Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   Durham, NC Dyno day-Nov. 5th (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/durham-nc-dyno-day-nov-5th-81297/)

Mcmopar 11-04-2005 08:55 AM

Directions from I-40 near Durham to the shop-This is copied from Mapquest. Good luck and hope to see everyone soon.

1: Merge onto NC-147 N via EXIT 279B toward DURHAM / DOWNTOWN. 7.2 miles Map

2: Take the FAYETTEVILLE ST exit- EXIT 12A- toward NC CENTRAL UNIV. 0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto FAYETTEVILLE ST. 0.1 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto RAMSEUR ST. 0.1 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto S ELIZABETH ST. 0.1 miles Map

6: End at 113 S Elizabeth St
Durham, NC 27701-3764, US

PapaSmurf 11-04-2005 09:00 PM

Hello
I talked to John_P tonight we (4-6 trucks) will be leaving the coastal area in the morning around 0700.
Johnner and I both have directions. I just looked at the map and I figure we will be there by 0900/1000.

See Ya in the AM
Chris

jthorpe 11-04-2005 09:04 PM

Hey guys, I might take a stroll up that way tomorrow after I finish training and get off shift. How long do you think you guys will be up there? I should get done around Noon, and I would be coming from Apex.

dwinnett 11-06-2005 10:52 AM

Thanks for the invite, Phil. I think everyone had a good time. Some of those Hemi guys seem just a little shocked over the diesel power output. It may have been an expensive trip for Mr. Scott. When we first got there, he said he couldn't believe were increasing the power on their trucks that were still under warranty. On the way home he said, "Now I have to tell the wife I've got to get a box to get over 400HP." It wasn't supposed to be a fishing trip, but he's hooked. [coffee] Oh well. The Porterfield's have ignited the diesel frenzy in Jax, maybe I can do my little part in Nash county. Thanks again, Phil. Send a thanks to Shawn for all his work and the dyno guy (sorry, I never caught his name). And a big "hats off" to the scrawny kid strapping down the trucks. That kid was in perpetual motion keeping the trucks on the rollers and he did a whale of a job. A good time was had by all. Hopefully we can go back there again sometime. See ya'll next time.

David

John_P 11-06-2005 10:54 AM

I think I can speak for all of the DTR "Diesel Crew" that we had a GREAT TIME at this event! We even got to see our own CEO, Jack Thorpe, who came by with his "friend and colleague", Jonah to see us!! Jack, it was great to see and talk with you again! Thanks so much for coming by!

For anyone that is interested, I have posted all the dyno numbers over on dodgetruckworld (www.dodgetruckworld.com) in the "N.C. Chapter Area" under the title of "November 5 Durham Dyno Day." FWIW, Johnner (banshee)
had the highest H.P. of the diesels laying down 677 H.P./1171 TQ. with diesel plus a small shot of NOS. On #2 alone, he put down 590 H.P./1040 TQ. which is right where he was at the Scheid and Indy Rallies. He has actually gained twenty nine (29) H.P. by "tuning" the nitrous system. Congratulations again Johnner! ;)

I put down 540 H.P./939 TQ. with my 2002 Dodge CTD using Scheid's new "Lightning II" Injectors!" I want to thank Dan Scheid and "J.P." for allowing me to test these new injectors!! Thanks Dan and J.P.! FWIW, I ran two times, the first time with my "Super Mental" Injectors and put down 480 H.P./914 TQ. Then we ran the "Scheid Lightning II's" and gained sixty (60)
H.P. and twenty five (25) ft.lbs. of torque!! :eek: IMO, that is a darn good gain!!

--------
John_P

Don M 11-06-2005 11:38 AM

Big John,

Tell Little John to tweak the Nitrous a little more! Whatever he is doing seems to be working. [guitar]

Don~

banshee 11-06-2005 11:45 AM

I need more CP3 capacity Don... help!!! :)

Don M 11-06-2005 11:50 AM

That CP3 thing is coming along well.

Don~

RATTLINRAM 11-06-2005 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
I think I can speak for all of the DTR "Diesel Crew" that we had a GREAT TIME at this event!

Well,,,,,, I can see why you had to speak for at least one of the DTR "Diesel Crew"
Someone said that was his sixth hamburger! :o [laugh] :p
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...8PapaSmurf.jpg
“Anonymous Spy Picture”

We even got to see our own CEO, Jack Thorpe, who came by with his "friend and colleague", Jonah to see us!! Jack, it was great to see and talk with you again! Thanks so much for coming by!
John,
Are you sure it was Jack? Did you ask for his picture ID? I think the last time I seen him was when there were only about 150 members on this website. :rolleyes: [laugh]
Congratulations to the "Diesel Crew" for making a good showing. I wished I could have been there, but I've been working 16 hour days this weekend. I will be in Va Beach with Tim next weekend and hope to see some of y'all then.

jthorpe 11-06-2005 01:01 PM

Actually it wasn't me. It was Hoss. Oh wait, it could have been Mandy. I'm not really sure anymore! [laugh]

Seriously though, thanks for the post John. It was great to see all of you even if I could only be there for a little while. I at least got to stay for an hour or two instead of just 20-30 minutes. Jonah liked the socialization as well. :)

Mike D 11-07-2005 08:21 AM

I had a great time. :D It was good to meet the folks from DTW, nice bunch of folks.

Thanks to John P and his son for sharing their knowledge with me.

Also, it was good to finally meet Jack.

See everyone in VA Beach!

Mcmopar 11-07-2005 09:53 AM

Great time!! The porterfield clan never ceases to amaze me!! :eek: BIG NUMBERS !!! John and Johner-as always a pleasure, Mike good to see you, Nice to see everybody else. Jack and Joanah, my little boy is still talking about you two!! Thanks.

crawlinjp 11-07-2005 10:36 AM

It was great to meet some new people, and make some smoke. Thanks again to Johner for the chip help.

Kevin

John_P 11-07-2005 08:19 PM

I sincerely want to thank all of you for the nice comments! But you are giving Johnner and I too much credit. Like alot of you, we have gotten alot of the knowledge through the "school of hard knocks" as I know I discussed with several of you at the rally! :D I have made alot of mistakes with these diesels, but I will try hard to see that none of you make the same ones Johnner or I have; (i.e. fuel system upgrades on 98-02' 24 valves). Boy, we had a good discussion on that!!!
---------------
Dennis:

Your right, Chris did eazt alot!! But as you know, he has a good appetite! ;)

---------------
Don:

Your right, Johnner's "tweaks" seem to be working good! Your injectors helped those numbers though, so we have to "give credit where credit is due!"

---------------
YES, I PROMISE ALL OF YOU THAT JACK THORPE AND JONAH CAME BY TO SEE US AT THIS RALLY! Thanks again Jack!

--------
John_P