Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MIDDLE TN MEET Sept. 8th

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MIDDLE TN MEET Sept. 8th

Alright guys I need to start getting a realisic number of people that are going to show for this meet. My idea is to have a relaxed meet that will be at my house. Wives/girlfiends/children are welcome. I figure if anyone wants to do some basic wrenching my garage and tools will be available. I will say that my knowledge is pretty confined to 1st gens. Plan on bringing $10 per adult and $5 for a child (if they are gonna eat more than a hotdog ) I've got a bunch of shade, big garage, and a big grill. As far as times I was thinking 11am-?? If you are planning on coming shoot me a PM with the number of people you are planning on bringing and I will send you some directions.
Mark
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 AM

bump... where is everyone?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
KVD

I'm still here.

Sounds good to me, it will probably be just me my girl have to work but sounds good.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Chapter President

I'll be there Mark, plus my three runts!! Might have to pay you $10 for my son, he eats like all the food will be gone tomorrow!!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Chapter President

Well, I remember Streetsmoker and Patrick talking about meets when they were the only ones there in the beginning. We have three, plus KVD's GF, my runts...that's a few!!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM

i might have another 2 or 3 1st gens coming... guys that i sold trucks to.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM

Hey guys!! I'm new to all of this, but might be able to attend. That is on Saturday the 8th right? I'd like to meet some of the local DTR members and try and hook-up and attend a few truck pulls. I'm trying to get my 19 year old son involved with diesel trucks. He is starting to enjoy the "You Tube" videos I'm looking at. He's really enjoying all the Cummin' vs PowerStroke videos, since I've owned 2 PS Fords in the past. I'll PM Micaiahfied for directions. If my son comes with me I'll bring $20. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:03 AM

hope he's able to come TNlonewolf he will get to see a mix of trucks. if my friends show there will be 4 1st gens, Shawn has a 2nd gen thought it's improperly valved, you and kvd both qualify as 3rd gens (right KVD?) so we'll have at least one from each era! i've gotta remeber to make another call to JSTRDiesel to see if he is coming. ok guys, where are the rest of you. it was AWESOME weather this evening... almost cool in the breeze! we've got room for more i just need a final head count so i can get enough food and drinks!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 AM
Chapter President

Your right about the weather Mark, it was amazing at around 7pm friday night. Had a hard time believing I was in Tennessee!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:31 PM

Ok guys we are getting closer. looks like we will have a few people turn out. This will be a nice relaxed meet. So far no requests for anything done to any trucks. I am still open to this and my garage will be available for use. I have a neat project that I just picked up this week. A friend's neighbor went into the military for basic training. While he's gone his dad wanted to spend a little money fixing up his 89 camaro. The car has been converted to carburated and mostly needs a good buff/wax and some wiring issues sorted out. My friend works at TN speed sport so he's gotten a few dress up items for the motor at cost. if anyone is interested in tinkering it is also at the house. It's cool to be doing some nice for someone serving our country, even if it's small i was glad to get involved.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
KVD

Where at and what time
Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Chapter President

TIME: 11am.....ish, PLACE: Springfield, Tn. I-24 west out of Nasville, exit 35, turn right. Drive until you reach the red light, gas station/store on oposite left corner, turn right. A few hundred yards down you'll come up on a 4 way stop. Turn Right. Turn at the second road on the Right and Marks place is at the end of the street. He also said you can follow the for sale signs and the little red arrows and it'll lead directly to his house.

Well, have to go to dump in the morning, mount two trailer tires, then install, have to try and start working on my wifes exploder(lower ball joints oh boy) and make it to the meet to relax. Sounds like an early morning!! Well see ya'll there!!

Shawn
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 PM

KVD-check your pm
Old 09-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Well it was a good meet today, small but good. more details will be posted in our chapter thread.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Hey man, I had a great time today.....wish I could have stayed longer. Good to meet you folks and the wife and baby Adam.......Also good the meet Shawn and his tribe..LOL.....Looking foward to the Turbo Day. Thanks again!
Robert