Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

High Desert Diesel Roundup, LACR

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
High Desert Diesel Roundup, LACR

For those who do not know about it there will be a Sled Pull, DHRA drags, Show and Shine, Big Rigs for Kids Charity event, Evening Light Parade, BBQ, Exibition racing with some of the fastest Diesel vehicles in the country.
The High Desert Diesel Roundup and Sled pull will be held at Los Angeles County Raceway on Sept. 24th and 25th in Northern LA County. There will be a $3000.00 total purse and lots of trophies given away. Tons of vendors and a raffle. And lots and lots of DIESEL SMOKE. For more info. visit www.bigpowerdiesel.com
Old 09-04-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I'm going. I have a couple friends that are pulling and have convinced me to go as well. Just not sure where I'm gonna stay. A friend of mine is trying to decide if he's going to take his trailer or not. Diesel lady, You might know him. Tom C, drives an 02 silver CTD with a single six inch stack. He's a good friend of my husbands.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by dslchk_cowgirl
I know I'm going. I have a couple friends that are pulling and have convinced me to go as well. Just not sure where I'm gonna stay. A friend of mine is trying to decide if he's going to take his trailer or not. Diesel lady, You might know him. Tom C, drives an 02 silver CTD with a single six inch stack. He's a good friend of my husbands.
Hey, Great. I am glad you are coming. Gotta have more ladies driving trucks at our event. Yes I do know Tom C. Wild man Tom who is currently kicking butt in every Sled Pull he has attended. I know Chris and Ski too. Kind of come as a trio. Here is a link to the local hotels. http://www.hotellocators.com/cities/...dale/index.htm
Just in case you can't talk Tom into bringing his trailer. But if he does decide to tow it up here, try to make it Friday night. That way you get 2 nights for the price of one and I am sure there will be some partying going on friday night too.
IMPORTANT!!! The track is going to try to have the gates close by 8:00 P.M. on Friday night so try to be there by then. In reality they will probably be open at least an hour later but I would not chance it because if they get strict you may not get in untill 7:00 A.M. on Sat.
This is going to be one BLAST of a weekend. Cant wait to meet you and all the Diesel Fanatics we can Round Up. Betty
Old 09-04-2005, 11:57 PM

I know Chris won't be there, he got sent to Gulfport to help out. Not sure if Ski is coming or not. Another buddy of ours is planning on coming with this truck. I have to drop my daughter off Sat morning with her dad at Frazier Park so I can't make it until afterwards. I will let Tom know about the fri nite gate thing. I won't be pulling or racing in. My truck still needs a lot of help before it's close to being ready.

Originally Posted by DieselLady
Hey, Great. I am glad you are coming. Gotta have more ladies driving trucks at our event. Yes I do know Tom C. Wild man Tom who is currently kicking butt in every Sled Pull he has attended. I know Chris and Ski too. Kind of come as a trio. Betty
Old 09-05-2005, 12:37 AM

I understand, I have a 2wd and everyone keeps trying to get me to pull. I may give it a try this time but I have not allusions of winning. Tell ski to come on up. He could teach these guys a thing or two about burn outs. Ask him what that means and I bet he laughs. Bummer about Chris but I understand. What a terrible disaster we have to clean up there. If you talk to him, tell him I send my best and to be carefull. Well look me up when you get there. More later. Betty
Old 09-06-2005, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by DieselLady
I understand, I have a 2wd and everyone keeps trying to get me to pull. I may give it a try this time but I have not allusions of winning. Tell ski to come on up. He could teach these guys a thing or two about burn outs. Ask him what that means and I bet he laughs. Bummer about Chris but I understand. What a terrible disaster we have to clean up there. If you talk to him, tell him I send my best and to be carefull. Well look me up when you get there. More later. Betty
Come on Betty I will be pulling and so will a friend,and you never know you might win stranger things have happend!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:03 AM

Guess I better get myself a hitch! Betty