

-------
John
Old 09-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Hey John! Hope everyone here is doing well! Count me and the wife in. My truck will probably be torn down, but we can run hers. She just bought a 2005 2500 ctd with a few mods. We ran out at the track last Friday night and my best time was 15.3 for the 1/4 with a .078 reaction time. But yeah I am sure I can get a few others to join me to from the club. Keep me posted with a possible date.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cliff dodge
Hey John! Hope everyone here is doing well! Count me and the wife in. My truck will probably be torn down, but we can run hers. She just bought a 2005 2500 ctd with a few mods. We ran out at the track last Friday night and my best time was 15.3 for the 1/4 with a .078 reaction time. But yeah I am sure I can get a few others to join me to from the club. Keep me posted with a possible date.
--------------------------------------------
Thanks Cliff! I will need to have exact numbers from you on your crew when you get some time. It looks like the date will be October 29th right now.
I will add your name to the list though.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 PM

Guys I don't care if we have only 4 or 5 trucks. I'm willing to do it. I would like to limit it to 12 to 15 max. After this event my other knee is most likely going to get replaced so I'll be down again for 3 to 4 months. I just ask you to please remember no stacks in the shop.
Jess when you get time after the first of the year let me know and I'll help you out with some time if you need it. The 29th of Oct. sounds good.

PS, my daughter is having twin boys in Jan. Mine and my wifes first grandchildren

Quick Reply: Jacksonville, NC Dyno Day