Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

ABDTR informal meet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't care how fast we go only that I'm infront of the Garbage truck
Old 10-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BodyMechanic

Hey I think that would be great if you could spring some space for us. I think we may need that kind venue.

Razor67

Welcome aboard... Hey any contacts are good contacts as far as a shop location.

I appreciate all the help so far guys.. I was out fighting through the snow here this week. Wow, what a nite to drive to Provost on Monday . Took me 4 hours (usually takes about 2 3/4 ) And to boot I was driving my bus.partners Dmax...EEEK... Anyhoo. Looks like we need parking for near 15 trucks if not more.

Should make for some good photos eh??? I REAALY hope the weather breaks for the GTG. I still have to call a few gents to see if they can attend.

Good work guys..
Old 10-21-2004, 11:48 PM

Got off the phone today with McKwynne's Performance. Ordered a 5" bd exhaust kit, valve body for the trany, bd cold air intake, and a bd programer for my truck. This will be installed the same time as my exhaust brake, torque converter, tow loc, and govenor control module.

Going to Calgary on tuesday to dyno it before the mods and then I will take it in after to see what I've gained. The shop will dyno it for $45.00 so what the heck, good deal as far as I am concerned.

I can't wait....
Old 10-21-2004, 11:55 PM

Anyone heard from PKennedy lately? Haven't heard from him in a long time.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Chapter President

I got a read message on the email I think.. I will check. Ya, I haven't heard from PK in a while. Balzac was at the last meet. One guy I haven't heard from in a loooong time is Shawn.L.Turbo. I might have to phone Spanky, I don't know if he checks his email that often.

It would be good to see the original ABC members out there.

Razor, if its the PAAL BD dyno, the numbers might be a little high. Last time we crashed that party we all were making another 10-20% just for showing up.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:44 PM

Just to be clear... we are talking about Nov. 20, right?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Chapter President

Thumbs up NOV 20, 2004

Thats been the set date.

If you are gracious enough to offer the venue, sounds like a good spot to me. World gym seems logical for the testosterone levels of some of the young bucks attending.. LOL..
Old 10-22-2004, 06:17 PM

I would not take the BD dyno numbers as the written word. It will give you a good estimate. That dyno has and will give you any number you want. BD is "known" for inflating numbers a little to make their stuff look good.

I haven't seen Pat Kennedy since we all showed up at the "PAAL dyno day/$120K Duramax Bozo show"

Hey Jason, not confirmed but I may have 2 more trucks coming up with our group. Make plans without them just in case.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:27 PM

Freddy2pipes will be there too. Any one interested in leaving a trail of black smoke from here to Red Deer? Maybe we could meet at the airport.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Computor problems, 500 mile commute, ongoing projects, holidays and NO **** time, but I am still here and just maybe my weekend home too (Nov 20/04). Whats the plan????- Red Deer is a goood location for ????? Jason my wife relayed your e mail and to my knowledge will be home that weekend. Andy-my turn to do a clutch, but it was fun getting there. Going to put the DSS steering junk in this weekend, experimment to see if the Dodge will retire from sheep herding down the highway. Also any body looking for trade work (electrician, carpenter, pipefitter; industrial journeyman) give me a PM. PK
Old 10-22-2004, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by greenworks
I don't care how fast we go only that I'm infront of the Garbage truck
You know...I think I'm gonna pack my truck FULL of crap just because every Charlie Brown needs a PigPen LOL.

(Lil Dog can be Lucy)
Old 10-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Chapter President

Lucy... Hmm, don' t know how to take that one..

Pat, you ol dog glad to hear you are still rollin down the highway brother.. I will keep an ear open for ya That would be great to see you there. (BTW, the Solid Steel stuff is top notch IMHO)

Freddy2Pipes.. How is Craig93 doin?

I will PM you BodyMechanic....

J-eh
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No question Darins stuff is number one otherwise I would not of even thought about spending the cash LiL Dog. I am just a little scared of the post installation as I have never driven this truck without a wander to it, I could have a wreck you know. Anybody got a picture of the mount for an Arctic plow Dodge front mount bracket???? The one I have is from my 98 Chev and they want $700 for a Dodge bracket, probably won't take much to make it fit my truck. PK
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 PM

Last time I saw craig93 was at the junk yard ....a place where you meet the whos who of Parkland county. His rear is fixed and hes happy again. Ill try and drag him with me.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:42 AM

Freddy2pipes will be there too. Any one interested in leaving a trail of black smoke from here to Red Deer? Maybe we could meet at the airport.
I have never seen a truck smoke all the way to Red Deer - interesting thought I'm game on a rendezvous. We can set a meeting time a little closer to the event day. Regards

Quick Reply: ABDTR informal meet?