Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   Chapter near Austin (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/chapter-near-austin-160149/)

Fire Rescue124 07-15-2007 09:13 PM

Chapter near Austin

i looked at the maps of chapters and got more confused. i live near Austin and i would like to start meeting up with some people on here but don't want to drive to far so is there a chapter close to the Austin area? if so can someone help me out in locating it?? Thanks,

TexasCTD 07-16-2007 12:11 AM

You just started it! Congratulations President of the new Austin, TX Chapter!![coffee]

Seriously, just PM WannaDiesel or somebody and they will get you the forms or whatever. Just start a thread and plan a meet. There are plenty of guys down around Austin area that would come to a meeting. Just pick a weekend day.........probably a Saturday around noon...and meet at a restaurant.

I am hoping Houston will hurry up and get off their collective butts and get one going too..........then we (North Texas and Austin/San Antonio and Houston) could have an annual or semi-annual State-Wide Get Together with all 3 chapters.[guitar]

DHRA Houston will be coming up in a couple of months! Great time for a Big GTG!

Fire Rescue124 07-16-2007 07:48 AM

i am up for helping start one but i'm not to sure if there are very many guys around Austin that would be up for it. i haven't got much reply on this thread you are the only one. but it would be cool if we did have North Tx DFW, Austin/ san antonio, and houston. i will pm someone and figure it out.

DieselDaze 07-16-2007 08:21 AM

Were always looking for individuals with the time, willingness and resources to start a Local Chapter.
Starting a new Local Chapter is fairly easy and really is nothing more than filling out the necessary paperwork.
Keeping a Chapter going and growing can be the challenge. However, just like all challenges, the rewards you get out are in direct proportion to the efforts put in.
Take a look at what we currently offer for Local Chapters and if there isnt one near you and you feel that you have the desire, time and resources to create and run a Local Chapter in your area, let me know and I will get you the needed paper work to start a Local Chapter.

Rich

Fire Rescue124 07-16-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze (Post 1601174)
Were always looking for individuals with the time, willingness and resources to start a Local Chapter.
Starting a new Local Chapter is fairly easy and really is nothing more than filling out the necessary paperwork.
Keeping a Chapter going and growing can be the challenge. However, just like all challenges, the rewards you get out are in direct proportion to the efforts put in.
Take a look at what we currently offer for Local Chapters and if there isnt one near you and you feel that you have the desire, time and resources to create and run a Local Chapter in your area, let me know and I will get you the needed paper work to start a Local Chapter.

Rich

were would i find that info. Thanks, Eric

Wolfeman 07-16-2007 01:17 PM

Is Cedar Park close enough?

thellums 07-16-2007 04:38 PM

check these guys out www.ctdctd.com We aren't with DTR but a similar website (just switch the initials around) and we meet every second Tuesday @ Cabela's in Buda.

Fire Rescue124 07-16-2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfeman (Post 1601594)
Is Cedar Park close enough?

cedar park is great i live in leander. are you talking about a chapter here or that you live here and would be intrested in a chapter around here?

Wolfeman 07-17-2007 11:06 AM

I would be interested in a chapter near here. I have gone to several meetings in Buda. Good group, have you gone to any of their meetings?

Fire Rescue124 07-17-2007 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfeman (Post 1602960)
I would be interested in a chapter near here. I have gone to several meetings in Buda. Good group, have you gone to any of their meetings?

no i haven't is that the CTD group. i really don't think i could drive to buda all the time. i am trying to get more information but the people that i have been told to talk to haven't gottin back with me yet. if i have to i will look into starting a chapter. I'm just not sure how many people around here on DTR that would be intrested and how many even live around here. anyways if you have any ideas that would help i am open to anything. i'm not sure how i we would find out how many live around here.

ldornak 07-31-2007 12:54 PM

I also live in Cedar Park and depending on what's involved, might be interested in joining a local chapter. I spend way too much time on this site but can't resist reading about improvements to get more out of my goat.

CowboyCadillac 07-29-2010 10:14 AM

Well, has this gone somewhere or did it just die?! I am in the Leander area as well and have been participating with a group out of Killeen (no affiliation) but would really like to find something closer! Just to give you an idea: I ran into you at the HEB parking lot in Leander... you sent me the info on this site... has anything happened?

TXCTD01 08-20-2010 09:57 PM

Ok, so I live in Kyle just south of Austin. Would like a group to get together with. You all let me know if there is something out there. I tried the ctdctd.com site but it didn't work.