Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   NCDTR #18 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/ncdtr-18-137/)
-   -   Coastal Plains Dragway-Results from 6/7/08 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/ncdtr-18-137/coastal-plains-dragway-results-6-7-08-a-207503/)

John_P 06-07-2008 07:54 PM

Coastal Plains Dragway-Results from 6/7/08

Well, I am a little late getting this posted here, but we had a GREAT turnout and "whale of a good time" on Friday night @ CPD in Jacksonville![laugh]
I think there was ten trucks in attendance. It was great to see everyone again and also good to meet some new faces and hopefully some new DTR Members too!

I did two "shakedown" runs with my 1996 Dodge CTD with the "freshened-up"
Scheid Diesel Engine and ran a personal BEST E.T. of 11.49@115.62 MPH! The previous "best" was run by my Son, John Jr. at Rockingham Dragway in 2007 with an 11.52@118.9 MPH. Here are the numbers off my time slip @ CPD:

Reaction Time: .4770
60 ft. Time: 1.628
330 ft. Time: 4.782
1/8 E.T. : 7.37
1/8 MPH : 94.97
1/4 E.T. : 11.49
1/4 MPH :115.62

The weather at the track was HOT (85degrees) with high humidity. I know that was hurting all of our times. But even at that, Nate (ShakinRedCTD) also hit the 13's and RonP ran a 14.3 with his 2003 Dodge CTD CR, with the stock charger, stock injectors and stock fuel system! Congratulations to those guys.

---------
John_P

Mike D 06-07-2008 08:34 PM

Congrats again on the great times buddy! If I know you, you'll tweak on that truck until you get some more out of it... :)

Where's the video? [laugh]

John_P 06-07-2008 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D (Post 2109210)
Congrats again on the great times buddy! If I know you, you'll tweak on that truck until you get some more out of it... :)

Where's the video? [laugh]

-----------------------------------
Thanks Mike! Yeah, Cris S. and I were talking last night and agreed that the truck should be able to go a little faster. Maybe a high 11.3.......................
I will have to do what Johnner did @ Rockingham and pull off one of those hard 30lb boost launches!:o[laugh]

And BTW,......I KNEW you were going say something about that video you sneaky devil![laugh] I think one of the guys Nate knew did videotape the run, so we will see if he can get it up here for us. I have the time slip and witnesses, does that count?????:(

05CTDN8 06-07-2008 10:10 PM

Thanks John for posting that. Fastest run was a 13.73 with a 1 second spank on that Mustang. Secon run was the 13.85 WHOOOOPIN the tar outta that Duramax. Third run was on RonP which was a close run!!! I will post the actual times in the A.M.

UnrulyNFS 06-08-2008 08:06 AM

Great times guys.

Totallyrad 06-08-2008 09:08 AM

Good run John and congrats to the other guys for showing up and laying down some rubber.:cool:

MoNStrRIg 06-08-2008 11:00 AM

We have the video, should be up within the next couple of days..........

John_P 06-08-2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MoNStrRIg (Post 2109656)
We have the video, should be up within the next couple of days..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks alot and it was great to have finally met you.

--------
John_P

05CTDN8 06-09-2008 05:44 AM

John,

Well you said it, if it can happen it will. My girl went down to GA to pick up her son. She wqas there friday and was not able to be reached. Finally Sunday we got ahold of her. It seems her ex-husband got to her and used her boys and that "I will have him arrested" thing on her. She has submitted and is currently moving back to AZ with him. He is coming up with her tomorrow to take everything from the house. She truely believes he can get me in trouble through the military from our relationship......I am so lost without her. Not sure what to do....

John_P 06-09-2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD (Post 2110484)
John,

Well you said it, if it can happen it will. My girl went down to GA to pick up her son. She wqas there friday and was not able to be reached. Finally Sunday we got ahold of her. It seems her ex-husband got to her and used her boys and that "I will have him arrested" thing on her. She has submitted and is currently moving back to AZ with him. He is coming up with her tomorrow to take everything from the house. She truely believes he can get me in trouble through the military from our relationship......I am so lost without her. Not sure what to do....

---------------------------------------------
Nate:

Sorry to hear about all of that buddy!:( If there is anything I can do, give me a call O.K.?

Timinva 06-09-2008 05:02 PM

John, congrats on the times. I see you have went faster than Johner now. You will have to let him give it a shot again. I think a cool fall day 11.30s will not be a problem. Tim

John_P 06-09-2008 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Timinva (Post 2111154)
John, congrats on the times. I see you have went faster than Johner now. You will have to let him give it a shot again. I think a cool fall day 11.30s will not be a problem. Tim

---------------------------------------------
Thanks Tim! I can't wait to see your truck hit the 1/4 mile too! BTW,..........
CONGRATULATIONS on your truck getting in the July Issue of "Diesel Power"
Magazine!

--------
John_P