Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR#8 May GTG

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless Fulmer is there, my money is on RJ.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crobtex
It looks like the May GTG will be at the Ardmore Raceway on the weekend of May 19th. We will camp out at the track on Friday night and probably go back to Sadelia sometime Saturday.
I know Sedalia is a well kept secret... but you'd think someone living there would know how to spell it.

One point not mentioned regarding Ardmore Raceway... Fees
- Car & Driver - $20.00 (if using the track)
- Spectators - $5.00 @ head (no vehicle or parking charge)
Real country racing...like Dan said. You can stand within 10' of the launching area (behind the fence, of course), or right up close anywhere along the track.... or sit in covered bleechers. No off limits pit area, per say, so you can wander anywhere.... and no hugh crowds or big waits to run the track!
They have the old style Staging 'tree' (slower decending lights) which I think is easier and more fun.
Racing slips print out all official NHRA info.... Reaction Time, 60', 1/8 mile ET & Speed, 1/4 mile ET & Speed.

RJ

RJ
Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 PM

Charlie or Fade......TOrnado south of Piolt Point right now........BUT im sure you guys know......

EDIT: Nevermind...good thing im not in charge of tornado sirens! My info is 50 Mins old! BUT seriously....looks bad down there.....
Old 04-24-2007, 03:29 PM

We have hail in McKinney moving towards my house in Melissa. I'm out of here in 3 minutes. Raining like crazy right now.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM

Guys if you dont hear from me... I was killed laying across my hood in an attempt to proctect it from Hail Damage!!! Getting bad here
Old 04-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Chapter President

Only had high wind and rain here in Richardson. Being cautious, I had Ole' Red parked under the local car wash.

I don't know about The Ranch, but radar showed some really bad stuff there, or near there. I'm afraid Mike's shop might have taken a pretty hard hit.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Well took me bout an hour to get to class.. Did I mention I live less than a mile away?? Roads flooded, tried a different route and ended up at another high water area.. two cars in it with people police just arrived. I asked if they needed any help. One cop jumped in my bed and I drove to the cars (water up to the door handles) and they climbed out of the windows and into my bed. One lady and her teenage daughter and some older guy... Was kind of fun!!

Later got to an intersection were three cars were blocking traffic. One car got out to help and locked his keys in the car! The other couldn't figure out how to get the auto trans into neutral to push it off the road.. I did it and helped push two of the cars off of the road...

Had a couple more high water crossings (obviously standing not running) before I could get to class... Water over my tires completely.

Of course now I have a squeaky belt that goes away when I spray it with a hose... Hopefully its good in the morning!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Chapter President

So I guess we have a high water hero in our midsts.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
So I guess we have a high water hero in our midsts.
Always wondered about those water forging threads!! Now I know...

Front end has been deeper jump starting boats back home...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

Wow. That's some nasty weather. I hope we get some of it down here. I'm dying for a nasty storm. Yall be safe up there.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Chapter President

Some people never learn. Glad you were there to help.

Another Kodak moment! Was there any news cams around?

Be sure nothing underneath leaked............

Originally Posted by bnold
Well took me bout an hour to get to class.. Did I mention I live less than a mile away?? Roads flooded, tried a different route and ended up at another high water area.. two cars in it with people police just arrived. I asked if they needed any help. One cop jumped in my bed and I drove to the cars (water up to the door handles) and they climbed out of the windows and into my bed. One lady and her teenage daughter and some older guy... Was kind of fun!!

Later got to an intersection were three cars were blocking traffic. One car got out to help and locked his keys in the car! The other couldn't figure out how to get the auto trans into neutral to push it off the road.. I did it and helped push two of the cars off of the road...

Had a couple more high water crossings (obviously standing not running) before I could get to class... Water over my tires completely.

Of course now I have a squeaky belt that goes away when I spray it with a hose... Hopefully its good in the morning!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Wow. That's some nasty weather. I hope we get some of it down here. I'm dying for a nasty storm. Yall be safe up there.
If you got the rain in Richmond that we got here, your folks barn would have a few feet of water in it. Pretty bad!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Chapter President

BrIan,
It looks like you have some more rough stuff coming your way. Blankets or bed comforters will help protect against hail.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Question for my fellow NDTR folks

I'm only asking here because I know you will all read it.
It became obvious in the rain, that I need some sort of box around my BHAF to keep as much water off it as possible. I have seen the boxes to isolate the heat from the turbo. Will that same thing work to help keep it dry?
I have the template for it but I don't have the equipment to make it. Do any of you have a brake to bend metal to make one?

Whoa....Vicodin kicked in g0od about 30 minutes agao...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Chapter President

Good grief, it's getting bad out in the DFW area, hope ya'll are alright.

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR#8 May GTG