Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Indy Jamboree?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on up. It's a blast. I don't know if you're allowed to bring your own beer. Being 17 I wasn't looking for it. And I don't remember if the other letters said that in the past. I've slept since then.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Out Back 4x4
Come on up. It's a blast. I don't know if you're allowed to bring your own beer. Being 17 I wasn't looking for it. And I don't remember if the other letters said that in the past. I've slept since then.
Well either way I am still going to pack my tool box accordingly. I usually take all the tools out of my tool box and stick the cooler in it on one side, then the rest of the room I put everything that doesn't need chilled then throw it in the bed. Honestly I have never seen them make anyone open anything like coolers or tool boxes, etc....
Are you still under 21 now? You said you've been going for like 4 years IIRC. I wouldn't recommend drinking to anyone under age. Excise runs around these shows well blended with the crowd. A few of the people in my group got tickets at Lima for it.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
O.K......been a Dodge guy for years, and been a diesel guy for awhile now.......what's the jamboree all about? Any link to a website explaining it all? What kind of vendors/exhibitions going on? Might come Fri afternoon or Sat? Be about a 100 mile trip for me. Don't wanna waste fuel to walk around looking at a bunch of guys in a parking lot drinking beer! LOL I am open for that too, but too much driving for me to start drinking! I drink close, CLOSE, to home! What all is going to be going on ?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:50 AM

Check out www.familyevents.com.

There is a rather large vendor midway. Over the past several years I have noticed more and more diesels, as well as a huge increase in diesel products on display. They have all kinds of events going on throughout the weekend, see the site for a schedule.

It is a lot of fun. There are so many awesome trucks to look at. Lots of free nick-nacks and giveaways too.

I'll post some pics below that will give a little detail. For directional navigations, I have orientated them so that the top of each pic is north.

The first one has a yellow line that shows the usual circle that everyone drives in a counter clockwise fashion. You can see it's pretty big. At peak hours it jams up from the northwest corner (participant entrance) all the way through the vendor midway and moves very slow, and can often take 2 hours or more just to make a complete loop. At the top of the pic you can see an orange line through a field, with a red box above the line. The orange line is the drive in/out of the registration area, and the red box is usually where the tents are set up to pick up credentials, as well as register your rig on site.

The second picture shows a red line which is where 99% of the vendors set up shop, along both sides the whole way down on pretty much both sides of that red line.

The third one shows the yellow line showing the path(s) most trucks take. The red box is where we rope off to park every year. Provided everything is unchanged and we're still on the north side of the track we'll be in that spot if anyone wants to stop and say hey. Just look for my rig. (with 06 alloys & toyo rubber now, not 20's)

I mentioned earlier that there was the possibility they would change it to the southside of the track where there is very little grass to park on. After looking it over on google earth, I still don't see how it would be feasible for the event considering how many trucks attend. IMO it would be way too cramped and cause massive confusion for many people that are used to the current setup. I am counting on it remaining the same. I could be wrong though.

Man I'm stoked just two more days!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Indy Jamboree?-overview1.jpg   Indy Jamboree?-overview2.jpg   Indy Jamboree?-overview3.jpg  
Old 09-19-2007, 05:12 PM

OH YEAH!!!!!! not that far away. I'm leaving Friday morning so I can pick up my check from work. Yeah I'm still under 21, I'm 17. I've just been going up with my dad every year. I took my '96 Red & White F-350 last year with 38" tires and huge front bumper. I can't wait for this year. Hopefully they have a Smarty vendor up there. I want one soooooooo bad. Need to sell my Bully Dog up there too!!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
This weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Advance tickets at O'Reilly Auto Parts.
when are you going? I may be able to go friday if you are gonna be there.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM

OH YEAH!!!!!! not that far away. I'm leaving Friday morning so I can pick up my check from work. Yeah I'm still under 21, I'm 17. I've just been going up with my dad every year. I took my '96 Red & White F-350 last year with 38" tires and huge front bumper. I can't wait for this year. Hopefully they have a Smarty vendor up there. I want one soooooooo bad. Need to sell my Bully Dog up there too!!
Yeah there was probably like 10 fords with 38's on them there last year, lol! IIRC I saw some smarty's there last year. TST has been setting up a small tent for the last few years as well. It's a good place to sell stuff you're trying to get rid of too.
Originally Posted by jwb600
when are you going? I may be able to go friday if you are gonna be there.
Jesse I will be up there all three days from open to close.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
Yeah there was probably like 10 fords with 38's on them there last year, lol! IIRC I saw some smarty's there last year. TST has been setting up a small tent for the last few years as well. It's a good place to sell stuff you're trying to get rid of too.
I'll look for both of them for sure. I still can't believe there's not that many people from this site going. Maybe we should suggest that 4 Wheel Parts can put on some truck pulls that'd be great. You goin to the party at 4 Wheel Parts Saturday night?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:05 PM

I'll look for both of them for sure. I still can't believe there's not that many people from this site going. Maybe we should suggest that 4 Wheel Parts can put on some truck pulls that'd be great. You goin to the party at 4 Wheel Parts Saturday night?
Yeah I'll be going to the party at 4wp. Free food, why not?! I am too surprised that there aren't many more going. I expected maybe 8-10 or something but man...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Where's everybody going to park at 4WP? Last time I was up there, my dad was pulling his gooseneck trailer and it took up almost their whole parkin lot
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Where's everybody going to park at 4WP? Last time I was up there, my dad was pulling his gooseneck trailer and it took up almost their whole parkin lot
Well if you have a big trailer and it is not necessary to park it in their lot then try to park it elsewhere. There are several businesses within walking distance. We usually park at Second Time Around furniture store, probably a couple hundred feet away.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:06 PM

I went and picked up my credentials this afternoon. Unfortunately I was wrong about the side they are using for the show. They are using the South Side, nothing but pavement, very few trees and many buildings blocking views. So far I think it is a joke. They should have just rented the parking lot at the airport and parked us there. It's going to be confusing to navigate the "lots" from what I can already tell. Roping off our area was a pain, as we had no way to put stakes into the ground. It's going to be 90+ all weekend, with the sun beating down on the pavement that surely isn't going to feel too nice. I hope they move it back next year, cuz this is sure to get negative reaction. I went to Lima earlier this year and I really think that Lima is the better of the two.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM

This appears to be the way they will be running the big circle now. The blue box indicates the approximate area we roped off to park in.
Attached Thumbnails Indy Jamboree?-overview4.jpg  
Old 09-20-2007, 10:15 PM

this sucks!!!! so much for cool grass and shade. i bet we won't be able to find a spot to park now. this is a very bad idea.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 PM

this sucks!!!! so much for cool grass and shade. i bet we won't be able to find a spot to park now. this is a very bad idea.
Yeah, we roped off a pretty decent sized area. Problem is that it's pretty darn easy to just move someone else's stuff out of the way and take their spot vs. in the grass where you can really hammer the stakes into the ground making them difficult to pull out. I don't think anyone will do that, but you never know. This is a whole different Jamboree. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes before we pass judgment on it. I did talk to my buddy who is coming with his CTD and he was not happy about the change. It could just be a one year experiment...I hope.

Quick Reply: Indy Jamboree?