Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Spring event in the N. C. area? 2/3 April 2005

Old 04-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed seeing all the trucks. I didn't spend much time with you guys or talk to many of you but none the less it was a good time. I was in depression all day because of the drag strip closing for the day. I worked on the car for today and the other track cancelled this morning. what a weekend.
some awesome numbers you guys make. I may just have to bomb this truck after all.

see some of you at rockingham I hope.

thanks again.

Ron
Old 04-03-2005, 05:55 PM

Again, thanks to all the vendors that John P mentioned for the gifts. It was nice going to an event and taking something home. I especially like my neat little TST pocket knife. I think for the future we should make up some t-shirts or pins that say something to do with "I went for a ride with a Porterfield". Thanks to John and Chirs for the organization and another thanks to Wayne for letting us airate his yard. I still think the tube that Wayne used for the exhaust had som restriction, I figured I lost 2 horsepower. Oh well at least this time there wasn't a wall covered in soot and my clothes were not stained. It was nice seeing everyone again. Until next time..........

John P, Hopefully it is nice on the 16th in Rockingham so I can run my new horsepower and torque down the drag strip. I know last year the crowd loved seeing the big ol smoking trucks run the strip.

Thom
Old 04-03-2005, 07:15 PM

Thumbs up

It was nice seeing everyone again ... we had a great time.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:51 PM

For all,

Thanks everyone for welcoming me back "Home". It feels wonderful not wearing a flak jacket and helmet everywhere we go.

John _P,
A GREAT BIG THANKS for all the Leg work. This wouldn't of been as much of a success without the giveaway from all the vendors.

Wayne, a big Thanks for letting a bunch of Diesel Heads hang out and spin the dyno.

A big Hugg to Chris for making my truck run stronger than his strong running STOCK Truck. Even though the weather didn't agree, this event turned out some great numbers on the dyno. I just wish we could have raced, with all the added power I really want to get out to the drag track. With a little work, this fall's event will have a lot more trucks.....

P.s.... Still working on Chris, to get into the 500 HP range!
Once again
THANKS FOR THE GREAT WELCOME HOME EVENT

Leigh
Old 04-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I hated that I missed this event as I wanted to give Leigh a big welcome home hug We really appreciate your dedication and service in Iraq. My wife has been ill the last couple of weeks so I didn't dare leave the home front.

I will just have to meet up with everybody this summer, Glad you all had a great time!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:43 PM

Hello
I just want to echo ever thing John_P and my wife said in earlier posts.
I want to thank everyone who came to the event.

I know that I had a good ole time.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the next event.

Where can I find info on the Rockyham event?

Thanks again
SEE YA
CHRIS
I sent a great big thanks to John_P for all the work he put into this event.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:50 PM

Chris, click on the date:
April 16th

Thom
Old 04-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
My thanks to all of you for the nice comments!

Lary, we missed you and Jack again! Maybe next time you guys can make it
down.

----------
Thom and Chris:

I am looking forward to the rally @ Rockingham on the 16th. Thom I will call you
so we can plan the ride down. Chris are you and Leigh planning on going??
---------
John_P
Old 04-05-2005, 08:06 PM

John
Yes we are planning on making this a detour on our way to Fl.
Thom
Thanks for the web site. Will let Diesels run?

I am going to work a 1/2 day and drive till I feel like stopping and drive the rest of the way on Sat morning.
See Ya
Chris
Old 04-05-2005, 09:20 PM

It was great to see everyone again and I had a great time even though I had to leave really early . I hated to run and leave!! Hopefully everyone will make it to Mopars at the Rock.

John
Old 04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was good to see everyone again. Other than going fishing out of Hatteras this weekend, I'll be swamped at work now until the enf of May (80 hours a week) so that puts a damper on social life for a while. Hope to set a date soon for the Claremont event. Hope to see you there.

Joel
Old 04-11-2005, 07:48 PM

JOHNFITZ

was glad to see a good turn out for such a wet day but glad to see all us DEISEL-HEADS went home smelling like sootttt. THANKS JOHN P for the gifts .
Old 04-14-2005, 09:58 PM

Well JohnP came by tonight and give me a big "what for you haven't been to the DTR site"
But really I have been super busy with shop and family. Some of you know that my mother in law died Easter weekend and Becky{my wife} has needed alot of my time.
I enjoy having all you "Diesel Heads" here at ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes the exhaust tube worked out real good{don't know about that 2hp Tom} this time, none of Tim's soot to clean up
I look forward to the next meet and so does the crew. We all talk about the trucks that you all have.
Tim, I'm going to get you a pry bar to hit me with so I'll remember to turn the switches off

Good luck to all that are going to Rockingham. Those SRT10's don't need to talk any smack or they may get spanked!!!

Again Thanks to all that put it together and all that came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Jess the yard looks great after the pallet trick