Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   Spring Fling 2007..."Roll With The Changes" (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/spring-fling-2007-roll-changes-141415/)

Hammer 03-12-2007 10:29 PM

Spring Fling 2007..."Roll With The Changes"

The Mason-Dixon Turbo Diesel Club would like to extend a invite to all members here for our annual Spring Dyno/BBQ event.This years event will be a 2 day event so we can try and get everyone who desires to dyno onto the "Humbler" and shake off their winter cobwebs.We also will be welcoming the new owners of the business with their first dyno event so lets all make them work hard and keep them busy.Dave,George and Jason are now the owners of the former "Kauffman Motorsports" shop and are always at the events.Jason is the newbie of the group and needs a initiation M-D TDC style,LOL.So with that here is the info.................

What...."Roll With The Changes" 2007 Spring Fling Dyno Event/BBQ

Where..SGS Performance
901 Range End Road
Dillsburg,PA 17019
(717)-502-0880
http://sgsperformance.com/index.htm

Cost...$70 for 3 spins with HP/TQ readings

When...Saturday May 19th & Sunday May 20th

There will be no classes as this is a bragging rights,stick your chest out,outlaw style roll.This means all is fair in love and war,you come in,strap up, let the numbers fly and may the best man or woman,Ford-Dodge or Chevy be the top dog.So who can or will lay the smack down and go home with bragging rights,time will tell.Post up people and let us all know if your coming and what you wish to bring to the covered dish BBQ.

The only rules we will have is stack owners will have to drop their flex pipes or allow us to slide the exhaust tubes down over the stacks and dually owners must remove the outside wheels to help keep the show rolling.Also for the dually owners if you would prefer to dyno with a set of 2500 wheels(singles) some of the guys may be able to bring their extras for you to borrow.Tools will be provided to help and other members will be able to help you if needed.Those who desire to do some BOMBing work may use the shop,but,please all we ask is you clean up after yourself and then dyno during the weekends event at some time.

I will post the motel and campgrounds list tommorrow for thos who desire them................Andy

wannadiesel 03-13-2007 06:13 PM

I will be there Sunday - I have other obligations that Saturday.

JD730 03-14-2007 10:15 AM

I don't know what day, but I will be there.
With any luck we might have some rhubarb by then Dave.

Bswope 03-14-2007 07:56 PM

See ya fellas there!! Gonna try and make it both days!!

wexman 03-21-2007 07:08 PM

Giving this a bump up.

mikmaze 03-21-2007 07:18 PM

ouch, 184 miles away....... maybe I'll see you folk at the next one, a bit east perhaps ?

Hammer 03-24-2007 12:04 AM

ouch, 184 miles away....... maybe I'll see you folk at the next one, a bit east perhaps ?
You don't travel Much?????

I have tried for years to get a competent shop out east to have any type of dyno day at and have yet to find one which didn't desire to rape us with outrageous costs.Once you inform them on how many trucks it will draw they usually turn you down along with no desire for the excessive smoke.

I have been to two shows out in NJ over the years,one was in a alley where you had to back into the bay and dually would never fit(what a joke it was).The other is no longer in business and long been since closed.With the crazy rules and regulations your state has for big events safety wise it would be hard to run one there.I would entertain the thoughts of a show on the PA side of the river if one could be found who had enough room for about 200 trucks.........Andy

JD730 03-26-2007 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze (Post 1420023)

Come on Mike, when I was at Fall Brawl I met 2 guys from up by Buffalo, NY, now that makes 184 miles look a little better IMO.

XJJoe01 04-08-2007 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer (Post 1405010)
The Mason-Dixon Turbo Diesel Club would like to extend a invite to all members here for our annual Spring Dyno/BBQ event.This years event will be a 2 day event so we can try and get everyone who desires to dyno onto the "Humbler" and shake off their winter cobwebs.We also will be welcoming the new owners of the business with their first dyno event so lets all make them work hard and keep them busy.Dave,George and Jason are now the owners of the former "Kauffman Motorsports" shop and are always at the events.Jason is the newbie of the group and needs a initiation M-D TDC style,LOL.So with that here is the info.................

What...."Roll With The Changes" 2007 Spring Fling Dyno Event/BBQ

Where..SGS Performance
901 Range End Road
Dillsburg,PA 17019
(717)-502-0880
http://sgsperformance.com/index.htm

Cost...$70 for 3 spins with HP/TQ readings

When...Saturday May 19th & Sunday May 20th

There will be no classes as this is a bragging rights,stick your chest out,outlaw style roll.This means all is fair in love and war,you come in,strap up, let the numbers fly and may the best man or woman,Ford-Dodge or Chevy be the top dog.So who can or will lay the smack down and go home with bragging rights,time will tell.Post up people and let us all know if your coming and what you wish to bring to the covered dish BBQ.

The only rules we will have is stack owners will have to drop their flex pipes or allow us to slide the exhaust tubes down over the stacks and dually owners must remove the outside wheels to help keep the show rolling.Also for the dually owners if you would prefer to dyno with a set of 2500 wheels(singles) some of the guys may be able to bring their extras for you to borrow.Tools will be provided to help and other members will be able to help you if needed.Those who desire to do some BOMBing work may use the shop,but,please all we ask is you clean up after yourself and then dyno during the weekends event at some time.

I will post the motel and campgrounds list tommorrow for thos who desire them................Andy

Any prize for the "lowest" dyno numbers???? [duhhh]

I am looking forward to this as I have been itching to dyno my truck for a baseline. As you can see, I haven't added any power mods yet.......

Joe

iker42 04-08-2007 11:10 AM

if dads walking and driving by then?

wannadiesel 04-09-2007 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by XJJoe01 (Post 1449325)
Any prize for the "lowest" dyno numbers???? [duhhh]

I am looking forward to this as I have been itching to dyno my truck for a baseline. As you can see, I haven't added any power mods yet.......

Joe

No, but we won't make fun of you. :)

XJJoe01 04-09-2007 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel (Post 1451257)
No, but we won't make fun of you. :)

I was hopping to claim a prize like a smarty for the highest stock dyno numbers or lowest dyno numbers of the day. Heck, even a set of M1 injectors would be alright!!![coffee]

Joe

Proram 04-11-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze (Post 1420023)

Offshoreracr comes 300 miles almost every trip.
(Comes from Pittsburg) 185 miles is nothing.
it's worth the drive, won't find a better group to hang with.

Scott

RATTLINRAM 04-12-2007 05:41 PM

239.91 miles for me and I've been there several times. It's well worth the ride and you would be hard pressed to find an event with nicer folks. Unfortunately I'm working the Graveyard shift that weekend and won't be able to make it. Maybe I can make the Fall event later this year.

Hammer 04-29-2007 12:05 PM

I have gone alot further for less of a show and do realize with costs rising some can not travel,but,I can assure you once you come once,you will be back.

Well Time draws near and its time for a small update.......

I have been to SGS and they are ready for us and look forward to our show.I have been reminded of a couple of things though by them.The dually owners are reminded that they need tod rop off their outside wheels to allow us to get them in and out more efficently.Stacks owners need tod rop their flex pipes if they can or allow us to slide the exhaust pipes over the top to have the exhaust exit the building as much as possible.Tools will be on hand to do this for both owners.

King Of The Hill Torque Shootout.....
This year I am doing something different for our Fall show and the Spring and Summer shows will be used to help it.It will be a torque shootout involving the winners from last years Fall Brawl show and the best trucks from our shows this year.I will take the Best Dodge,Ford,Chevy/GMC and the best 1st Generation truck(no matter what brand as outlined by the Fall Brawl rules)for this shootout from Spring Fling and the Summer Drag Race/Dyno Rip.They will all compete At this years Fall Brawl show for their chance at a special Throphy for this shootout.Owners already Qualified are as follows...

1st Generation-JD730 from the DTR
Modified-CTD8999 from the TDR
Competition-LMills from the TDR
Unlimited-Offshoreracr from the TDR

There will be a total of 12 owners who will be eligible for this shootout later this year,those listed above and the 4 each from the other shows.Torque is being used because it can be made by all owners if their tune is sound.This will be done during your normal dyno runs and yes you still have to pay for them.If the torque is flatlined we will figure it by hand and in case of a tie it will be broken by using HP.If this goes well this year I would like to include it permantly.If you have any idea of suggestions feel free to pm me here or email me direct at this address.... MDTDCTDR@gmail.com.

Rumors,Myths and Urban Legends???????....
-Rumors have it that Ernie will be around and that he wants to do a Cummins conversion Ford truck so can beat up on Lloyd and Greg.I am guesssing that Kia may have to hide his common rail conversion so he doesn't give Ernie any bad ideas then,LOl.

-It has been noted already that Lloyd has been out testing to keep Greg inline and that Greg is readying a new bullet to teach Lloyd a lesson on Powerstrokes.This writer thinks we all better bring our tennis shoes as someone will need pushed out of the garage again this spring.BTW Greg,the leafblower police will be on hand so you do not harm it this year.

-Rumors have a big HP Ford out of the Hanover area showing up to educate us all.When I attempted to track down this owner I ended up in a sobriety checkpoint and once released he was never found.I am convinced that othert than Greg's truck a High HP Ford is like a urban legend..Always heard about,but,never seen near a pulling track or a dyno event.

-Urban Legends??...
It has been told to me that a already noted and seen by many 700hp+ Duramax will be on hand Saturday for us all to see in action.It would be nice to see one(a Duramax) in person and if he lays down what he did down south he may just give Dougie and Fred heartburn.Anyone have the safety straps for Dougs cylinder head if this happens as we all know what he did when he tried to run around Fred last fall?.

-Another Ford Urban Legend??...
There is supposed to be a killer 6.0 out of Virginia who has laid plans to destroying all who pull with the local pulling association in the street class.Seen last week at Tappahanock,VA it had some sweet looking headers and a big turbo to beat up on the two other mild Dodges which were in attendence.He has been asked to come up for the show,as have all who pull with this group,but I am figuring he will be a no show out of fear.BTW,this same association has Sled Pullers old ride in it since it was sold again,who knows maybe we will find it slip in?....

Time also to post your food thoughts gang so we can tally up if we need anything.See You all soon.......Andy

PS...
Nice to see your still hanging around Scott,are you going to slip in for a day to play?.You are welcome to come as I told Fred last year.