Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Dyno Day?

Old 11-26-2006, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya,I work in the patch(or I want to think I have for the last 21 yrs)This year has been extremely slow so I`m having to do constuction till things start to happen again.
That was something to read thou,between them two.I felt they both had some agreeable points "BUT" I think if he knows that there is (or every thinks that there is a possibly of water in rig fuel why would you want to fill up your $60,000+ truck up with fuel /H2O mix.They should have it drain ed if like he says that there is that much water in the tank.Then run fuel conditioner.All our fuel pumps suck (5-10 cm) off the bottom of the tank,so he would been sucking straight water.I don`t think any rig engine could combust that amount of H2O without something going south.So if he wants to run rig fuel that he knowing knows to have large amounts of contaminants it ,I really don`t feel for this guy.And I can`t speak for his company, but if our office caught us filling up ,we would be walking the unemployment line as a minimum.
From talking to numerous fuel haulers,most have said that rig fuel is a lesser quality of fuel(but it seems to depend which fuel company we are getting from)Why that is,I`m not sure if it all gets processed at the same place.Another thing is this guy from Sask with all his education and rig exprience is likely making a very good wage $xxx,xxx a year maybe he should just get really a bye his own fuel,like some of use honest Rig hands do!!
Sorry if I rambled on,I`ll quit now.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:09 AM

I work for Nabors drilling. there is no such thing as "rig diesel" OTHER than its just diesel fuel on a rig. Farm fuel is no different than any other fuel except for dye and TAXES. "OFFROAD" fuel is exactly the same as farm fuel. no road tax & dyed for identification purposes only.

MackE7 in that thread knows what hes talking about. Rig fuel.........thats a laugh. its just regualr diesel not a lower grade. the only reason it'd get dirtier or water in it.....because sometimes they really don't give a Cr*p. I do know personally, some toolpushes that strictly use fuel & oil from their rigs in their personal vehicles.

The fuel tanks we send out with the AC triple rigs to work Stateside have a (~roughly) 10,000gallon fuel tank that feeds the 3 main generators (three 3512 Cat 1100KVA gens)
Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 AM

I can do the 9th. Are we talking Red Deer or Olds?

Jeff
Old 11-26-2006, 03:58 PM

I'm off on the 9th too.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:45 PM

I can make it on the 9th too I believe, just let me know, Olds is good for me, can visit the step son that way. He is going to college there. I would like to try my truck out on the dyno, give me an idea as to how the direction is going with my mods

Kevin
Old 11-26-2006, 11:06 PM

I may be able to make it there on the 9th also.Should we overrun the BP`s in Olds that day?LOL.We could show them whats really cooking.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:35 AM

LOL I should have looked in here first before I pm'd you kids toy.., so dumb sometimes.. I am going to try real hard to make it there too

Kevin
Old 11-27-2006, 04:13 AM

We're supposed to chinook on the weekend of the 9th too.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by DEMON
We're supposed to chinook on the weekend of the 9th too.

If it does chinook I am out I have been put a little behind the 8-ball with all this weird weather and need 3-4 days above zero to high ball and get some work done on the course.
Go figure the meet is in my own backyard and I can't make it, unless its cold, but I really need some warm weather so I am a bit undecided, what ever the case I can line up dyno's etc for you guys.

Jason
Old 11-27-2006, 10:52 AM

Dyno would be very good for me. I am definatley in for Olds, good to go and visit the step son anyways ( good excuse to the missus)

Kevin
Old 11-27-2006, 11:23 AM

If there is a dyno day in Olds, would we be allowed in the shop to stand around??? Or will we be huddled around 5 inch exhaust pipes trying to keep warm in the parking lot? If we are in the parking lot, this will be me: but I will not have coffee in the mug if you know what I mean! Probably bring the 04.5 unless I can get my tranny issues on the 98 figured out for cheap!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:23 AM

Sounds like Olds is the place. I guess we just need a number for this guy and see what its worth for a day.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:26 AM

Hopefully greenworks can get that all figured out for us,, maybe later today I will pm him and see what all the scoop is

Kevin
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 AM

I think I would be able to make it as well, Not sure on the dyno, curiousity is there...might continue on to Revy and go sledding....
Old 11-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Just let me know how many trucks you guys have then I go see albert, and yes I am sure we could stand in the shop. I can remember once he had sain if I could get 8 trucks he would charge 50 bucks a truck and feed us beef on a bun but that was a couple years ago so once I have some numbers I'll get it lined up for you guys.

Morkable my DTR emails and PM's go to work and I took the day off soi I can answer it tommorrow.

Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alberta Dyno Day?