NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

DHRA failed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DHRA failed.

Whoa!!

I think the NADM's schedule might just pick up a bit.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:32 AM

i am lost on this one.....
Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 AM

DHRA cancelled all 2009 events and is closing down the organization. Its posted on there website.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Banned

repost : https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=229768

at least I knew about this in the fall and did not re up my membership.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Without going into a "rant" here, let me say, "I could care less about Eric McBride and his DHRA! This guy doesn't "burn bridges",.......he
"C-4's em" and it has FINALLY caught up with him! NADM, NHRDA and the other sanctioning bodies that oversee diesel drag racing and diesel sled pulling will "take up the slack" very well IMO.

---------
John_P
Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 AM

Can't say I didn't smile when I saw it John.

Just hope some of the sponsors that got burned by E. M. will come back to the sport.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Can't say I didn't smile when I saw it John.

Just hope some of the sponsors that got burned by E. M. will come back to the sport.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree Keegan! I did more than smile, that's for sure and I can tell you that alot of other people did too. I also hope that the sponsors he "rolled over" also come back. With this economy the way it is, I think this is going to be a tough year for all of them.

--------
John_P
Old 01-17-2009, 11:40 AM

What exactly did this guy do to **** so many people off?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Treated people who worked for him very badly. Changed rules on the fly to allow favored contestants(I would say friends) a second chance when they got beat. Failed to give payouts to those who had EARNED them and were PROMISED them until it became a HUGE STINK and then tried to act like it was a little oversight.

Just inconsiderate and poor management. I can only be grateful that some of the good people that got shafted were smart enough to get out of the DHRA and start a new organization. Its an organization that should be trustworthy and well managed making it strong enough to grow even in tough times. That would be the National Association of Diesel Motorsports (NADM).
Old 01-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned

I"M glad DHRA failed, because when I joined back in 2006 they said that I would receive alot of things by joining. From what I have seen the only one who got anything is the one who was in charge(no names) That person screwed alot of great people and as they say "what goes around comes around" TAKE THAT for all the great people you screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Treated people who worked for him very badly. Changed rules on the fly to allow favored contestants(I would say friends) a second chance when they got beat. Failed to give payouts to those who had EARNED them and were PROMISED them until it became a HUGE STINK and then tried to act like it was a little oversight.

Just inconsiderate and poor management. I can only be grateful that some of the good people that got shafted were smart enough to get out of the DHRA and start a new organization. Its an organization that should be trustworthy and well managed making it strong enough to grow even in tough times. That would be the National Association of Diesel Motorsports (NADM).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: DTR Member Smokeitup:

Unruly NFS (Keegan) is telling you the truth on DHRA but has just "scratched the surface" for you on everything they have done. Everything he has listed is TRUE but unfortunately, .............there is SO much more.

I have to be careful what I say here, becasue of my position here at DTR.
Let me add a little to what Keegan said. They also told racers at an event last year that they couldn't pay them the full purse money because the sponsor that put that purse money up had "pulled out as a sponsor." The TRUTH of the matter was that sponsor who DHRA told the racers had allegedly "backed-out",......... was NEVER A SPONSOR TO BEGIN WITH!! This did not come out until the racers went to the owner of that diesel performance company to complain and "ask why they backed out as a sponsor."

If you plan on going to any diesel events this year, look me up, and I will be glad to fill you in on everything I know about the "antics" pulled by DHRA over the last few years. Sorry, I cannot do it here.

---------
John_P
Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Didn't NHRDA not pay the payout at the last event of the year in Gainesville, Florida? I thought I had heard something about them cutting the points winners short as well as the guys that won at that race. Not saying they are 1/10th as bad as DHRA, though.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:32 PM

I didn't even know this had happened, but I am not surprised.

Darn, now I have to drive all the way to Muncie, lol.