Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MN TDR/DTR guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But she sill said you can go! Common Tom...you know you wanna......

Josh
Old 06-25-2004, 08:09 PM

I'll be there! It'll be nice to get my timing figured out. Don't think I'll be running the dyno, though... Hey Josh, is it all right if I bring a buddy with a non-diesel 78 Dodge 3/4 ton Dodge? He rebuilt a 400 last year, and is putting a 4 barrel edelbrock and intake on this weekend. He wants to see where he's at. He was the one who was talking with me and you at the tractor pull.

Tommy Boy, I'd listen to Josh if I were you, Tom Just give her the look right back, fight fire with fire, and come down. You KNOW you wanna dyno that thing. So what if you catch H*** when you get home.

Dang
Old 06-25-2004, 08:34 PM

I'll have to check with Aron who's bringing the dyno and Tim...but I doubt they will have a problem with it. It's kinda nice to put some other stuff on the dyno. I would guess Aron will probably want to get all the Diesels done first...then your buddy...but who knows.....

Josh
Old 06-27-2004, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by JoshPeters
But she sill said you can go! Common Tom...you know you wanna......

Josh
Yea, I wanna show up there, but you guys know what "THE LOOK" means..............
Old 07-02-2004, 09:37 AM

Were you able to get enough people committed to justify bringing in the dyno? I’m not sure if I can make it, but would love to get a “before” reading prior to installing the Banks Stinger system and brake I just ordered -- I need a little more pulling and a lot more stopping power while towing my travel trailer around the Colorado and Montana Mountains. I doubt it will arrive in time to get the “after” reading, but hopefully I’ll get another chance at a dyno later on.

Franklin
Old 07-02-2004, 06:28 PM

F.Flack....Bring the Banks stuff with. I'm sure there will be guys around that will be more than happy to help you put that all in. Then you could have a before and an after reading!

At this point, I belive we have enough people to justify bringing the Dyno. I'm going to touch base with Aron after this weekend and see what he has to say.

Josh
Old 07-07-2004, 08:56 PM

Back to the top one more time.

This event keeps getting bigger and better. A bunch of dyno runs, lots of drag and pulling videos, food on the grill, wrenches turning, and meeting some other CTD folks. Even though the response on here has been light, a big crowd is expected. I hope there are several guys that are planning to attend, but just haven't posted.

Make it if you can, it should be a great time!

Please let us know if you plan to take a spin on the rollers so we can get a head count.

Hope to see you there!

Andy
Old 07-07-2004, 09:01 PM

Thanks Andy....you beat me to the punch!

So far 15 trucks on the rollers........who wants some?!

Common you know you wanna......

Josh
Old 07-10-2004, 12:02 AM

Well, who else can't get any sleep because of the BOMBing tomarrow

Hey Josh, if you catch this before you leave tomorrow, wudduya think my odds are of being one of the first to use the timing tools? I have a hockey game that will force me to leave around 1:00. I plan on being there before the gates open. Hopefully people won't have to wipeas much drool off their trucks since I have to leave early

Can't wait to get there!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 12:26 AM

I have my timing tools...Tim has his...both will be at the shop. I plan on being there prior to 8.

Josh
Old 07-10-2004, 10:38 PM

Somebody tell me what went on........................
Old 07-11-2004, 11:24 AM

It was a great time! I had to leave early, I wish I could have stayed. While I was there, the biggest number was 1200 ft. lb of tourque, I don't know the name but it was a green 3/4 with stacks It sure filled the shop up with soot If I remember right, Josh put down 1,056 ft. lbs. He contributed to the clear air, also
Old 07-11-2004, 12:25 PM

Josh did a great job with this event and I am very happy that he let us be a part of it. There were some nice numbers layed down by some pretty impressive trucks. I saw some HP numbers over 400 and some torque numbers over 1100. There even was one twin turbo in attendance. Kevin (Silverram) let me take his truck for a ride (Edge Comp, DD2's, Gorend, etc.) What a Blast!!

At one point, I counted over 35 trucks there and everyone couldn't have been more friendly.

Thanks also to Torque Diesel Performance in Elk River for letting us hold the event at their shop. First class guys all the way!

Can't wait till the next one, whenever that may be.

One parking lot shot:
Old 07-11-2004, 04:14 PM

A great time was had by all! Aron struggled a little with the optical pick up to get proper torque readings, but all in all...a great time. One Ford ran, One Chevy ran, and the rest Dodges on Sat. Sunday, 2 Fords, one gas, one diesel, and one Dodge. The Gasser Ford broke a U-joint quite violently one his second try on a 1/4 mile run.....First gear, dump the clutch.....BANG! Sorry Crimedog...I wish I would have known you didn't get your timing set....I would have been more than happy to help ya out with that! Aron had his Twin Turbo truck there as well as Jim Layden. Jim Dynoed out at 427hp...I don't know the torque. Tim of Torque Diesel ran a 410, but was torquing the truck SO much he'd loose the optical pick up so no torque on that one.

Because I dropped the ball a little this time, I didn't get everyone's numbers so I can't post them right now. Aron said he would try and get them to me...when he does...I'll let you know!

In the works...Possibly a Dyno CHAIRITY event at Goerends in August(Aron)....A wrench day in Sept....possibly another Dyno day just before it gets cold. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the support guys!
Josh
Old 07-11-2004, 11:10 PM

That would be sweet to get something going down at Goerends. In fact, ya got my wheels turning. I know a guy that can get a deal on vinyl decals. Maybe we could print up some decals, with a not-so-cheesy saying and an MN DTR/TDR logo along with GB trannys. Just a thought, but I think it would be pretty nifty.

Quick Reply: MN TDR/DTR guys