Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   dhra event at the rock (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/dhra-event-rock-71159/)

king d 06-24-2005 05:13 AM

dhra event at the rock

was contacted about the dhra evnt july 16th at the rock,any body thinking of going???

Goodys1ton 06-24-2005 08:23 PM

Sounds interesting, I may be going if my wife gets back in time. Are you taking down the "fast" truck?

king d 06-25-2005 03:59 AM

depends on how this weekend turns out,buck took it to indy for the prostreet race..by the way i got a call thursday thom and you should be getting that va back any day....

DavidTD 06-29-2005 02:38 PM

So anybody going?

king d 06-30-2005 04:38 AM

david as of now from our area,1-2 dmaxes 1 dodge and 2 psds,also know of a guy from the charlotte area trying to line up somediesels to show up.any chance of you coming down?

DavidTD 06-30-2005 06:55 AM

Originally posted by king d
david as of now from our area,1-2 dmaxes 1 dodge and 2 psds,also know of a guy from the charlotte area trying to line up somediesels to show up.any chance of you coming down?
Jess, Ed called yesterday and asked if I would bring the dyno. I am not sure there will be enough interest to justify bringing it over. Your thoughts?

king d 06-30-2005 05:39 PM

i think he just got a local line up on the dyno david,but you should come down and braket,eds got a decent purse lined up for both bracket and the quick 8

John_P 06-30-2005 06:26 PM

Jess:

Johnner and I will try to make this also. I will give Chris and Leigh a call to see if they can make it too.

Thanks!

---------
John_P

king d 06-30-2005 06:32 PM

hope you make it im gonna pm tim as well

DavidTD 06-30-2005 07:11 PM

I'm glad he got the local guy. :cool:

If I can swing it, I am still gonna show, no dyno, just a slow truck. :p

king d 07-01-2005 05:24 AM

hope to see you there,llasso jeff and bring him to we need some quick 8 trucks as well,

king d 07-01-2005 01:26 PM

more news .dhra bracket will pay out 500 for winner and diesel quick 8 will pay out 1000 for first place and pay top 4 spots

PapaSmurf 07-01-2005 03:06 PM

Hello
We are planning on going down to the ROCK for the event. I will talk to some of the folks I work with and see if I can get them to run down there with us.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Is there ay rules that us slow trucks need to know about?? Last year it was you had to have on long pants.

See Ya
Chris

king d 07-01-2005 04:08 PM

hmmm,il check on that chris ,last time i was at the rock i wore tshirt and shorts

king d 07-05-2005 08:51 PM

more info on the event the schedule is as follows: gates open @ 8:00 p.m.
timed runs @ 8:30 p.m.
eliminations @ 9:30 p.m.
dyno up and running by 8:00 p.m.
track open until 2:00 a.m.
TOO HOT for an all-day event!! There will be some other stuff going on so we don't have to hot-lap. Hope this helps some of you get heret....

dynoman 07-09-2005 09:04 AM

I just got some flyers in the mail about this event. If anyone needs a copy come by the shop.

Huff nPuff 07-11-2005 08:29 AM

I plan on being there

I hoping for a good turn out,Hoping to see alot of fast deisel trucks,and meet the guys that keep em running.Hope to learn a thing or two.

Timinva 07-11-2005 09:40 PM

I am going to head down Saterday morning or early afternoon. Looking forward to racin and bs ing with everyone. Jess is Buck coming? Tim

PapaSmurf 07-11-2005 09:47 PM

Hello

Here are our plans as of 11 July. ( anyone that knows us things change rapidy for us)

We are planning at dragging the camper behind Leigh Ann's truck and me dragging the goose neck behind my slow truck. We are looking into staying at a near by campground. I figure I will drag the g/n just incase someone breaks something. We are going to try and get on the road around mid afternoon on friday the 15th.

I am still waiting on parts to get here to get Geoffrey's truck running. VP44 from Schields and rebuilt turbo from HTTurbo.

Looking forward to seeing old(yet young at heart) and new friends.

See Ya
Chris

DavidTD 07-11-2005 10:05 PM

I'm still on the fence whether I can make it. Am trying to make it happen just to hang out for a change and visit. Jeff and Darren are basically in the same boat at this point. But we will see. No doubt it will be a good time. :D

king d 07-12-2005 05:23 AM

i talked with jeff yesterday,and he gave me the most promising wre gonna try to make it ,he has so far,so hope to see all 3 of you guys...also as far as rules go,you need to have long pants or a spare set just in case,they may not like shorts.if you run 11.99 or faster you been drive shaft loops,11.49 or faster you need a cage,and i think 12.99 or faster needs a helemet.lookin forward to seeing you all there,so far from our are there will be 3dmaxes,2 fords ans 1 ctd coming up

John_P 07-12-2005 02:30 PM

Jess:

Do you have a "schedule of events, times for racing, entry fees etc?" Tom Goodall and I
were told the drag racing will be at night. Is that right?

Thanks!

---------
John_P

Mike D 07-12-2005 03:27 PM

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/fly...ly16/flyer.pdf

I might come down for this one too. Will be good to see everyone again...

DavidTD 07-12-2005 04:07 PM

Re: I plan on being there

Originally posted by Huff nPuff
I hoping for a good turn out,Hoping to see alot of fast deisel trucks,and meet the guys that keep em running.Hope to learn a thing or two.
Maybe you should do the teaching? ;)

Start with 2001 auto 4x4 quad cab,make sure youve got a Cummins,add a pair of twins,bolt on a DTT trans,sprinkle in a set of Dons Mach 6s mix it right and tweak it gingerly.You are sure to end up with one wicked potion that is sure to get your adrenaline pumping.12.11sec @ 111mph w/636.1HP& 1200ft lbs of tq so far on #2 only and the division 1 DHRA 2003& 2004 Champion

king d 07-13-2005 07:51 AM

Originally posted by John_P
Jess:

Do you have a "schedule of events, times for racing, entry fees etc?" Tom Goodall and I
were told the drag racing will be at night. Is that right?

Thanks!

---------
John_P

hey john,yes the racing will be at night. track is open from 8pm til 2am.should make for some nice cool racing, any chance of bringing your schied truck? hope to see you both there. also, i believe the plan is for the dyno to be up and runing before 8 pm. we plan to show up around 5

DavidTD 07-13-2005 09:17 AM

Jess, what time to you think the gates will open to let folks in?

Thanks,
David

John_P 07-13-2005 01:20 PM

David:

I believe the gates will open at about 8:00 P.M.

--------
Jess:

Thanks for the information! I had planned on towing my 22' flatbed trailer with winch JUST
IN CASE any of our members need it, so I will most likely be towing that with my 2002. As you
know, I broke my output shaft on my last trip to Rockingham.:( We really want to see how
Johnner's 2004 is going to run now since we did the "modifications" to his truck.

----------
John_P

king d 07-13-2005 04:21 PM

cool!!! so Johnner is gonna make it to,hhope so david if you remeber the first dhra event at rockingham we showed up about 2pm and the gates were open .i was told by one of the sponsors that he hoped to be there by 5 so i assume hope by then...

DavidTD 07-13-2005 04:31 PM

Originally posted by king d
cool!!! so Johnner is gonna make it to,hhope so david if you remeber the first dhra event at rockingham we showed up about 2pm and the gates were open .i was told by one of the sponsors that he hoped to be there by 5 so i assume hope by then...

Thanks Jess. And yes I do remember the 1st time. Virgin track surface, down pour at opening time, what six or so of us? Then we basically ended up having to share the track with only a few others. No telling how many runs we made. [laugh] was like having a private track session.

The track managment provided the best track I raced on that year. Add to it that we had ALL THAT RAIN and those guys deserved a major pat on the back. They did a great job.

I'm still trying to make it this year.

Timinva 07-13-2005 05:01 PM

Looks like I will be there around 2 or 3 pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone and doing some racin. Tim

king d 07-15-2005 09:18 AM

we are heading out now for southern pines,we should show up at the track around 4is on saturday see you all there.i am sure this will happen rain or shine,last event it flooded before race time and they bought out the track driyers and we ran....

RATTLINRAM 07-15-2005 10:20 AM

Man I wish I could make this one. :mad: I start my graveyard shift tonight at midnight. It would be good seeing everyone again.

Y'all take care and I hope to get together with ya sooner or later. :D