Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Georgia Dyno Day Input

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Georgia Dyno Day Input

Talked with Dynolab in Marietta and here is the info so far:

23rd or 24th of June
10 trucks or more - $60 each
9 trucks or less - $75 each
Dual wheels have to drop the outside wheel
Will need bigger exhaust vent hose, 5" is as big as they have
Parking is limited on Sat and better on Sun
Will let us grill since it is a long process, approx. 45 min per truck
Cameras and video ok as long as nothing gets left behind
General cleanliness issues that all grown men can adhere to

I need to know who is wanting to do this and on what day so I can give him the info and reserve the building. This is not set in stone and will not be until I get the information from all interested. Lets hear from you.

Kevin
Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 AM

we used to go to dynolab until they felt it nessecary to charge us extra for all the smoke.that is the main reason David bought his dyno.

45 minutes per truck?? we do 4-5 trucks per hour.sometimes as fast as 7-8 minutes per truck.

if you guys want to run on a dyno,we will have the DPM mobile dyno at Atlanta Dragway in July.Hayes Dodge is sponsoring some kind of import car show.not sure what it is named this year.we have done this show every year.the dyno is usually free for the first 25 or so that sign up.you also can drag race all you want.we always have quite a few diesels show up.

mike
Old 06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Chapter President

Thanks for the reply Mike. PM me your phone #. I am interested in speaking with you about our Dyno Day.

Len
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Will need bigger exhaust vent hose, 5" is as big as they have
WHY ?..
The 5 in is plenty all you need to do is slip the pipe inside of the larger exhaust and wrap with a towel and a strap to limit the exhaust.

When we run our dyno event we do about 50 in a 8 hr day or about 6-7 a hour.Duallies dropping their outside tires off is a huge help as is the stack owners dropping the flex tubes.If you have any questions feel free to drop me a note with a way to reach you................Andy
Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 AM

Sounds like you have some knowledge on this subject that could be used when we eventually get this up and running. Hope you are going to participate if we ever get some good word. If nobody chimes in on this deal it may only be a couple of us anyhow. I know there are quite a few Cummins drivers in the Atlanta area. Lets hear from you guys and tell your friends.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:07 PM

Hey guys, I just found this thread.

The Import show Mike speaks of may have been moved to August which conflicts with Scheid, so we won't be at the import show if true.

But - we try to help out all of the clubs when we can. It is important for growth of our sport in general.

Just so you all know, I live about 15 mins south of Commerce GA. That is where the dyno is when it's not on the road.

Something else to keep in mind, Garmon will be opening a new location soon and has asked about having a dyno day there. Maybe you guys can make arrangements for that one which would be in the McDonough area.

We have a crazy schedule and then add my DHRA schedule to that and it gets real crazy but we try to help out when/where we can.

Just let me know how I can help.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:29 AM

Dyno Day scrubbed for 22nd or 23rd but will have a meeting at Old Towne. Who can make it on which day?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 PM

I am not sure where all this is happening at it sounds like atlanta or possibly north georgia. if so I would love to meet up with you guys. lmk Shawn
Old 06-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by eodshawn
I am not sure where all this is happening at it sounds like atlanta or possibly north georgia. if so I would love to meet up with you guys. lmk Shawn
We will be meeting @ Olde Town....A nice place to meet and hangout!...The scenery is usually nice!....I can make it that Thursday but not on the weekend!....
Old 06-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Chapter President

Guys, The dyno day is scrubbed. will be planning one for later this summer...
Meeting on at OLDE TOWNE.....

Len