Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

NC Chapter members

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike

I just talked to Keegan and he told me that 2 years ago they paid $300.00 to rent the track for the day.

With a grill and some food this will make for a great event

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM
DTR Advertiser

Cris, I will see if I can get your injectors back next week early. If my other half oks it I will make it with a couple of guys from VA. I would rather do it on a Saturday the 11th. Even if we have to pay extra for the track rental. Tim
Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

Tim

We are going to do everything we can do to get the track on Saturday.
I think that a diesel day would be the best, that would give us alot of time (runs) to dial in our trucks.

If theres anyone out there that wants to come please let me know, everyone is welcome Also bring your friends, the more people the cheaper its going to be for everyone.

THE SOOT IS GOING TO BE IN THE AIR

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

To everyone

I forgot to say that Keegan is going to make a video of the event. If you want to see your truck on film on the internet you don't want to miss this one

We will also have 2 trucks running faster then the track will allow(THEY MIGHT GET BANNED BUT THATS ALRIGHT) John_P and Tim Barber

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 07:22 PM

Hey guys, if it ends up only being a few folks and the Sunday option works better than renting the track for a Saturday then I can be in. Since there is no hunting in NC on Sunday, I could leave from the hunt camp which is in Eastern, NC and be there for a Sunday run. Saturday is out for me because that in the middle of the rut. It is just starting now and the next 2 weeks, any spare minute, I'll be in the woods. If it ends up being the Saturday deal, well, I wish y'all well and hope for some great times for all and I'll see you all in the Spring some time.

Have fun, Matt
Old 10-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

Matt

Its time for you to just go to the store and buy some meat You need to make it out there, whats one day without deer **** all over your body to be with friends. Its time for you to be a part of a great thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of the stand and into the seat of that truck and have some fun.

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
DTR Advertiser

Cris what is Coastal Plains rule on needing a cage? I dont think I need to worry about it yet. I thought the local tracks up here require one at 11.5 and I am no where near that. Tim
Old 10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

Tim

Its CRIS not Chris

The rules (NHRA) 11.49 for a cage, but Jacksonville's insurance company said that if you run a 11.99 you need a cage

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
DTR Advertiser

Sorry CRIS! I guess we will have to save our fastest runs for last, I figure I can squeeze another .1 out of mine. John P is really flirting with getting kicked off the track isnt he?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

Tim

Don't cut yourself short, I know you have it in that truck. We just have to see what works the best This might be the way to do it.

John_P He's got it for sure.

The CRIS is better because there are so many Chris' in our group.

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
Matt

Its time for you to just go to the store and buy some meat You need to make it out there, whats one day without deer **** all over your body to be with friends. Its time for you to be a part of a great thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of the stand and into the seat of that truck and have some fun.

CRIS

Sorry dude, there is only a 3-4 week period in the fall when the rut is on. I can't help it if there are 2 events within that period. I would like to come but the rut is the great trump card in my world. Fall in general is a tough time because there is so much going on now. I hate it because I really want to come. Like I said last post if it ends up being on a Sunday, I'll do my best to be there for that. From my understanding, deer hunting is the reason they moved their events to Sunday so I'm not the only one..........
Old 10-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Banned

Matt

The reason they moved it to sunday is because thursday and saturday were nights and it gets too cold so its sunday durning the day for the temps. Too cold, no grip! They don't care about people sitting in a tree looking for bambi to pop a cap in his butt!

CRIS
Old 10-31-2006, 08:45 PM

Hello All
I don't think I will be able to make it. I go in for surgery on my back the 8th of Nov. I am still feeling the effects of lifting things this past weekend.

I will be doped up pretty good yet and don't plan on leaving the yard. I will have perks and I will stock up on Coors lite, just so I don't get thirsty.

Hope you all have a good time
See Ya
Chris
Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 PM

Here's some work from when DTW rented the track. Fun to watch. This sounds like a great time if we can work it out.

Coastal Cruise Trailer

DVD Intro to Coastal Cruise
Old 10-31-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
Matt

The reason they moved it to sunday is because thursday and saturday were nights and it gets too cold so its sunday durning the day for the temps. Too cold, no grip! They don't care about people sitting in a tree looking for bambi to pop a cap in his butt!

CRIS
10-4 on the temps. Makes sense. I did hear it as a draw for the many of us hunters in Eastern NC though. May have been a false interpretation...... I dunno.....I want to believe though......

Quick Reply: NC Chapter members