Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AggieJustin
I thought I already had the nerd award secured because I brought my laptop to every meet, but I think RowJ is trying to give me a run for my money with his new laptop.
I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys ever have meets near Dallas? #8 looked like the North Texas chapter.

If this post is in the wrong place feel free to move it.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Chapter President

Their meets are usually around McKinney and Sedailia, so yeah, your in the right one.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by leper
Do you guys ever have meets near Dallas? #8 looked like the North Texas chapter.

If this post is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Their meets are usually around McKinney and Sedailia, so yeah, your in the right one.

Yep this is the right place. Just watch this thread until we figure out what we are doing! Our collective minds change as fast and as often as the wind direction though..

I know we are all pretty much planning to go to DHRA Nationals in Baytown, TX mid-October. Not sure what we will be doing in between yet.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Chapter President

And I'm trying to convince myself to drive that far.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
BBA

I will be there in october....heck im just ready to get this new quad race box on my truck in a day or two.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM

So what is around the Killeen, Waco, Temple area? But I dont mind the drive. Going to join you all when I return to Texas if you'll have me.

Dan
Old 09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Chapter President

Dan, we'll be glad to have you.

We used to meet in Waco once a month, but it got to where most of the participants were from around here, so we moved it north.

Keep in touch and let us know when you will be home.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Great another Dan.....

Dont let them shave your head and put tools in your hand, and try to make you cook.....i sware...they will try! HAHA.....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Man quiet thread here lately!! Got some work done on the ol yota trail truck this weekend!! Ready to have the ol girl back on the road again!! Thinking its time for a square front drive shaft as well! long spline is just not cutting it anymore!! Either that or bump stops and limiting straps are in order!!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Man quiet thread here lately!! Got some work done on the ol yota trail truck this weekend!! Ready to have the ol girl back on the road again!! Thinking its time for a square front drive shaft as well! long spline is just not cutting it anymore!! Either that or bump stops and limiting straps are in order!!
Nick just did that one....BUT vibrated the ba-jezus out of us when we rode with him...couldnt go over 15 MPH.....Im telling ya...you need to call him and see his ride...AND him with 'Yoda Talk you need! UMMMM....Yes!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM

I've been in a couple with square shafts that were shimmed right (either thin thin steel or weld ground down) and they were fine to about 40-50mph... Dont need the front shaft spinning at those speeds anyways! I'm keeping the rear stock shaft in a and balanced for road/hwy use...

Need to get his email again... but ready to start playin again now that the temps should be dropping!
If his ride is too nice I may be embarrassed of mine ... had to build the flatbed one cause I wanted one and 2 the bed had a good amount of that red flaky stuff on it!! Cab is in very good rust free shape though!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
I've been in a couple with square shafts that were shimmed right (either thin thin steel or weld ground down) and they were fine to about 40-50mph... Dont need the front shaft spinning at those speeds anyways! I'm keeping the rear stock shaft in a and balanced for road/hwy use...

Need to get his email again... but ready to start playin again now that the temps should be dropping!
If his ride is too nice I may be embarrassed of mine ... had to build the flatbed one cause I wanted one and 2 the bed had a good amount of that red flaky stuff on it!! Cab is in very good rust free shape though!
haha...it aint no Cady....Ill shoot ya his e-mail and number again....
Attached Thumbnails North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet-nick-runner-side.jpg   North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet-nick-runner-fnt2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM

I love it!! bigger tires than mine I'm sure! Never had an issue with mine though so cant complain!! Little truck will go anywhere!!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM

Back loaded down with somethin?? Front looks a bit higher And if those are bilsteins peeking out under the fender well I'm jealous!

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet