Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Colorado RMTDR Dyno Days yes that's 2 of'em

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 08:57 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Colorado RMTDR Dyno Days yes that's 2 of'em

Any of you Colorado area members (heck any member for that matter) are invited to not one but two dyno days we have setup. <br>First one: Saturday April 5th 9am Colorado Diesel in Castle Rock. Second Castle Rock exit (from either direction ) off I-25 head west to first stoplight and go north to end of road and turn right cant miss it. Runs are 20.00.<br><br>Second one: Saturday April 12th 9am in Ft Collins Colorado. I will have to get back on the exact name of this shop with directions.(another member has set it up) But it is also 20.00 runs.<br><br>Do one or both. The Colo Diesel is a dynojet and the Ft Collins is a mustang. They tell me they can run approx 25 trucks in a day. Come on out even if you don't want to dyno as there will be enough bs to go around for everyone. First come first sign up.<br><br>Hope to see some of you there.<br>Barry Gallagher<br>RMTDR President
Old 03-12-2003, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Colorado RMTDR Dyno Days yes that's 2 of'em

Thanks Barry. I live in Thornton and will certainly attend one of 'em. Do you which dyno is more accurate? Which venue will have more people?<br><br>
Old 03-12-2003, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Colorado Diesel had a mustang. Could be interesting to try both and compare numbers.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:21 PM

Stakeman: I may be wrong on that was told they are two different types possibly I have them reversed. There are several who have said they will do both for that very reason. I will probably do both myself just for grins I certainly won't be setting any hp or torque records.

Bennydodge: As of this moment the Colorado Diesel one has the most who have said they will come but the margin is slim. Am still waiting to get final info on the Ft Collins one (address directions etc another member set it up) before I send out a mass email to all of the tdr members that don't use that website and only get the magazine. As far as accuracy I honestly don't know. It may very well depend more on the operator, but dyno expert I am not.

I did have my info backwards Co Diesel Mustang Dyno the one in Ft Collins is a Dynojet 248
Old 03-13-2003, 08:18 PM

Here is updated information regarding the Ft Collins Dyno Day on April 12th from TDR member mgoncalves.<br><br>Ok here is an update,<br><br>The price will be a flat rate of $25 per truck. We have a minimum of 15 trucks required to do this, so we need everybody to come. I'd guess we could run almost 30 if things go smooth. I might run my truck tommorow to get any bugs worked out and see how long it takes to get strapped down and such.<br><br>The address is 5720 s. Bueno Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80525. The shop is called PFI, they are an import performance shop but they seem pretty respectful of us diesel guys. To get there from I-25, my directions are to take the Harmony road exit (don't know the #) West to College (hwy 287). Then go South on College, until you see Tynan's car dealer ( they have a massive US flag, can't miss it). You'll turn East at the North edge of the dealers lot on Smokey Drive. Then a turn North on Bueno. I'll put up some signs once you're off of College.<br><br>I asked about if they did anything special for the auto's, they said they just put the shifter into third, run through the gears and when it shifts into third they nail the throttle. They said that this starts the graph out a little higher in rpm than with a stick shift but that's what they have been doing. Does that sound like the standard technique?<br><br>If you are going to come or at least might come, please send me a PM so I will know what kind of numbers to expect. I wouldn't want to have to invite the ford guys or anything as dramatic as that. <br><br>One more thing, they will postpone the day if it looks like we will get a big storm that day, so keep your fingers crossed for dry weather.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Matt<br><br>So if you are interested in either or both please let me know. You can reply here or email me barrygallagher@mindspring.com<br><br>Thanks ,<br>Barry
Old 04-01-2003, 03:07 PM

ttt<br>coming this weekend and next