Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   Nipawin sask mud bog (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/nipawin-sask-mud-bog-48436/)

dodgeram 07-31-2004 06:30 PM

Nipawin sask mud bog

look what I foundhere

"NIPAWIN, SASKATCHEWAN
Nipawin Saskatchewan is haveing a mud fling on SEPT 11, 12 2004 are racing times are as follows on Saturday sept 11 racing is at 3:00pm and on Sunday sept 12 racing starts at 1:00pm. Registration deadline is 2:00 pm on Saturday sept 11.Entry fee is $40.00 a class and powderpuff class is $25.00. We will be haveing loads of many things going on and we are also trying new things this year to try and actract more people and plz the crowd a little more. We sure hope u guys can make it as u are always welcome here in Nipawin, Saskatchewan. If u need to contact me u can contact me at 1-306-862-9327 or email me at canadianangel@sasktel.net "

and here

"Nipawin mud drags will be holding our annuall event on September11/12 04 1km North Of Nipawin on the Regional park road.We would like to invite all trucks to come and compete for 3000.00 plus dollars depending on enteries With extra tow money To Super Mods And Pro Mods EG.Alchol,Nitrous,Blower ,over 600 Horespower etc. And long distance travelers.

This is an open event, and all who come will be welcome, free camping on location. $40 fee for racing for the 2 days. Head to head event, with multiple grudge matchs after offical races. "

anybod else from sask gonna go ......... I think I might check it out since I'm off work then :)

I can get stuck with the best of em ;)

Scotty 08-01-2004 12:11 AM

I think I should check this out and sink WLD RYD.

:D

dodgeram 08-01-2004 12:35 AM

sent an e-mail out to make sure it's a go ........ got a reply

"Hello Derek

Hi my name is Carla Davis and iam in charge of the Nipawin mud Drags
association. And i am writing u back to let you know that there is camping
facilities right at our mud bog sight and also we supply the fire wood as
well. yes i suggest it is a good thing to bring your atv
and also i have
some posters and i will send u one by email i just have to go to someone who
has a scanner for me and send it to me and i will forsure email u as soon as
i get some. It would be great if u could put some posters up for us. Our mud
fling is september 11,12, 2004.And there will be 24 hour security at all
times on the premises as well
so just let everyone know that. Thanks for
contacting me and wanting more information i sure hope to see you and may
others come to our fun filled mud bog action event!!!!!!!!!

Carla Davis"

Push Rod 08-04-2004 08:55 AM

[laugh] Guess since I live here, I should actually make it to these drags some day. [laugh]

I understand last years event was pretty rockin, with quite a few open class nitro burning mud boggers coming in from all over western Canuckville and the northern US.

I'm thinking it might be a good time to bury a diesel pick 'em up truck. So I'll be there for at least one day of it.

Rod

dodgeram 08-05-2004 10:20 PM

Guess we'll be in 'A' class eh (4 & 6 cylinder class) bring on them toyota's and jeeps :)

Push Rod 08-06-2004 07:48 AM

Originally posted by dodgeram
Guess we'll be in 'A' class eh (4 & 6 cylinder class) bring on them toyota's and jeeps :)
'Eh' class would be much better [laugh]

So any of our Alberta and northern US pals gonna make it up here?

Rod

Scotty 08-06-2004 11:02 AM

Never seen much for postings from the Alberta folks on the Sask Threads.

Perhaps theres a challenge in order?

:cool: [whistle] :p

Homestead 08-06-2004 09:19 PM

[coffee]

Push Rod 08-10-2004 09:35 AM

Originally posted by Scotty
Never seen much for postings from the Alberta folks on the Sask Threads.

Perhaps theres a challenge in order?

I think they're skeered of us :(

Rod

Scotty 08-10-2004 05:24 PM

Can ya blame them after Calgary?

[laugh] [whistle]

Now this would be a great place for Red Deer Boy and Mr. I have 900 HP Dmax to come and wreck, I mean test their trucks.
:p

Push Rod 08-10-2004 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Scotty
Can ya blame them after Calgary?

Bah, the only trucks broke were our own. And that Ferd, I guess.

But I'd better not yap too loud until I get some tires. Somehow I don't think the slicks I have on my truck will be of much use in the mud.

Rod

dodgeram 08-10-2004 11:34 PM

I might be able to borrow a set of 33" swamper boggers for the weekend .............. so i should be set for tires :)

anybody got any tips for a 3rd gear launch ............ I just can't seem to pull it off

dodgeram 08-11-2004 12:44 AM

more event info

" our pits are roughly are from
200- 250 feet in length and very from 12 inches to 20 inches in mud. we start with stock and then modified stock, modified, and super modified and also we have a powder puff class and if u have any other questions please feel free to ask and i sure hope to see u guys make it would be a pleasure having you guys!!!!!!"

also just cause most of you other Sask and Alberta memembers have brains in your head and don't wanna thrash your truck through a mud hole doesn't mean you couldn't come out and watch and maybe we all could get together nearby for some coffe and such :)

also deer season starts on monday (13th), you hunters may wanna bring a gun there's quite a few whitetails in them parts...................

Homestead 08-11-2004 01:15 AM

We live in Communist, I mean Canada......

We are not allowed to have guns, it's the law.

I registered mine..........[whistle]

What was wrong with the last Calgary meet? We all made over 400 hp and some of the trucks even had new air filters!!!

I am trying to get that weekend off and head out there for the show. Need to put some miles on the new pump!! :D

Push Rod 08-13-2004 08:35 AM

Originally posted by dodgeram
also deer season starts on monday (13th), you hunters may wanna bring a gun there's quite a few whitetails in them parts...................
Heck ya. Bring lots of rifles. When I was cutting hay a couple days back, the scurvy devils were eatin' it as it popped out the back of the conditioner.

Just don't shoot any of the black or red deer that go "Mooooooo", please.

Rod