Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Railroading

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Railroading

Just an FYI for a few railroaders on here. In case anybody is within range, I plan on taking Chrissy to this open house. They feature a PMRR 2-8-4 Berkshire. 1 of 2 PMRR loco's left, both Berks, only 1 operating.

http://www.mstrp.com/
Old 06-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You do have a camera right? LOTS of pictures, be sure to take LOTS of pictures!

If you get a chance, Id like to see the event if you can post some photos.

Thanks
Rich.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:20 PM

Yeah, I'll try to get them devloped on disk. I don't know about posting from work here, maybe I can send you some. They are going to do an excursion in Aug. I may try the short trip they offer in Cadillac.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Chapter President

Hey Don, What day are you going to the open house? Maybe I could meet you there. I like trains and do have this weekend off. My brother is a big rail fan I am suprized he has not said anything about this.

Paul
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 AM

Paul, sorry about missing you, I'd like to go again though. I think the Brekshire is suppose to make a Cadillac run in August, I'll check and send you a link. It might be a good time to check out the train, then hit the cabin for a beer and brat. You trout fish?

Got up early Saturday, got my stuff around and tried waking Chris up. She kicked me away a couple times. "Hey, didn't you want to ride the choo choo today?" She knodded, sat up and jumped out of bed. Got her dressed and loaded, off we go. Stopped in Edmore for gas, coffee, choclate milk and some choclate donuts. Breakfast of champions! And gas was $1.86!

Stopped and picked up grandma in Ovid and took a potty break. Got to Owosso at 10 and met the folks at the gate. They had the Berkshire fired up and were giving tours through the cab. We got to watch them feed the fire, and they blew the whistle periodically. Then we went into the ANN Arbor RR frighthouse converted into the new museum. I got Chris a pink engineers hat, neckerchief and train whistle. We went to the back where they had 3 trains running on their O-scale layout. Including a replica of the PM Berkshire. After our fill of the models, we came back up front to look at the old photos and relics while Chris danced in front of the two guys playing old railroading songs on guitar and drum.

Next we walked back to the operating turn table and took a ride, checked out some of the rolling stock on display (real nice Detroit and Mackinaw heavyweight pullman getting ready for renevation), then went through the passenger cars they had set up as a rolling museum. By now Chris was more than ready to ride the train. They had been running an 0-4-0 switcher and caboose to the end of the yard, at the turn table, and back to the museum. We hopped in the caboose and road back up front to head for home.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Redleg
Yeah, I'll try to get them devloped on disk. I don't know about posting from work here, maybe I can send you some. They are going to do an excursion in Aug. I may try the short trip they offer in Cadillac.
Absolutely!
When you get the photos, let me know. I'll provide you an email address to send them to.

Thanks
Rich.