Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MD Chapter #33 never ending thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Maryland Chapter 33! Though I've had my truck a year now, I’m new to this forum and to Maryland. I recently posted my introduction elsewhere in the forum and a few of you replied & made me aware of this thread and asked me to join in. I emailed Scott my membership application and will be joining officially soon. I look forward to meeting you all and seeing your trucks and this cave I keep hearing about.

Here's the rest of my introduction you may have read in another thread:

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and wanted to introduce my truck and myself. Since my job takes me all over the country, I bought a 5th wheel trailer and this truck to pull it. Before long, the "Mopar Muscle Car" theme emerged. I guess this is what happens when you WANT a classic car but NEED a truck!

The graphics were influenced by the Rumble Bee, the 2004/2005 Ram GTX, 1970 'Cuda hockey stick stripe, and 1970 Super Bee logo. The hood of course is from the SRT-10 and the racing style fuel filler cap is like the one used on late 60s and early 70s Challenger and Charger.

I’m currently working in the Baltimore area and am planning some mods including an exhaust brake and gauges. If anyone can recommend shops in my area that do this, I’d appreciate it. Also, feel free to suggest other mods I can do that are consistent with the muscle car theme.
Attached Thumbnails MD Chapter #33 never ending thread.-dsidehood34.jpg   MD Chapter #33 never ending thread.-dside.jpg   MD Chapter #33 never ending thread.-cap2.gif   MD Chapter #33 never ending thread.-superctd3.jpg   MD Chapter #33 never ending thread.-tip1.gif  

Old 06-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Welcome to the group Boomerang.

I'm in for a wrenching day, I think I need to re-seat my right front spring from the last spacer installation, I think its the culprit(sp) of the poping noise. Always looking to learn more. Sunday would be better. Plus I need to bring my wheels down for Scott.

Bob
Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by boomerang
If anyone can recommend shops in my area that do this, I’d appreciate it. Also, feel free to suggest other mods I can do that are consistent with the muscle car theme.
That is what the chapter does best. We can install anything you can buy.

Let Scott know when you want to come down and work on your truck and there will be a whole bunch of us there to help...

P.S. We have exhaust brake and a lot of gauge experience.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 PM

waste gate (j hook)

do yall no any thing about a j hook and springs that deals with the turbo's wastgate my buddy told me about it u might have seen or know him he goes by bumblebee it would be nice to figure out what he was talking about
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bootsdodgejn
do yall no any thing about a j hook and springs that deals with the turbo's wastgate my buddy told me about it u might have seen or know him he goes by bumblebee it would be nice to figure out what he was talking about
It's just how it sounds, a "J" shaped hook (turnbuckle) that attaches to the wastegate.
Look Here:
http://www2.partstrain.com/partlisti...te+Gate+J-Hook (I'm not saying to get THIS one, it was just a good, up close picture).

If you are not adding any more fuel you really won't benefit much from the extra few pounds of boost. Your stock HY charger is rather inefficient up in the higher numbers anyhow (you should be seeing about 20-22 stock I believe.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bootsdodgejn
Where are you located? I see we have some of the same interests (RC cars and acting like a fool).
Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

Boots, that looks like Keene Dodge in the background of the pic of your truck, are you from Harford Co.?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 PM

boot we did a turnbuckle setup on Kieth's (seadrive) truck a couple months ago. and there isn't much we can't do or don't have the knowledge to do
Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Guys, sorry to be a pain but I have found that once a thread gets to a certain length, it takes up a bit more resources. Although the site and servers are fine, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to start a new one. Thank you.

Thread continues here: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=157546

Last edited by wannadiesel; 06-28-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: add link to new thread