Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Texas DTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Texas DTR

I sent a PM to the Texas Chapter about anything going on in the Texas area, but got no response. Does anyone know of anything? Would anyone like to plan something?

CR
Old 02-13-2004, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR, I was hoping to find something going on not too far from my home in Louisiana but have not been able to get any info from the Texas Chapter. Of course with my luck, something will take place 800+ miles away on the other side of the Lone Star State.

Gene007
WarWagon
Old 02-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Chapter President

Shoot, it's closer for me to drive to Missouri then it is to El Paso.

Hopefully we can get something a little closer. I'm just north of Dallas. I'm sure there are several people that would show up.

CR
Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 PM

Im about 2 hours south of Dallas, but I could probably make the drive .
Scott
Old 02-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Chapter President

Great!

Let's keep this thread going and see if we can pick up a few more folks. Once we get enough to make it worthwhile, we'll see if we can find a place.

I have six acres out in the country we could use. The only problem, I only have a travel trailer and a two stall barn. The nearest "civilization" is about ten miles and the nearest motel is about 20 miles. If people don't mind a "dry camp", I have room for trailers and tents.
Also, I don't have an inside place where modes could be done. If it didn't rain, that would not be a problem. I thought about buying one of those one car tarp garages to use up there.

Anyway, lets hang out and see what shapes up.

CR
Old 02-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Chapter President

Gene007,

I don't know how far you are from Houston, but this might interest you.
dsljunkie has already replied and is going.

CR

Texas Dyno Day...
Here we go again boys....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok the date is set in stone Saturday March 13th 9-6,the event will be held at Turbochargers.com 290 & Pinemont.They have a Dynojet 248c that will read torque.3 pulls 50.00-10.00 a pull thereafter.A printout will be available or bring a floppydisc so you can post it on the net.
Check back often for any changes or info that occur.

PS We are looking for someone to BBQ.

Directions.From Beltway 8 and 290 head southeast on 290 and take Pinemont exit stay on feeder go under Pinemont to 43rd and U-turn heading back Northwest on feeder,just as you go under Pinemont there is an exit to the right which will take you behind the Mustang equipment building, Turbochargers.com will be on the righthand side.From downtown take 290 Northwest to the 43rd exit and follow above directions.

http://www.turbochargers.com/

Turbochargers.com
5410 Burr Oak Drive
Houston, Texas 77092
(713) 681-1111
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's showing?

JAMES NORTHUM BUILT DTT TRANNY
LAREDO PERFORMANCE DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM
Old 02-20-2004, 12:15 AM

Only 20 miles to the nearest motel, Thats in the middle of the city compared to where I live . Lets see if we can get some more folks interested in the meeting as well as in the dyno day
Scott
Old 02-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Chapter President

dsljunkie, I forgot where you were.

When I said "dry camp", I ment that I have water and electric, but no "outhouse" facilities. I've rented porta-potties for out there before, and could do that.

I asked Chase at West Texas Turbo if he would be interested in coming. He fixed me up with my EZ and gauges and I want to look at by-passing the dreaded LP on my truck.

Attached is his email back to me.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 8:03 AM
To: Charles Robinson
Subject: Re: DTR

Sounds good to me. I got a 43' race trailer and am in the process of rigging it out for mobile installs like what you describe. I am going to Houston today and pick up a Mustang Dyno, and it will eventually be set up as a mobile unit. Let me know what I can do to help.
Thanks,

Chace Aldridge
www.westtexasturbodiesel.com
Diesel Peformance/ Towing Products
==============================================

Anyone that is interested can PM me with their email addrsss and I'll keep them up-to-date on who, what, where, how many and when.

This could be Fun.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Richard Page, the President of TXDTR #8 has asked that I find someone to take over his chapter duties, because of his heavy work load.

Charlie Robinson (crobtex) Has agreed to take over as Chapter President of TXDTR #8 Thank you Charlie we look forward to working with you to make the Texas chapter a real success.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know, I will be posting email information for Charlie once we get the forms worked out. Go Texas!!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Chapter President

A little more information is case you are considering trying come to a little meeting of DTR folks. I was thinking of sometime in May, but the date is pretty much open for me. I've never done this before, so please help me stumble along. I know there are several members in the DFW area and southern Oklahoma area. Depending on how many people come will give me an idea of what we could do in regards to a cook-out and other activities. Other activities is anything someone suggest and can be made to happen. To me, sittin' around sippin' a cold one, talking Cummins, fishing, hunting and just generally telling lies is fun.

My place (The Broken Bit Ranch, as I call it) is north/north east of Dallas. It's right off Texas 121, which is east of US 75. For those of you not familier with Texas, we're about as far north of Brownsville, Texas as we are south of Omaha, Nebraska. If you live in El Paso, Texas, you have a longer drive then it is from Omaha. I know, I know......Alaska is bigger!

Let me know..............

CR
Old 02-22-2004, 07:54 AM

CR, Congrats on your new position! Also, I saw the info on the Houston event but will be working . As far as May, I will probably be off from May 6 on to around the 21st, so if your get together is in that time frame, I'll be there.

Gene007
WarWagon
Old 02-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Chapter President

Thanks...........I guess.

The May time frame is about what I was thinking. I know there are a lot DTR folks around here, but I not getting much response.

I'll keep you posted.

CR
Old 03-02-2004, 10:02 AM

I would be interested in something too. I am in the Houston area. I am going to look more into Dyno Day on the 13th. It is not far from me and I have never been to anything like it before.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Chapter President

Great! It should be a lot of fun. I'm going to try to go, but not sure now if I can make it.

CR
Old 03-02-2004, 10:01 PM

crobtex, let me know if you decide to go to Houston. I'm going and I'm looking for some people to caravan with. I live just south of you in Allen.

BTW, I plan on leaving between 5-6 that morning and coming back that evening, so it won't be an overnight thing.

Quick Reply: Texas DTR