Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

NC Chapter members

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Matt who??? Ohhh, they guy who isn't coming unless he gets a deer!! My neighbor shot a few, what if I give Matt one of his??
Perhaps.... Plus, he said he could make it on Sunday. No hunting so everyone can watch NASCAR
Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by banshee
Perhaps.... Plus, he said he could make it on Sunday. No hunting so everyone can watch NASCAR
Drag Racing for me, my neck hurts after too many wrong handed turns in a row!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by banshee
Plus, I can run Matt again....
Wouldn't you want to run someone who can give you some competition?...... Actually last time I was surprised I could still see you....I expected a black blur. I think you forgot the nitrous or missed a shift or something. Of course it was my best run of the night......not that it was even close though mind you......

Matt who??? Ohhh, they guy who isn't coming unless he gets a deer!! My neighbor shot a few, what if I give Matt one of his??
Got plenty of does so far. Passed up several mature Bucks. Still looking for CECIL!

I'm in for a Sunday if the Saturday thing doesn't work out.

Papa Smurf, hate to hear about your back. Hope the surgery takes care of what it is supposed to and we see you out bright eyed and bushy tailed soon enough! Glad you are getting it taken care of. Sprained backs are no fun at all, I can't imagine if you are having chronic pain how invasive in your life that would be. Take care now, Matt
Old 11-01-2006, 02:27 PM

Tom wheeler set up the DTW event two years ago. We dynoed on Sat and drag raced on Sunday. I beleive there was a DHRA event the night before, so they cut us a deal to use the track on Sunday because they knew they would just be there cleaning it on sunday anyhow. Also, the next year when we were thinking about doing it again, they upped the price and said that the 300 was a fluke and the person who gave us that deal was no longer there. But as I recall, it was 400 then. That was last year. I'm not sure about the insurance. I know we didn't have to pay it. Of course, that was then, this is now.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag

Got plenty of does so far. Passed up several mature Bucks. Still looking for CECIL!

What is CECIL??
Old 11-01-2006, 02:48 PM

What is CECIL??
Isn't that your nickname.........hee hee hee, only kidding. It just a general nickname for big bucks we have at our place. You ever seen a Cecil that was a small dude? I haven't. We actually have a few other's buck's named: Schlitz (the tall boy), Blade (long bladed tines) , etc.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Hey everybody, I am a little late getting in on this thread! Been out of state and just got back early this morning. Mike D. called and gave me a "heads-up" on the November 12th GTG. It sounds good to me and I will be there.

As Johnner already pointed out, that "track rental rate" will not go any lower.
And the Sunday "test and tunes" usually aren't real crowded but watch me say that and then have a hundred vehicles show up!

One of the track officials already told me (in a nice way) that I was REAL close to being banned from the 1/4 mile track IF I hit 11.99! Frankly,......I don't mind being "banned" for that! He did say that if I hit 11.99 that I could still make runs on the 1/8 mile track. Once you hit that 11.99 mark you can't run again until you install and the track officials make a thorough INSPECTION of the roll bar/roll cage. So,.......I guess Tim and myself could be "banned" on the 12th! Tim,......maybe we we can go out together!

Chris Dubie, sorry to hear about your back problems buddy! You need to start taking it easier. Let me know if there is anything you need.

Anyway, looking forward to this event. Thanks for posting Mike and also thanks for the phone call.

--------
John_P
Old 11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

If its going to be on sunday, I don't think we will see some of the VA members

CRIS
Old 11-01-2006, 08:28 PM

Hello
Thanks for all the well wishes. I wished this was just a sprained back. I go under the knife on the 8th of Nov to get a compressed disc replaced and to get bone spurs removed. I have been using a lot of pain pills and many more Coors Lites to get me through this, finally I hope to be fixed on the 8th.

The lifting I was talking about is when I was up north getting a close friend of mines output shaft replaced with a billet one. Thanks tho.

Don't count me out yet, depending on how I feel I may just bring the dually out to the race track, I kinda hate to say it but it has the smoothest ride.
I will keep a eye on this thread until the 6th after that I have to stop drinking and taking some of my pills. With that said I am guessing I will be about as much fun to be around as a ****** off bumble bee.

See Ya
Chris
Yes that is spelled Chris
Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 PM

I will be there running the car as long as nothing goes wrong this sunday. I really want to run the 1/4. I am going to plead with them one more time to let me run the full 1/4. If not, I guess I need to make a road trip. Still trying to get some tuning done so I am ready for next season since I got it going late in the year.

Looking forward to seeing you guys run the trucks.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:31 AM

Has anyone heard from the HEMI boys?? JP, Charles said he is gonna come down and tear you up buddy-he has done tons of mods!!

Not really but it sounded good!!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Banned

I'd love to be there but my block has sprung a leak!!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 AM

Catch a ride with Mike D, I believe that you are in the Winston Salem area right??
Old 11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Phil:

No, I haven't heard from the "N.C. HEMI Crew" but plan to post a thread over on their website and invite them down. They are a great group of guys too.

--------
John_P
Old 11-03-2006, 08:46 AM

I put something in the mail for you today-What is the address of the track? I have been asked by some guys.

Different topic, IP's. the 887 and the 913 are the "good" ones right? Where is that number. Which one is on my 98?

Quick Reply: NC Chapter members