Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

16 Sept Drag racing in N C

Old 09-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 Sept Drag racing in N C

Hello
The gates open at 2100 (9:00PM) on the 16th of Sept.
The location is @ 4744 Richlands Highway (HYW 258) If you need to call me at 910 376 2958

They run test and tune and then start running the eliminations.

A fella I work with has what he thinks is a fast Ford Lighting, he wants to race me. I think I will surprise him and show up with the 3500 DUALLY, yes my wife's truck is faster than mine now. .
I am going to do my best to run the 3500 dually (my wifes truck) into the 13 seconds.

Should be a great weekend.
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Chris:

Looking forward to doing this again! So far, you, myself, Cris S., Mike D. and possibly Phil McMaster (McMopar) and Johnner should be there. Johnner has friends coming in from out-of town, so he may not be able to make it. But,.....if you bring Leigh's truck Cris S. will give you some competition!

See you Saturday night buddy.

-------
John_P
Old 09-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Chapter President

John, Phil isn't going to be able to make this one. I'm going to try and come down Friday night so we can watch Cris on the "humbler". Couldn't reach you on your cell, home phone is busy. I'll try to call you later buddy. Looking forward to coming down for this.

Just to clarify, this event is in Jacksonville, NC...
Old 09-14-2006, 07:23 PM

I would love to be there. The only one I had a chance to go to got rained out earlier in the year. I am in the middle of the ocean right now, but I will be there in spirit. Send a pic or two if you can! Hopefully there will be another one after Thanksgiving and before March that I can attend. Have fun!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:14 PM

Hello
Yes this event is in the Jacksonville NC area.

Puddlestomper
Are you with the 24th MEU? If so Mrs Smurf is out there to.
If you want PM me your address and if the CD I am trying to make turns out I will sent it to you. I served 21 years in the gun club myself.
Good luck to ya and stay safe.

See Ya
Chris
Old 09-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Mike:

Thanks for the heads-up on Phil. I have talked to you on the cell phone so, everything else looks good. See you tonight buddy.

--------
John_P
Old 09-15-2006, 08:52 PM

Y'all have fun down there. Don't let Miker break anything.....does he still have his reservation permit? I don't think my truck would make it down there to bring him home. My truck has fallen to pieces since Rockingham......still trying to put humpty dumpty back together again. Putting a Thuren track bar in tomorrow to try and fix the death wobble. I'll be close to having the ailments cured after that. Air Conditioning still has me scratching my head though.

Hope to see some good times in the 1/4. Cris S, hope you got some of your tuning dialed in, I know Rockingham it didn't cooperate. Papa Smurf, teach that lightning a lesson!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:59 AM

Hello
Sorry I don't have Cris and Mike's times.

My wife's strong running stock truck ran a pair of 13.92s tonight @ 93.9 mph. Yes the lightning lost twice to the 3500 Dodge.

I did try something that made my wife's truck very weird looking and that is I "forgot to re install the inside rear tires" when my son and I where rotating them today. I don't know if it made a difference or not, I know for sure that it made it look very bad, in a terrible way.

We should know next month after we go run the track next month.
Relax TimVa I was leaving the line with 10/12 pounds of boost.

I had my slow ole blue truck out there with the goose neck hooked to it and it came home empty. That's a good thing.

We had 4 strong running Diesels out there putting on a show. Nice cool weather and lots of B S going on.
See Ya next time
Chris
Old 09-17-2006, 08:21 AM

Chris, thanks for the update. Sounds like the white dually was getting it done. Nice times! Glad the trailers went home empty. Hope I can make it next time. I cured some of my trucks ills yesterday, so maybe I'll have it ready for next drag strip trip. Of course I found out yesterday that I tore the drive shaft up in Rockingham......got that to fix now....

Take care, Matt
Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Way to go Chris!
I bet ya can't wait to tell Leigh. I'm sure she'll be happy.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Chapter President

It was good seeing everyone again. I was treated to another great weekend again by John P at the Porterfield Compound. The best race of the night for me was when I went heads up with John P driving Cris's truck, he went a 13.07@99.78 and I ran 13.30@101.39. That was really fun.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Mike, thanks for the kind words!

I forgot to thank Cris S. for letting me drive his pickup! Thanks Cris! That race was fun and you very well could have beaten me! I was glad to see you get an even better time out of your truck Mike! We will keep working on it and get you into the 12's!

--------
John_P
Old 09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Banned

John

Brett said to me on the way home that he could have hit you in the head with a hammer and still not knocked the smile off your face

CRIS
Old 09-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Cris:

Yes, Brett is right, I did have a BIG smile on my face after those runs!
Especially after I beat your times in the quarter mile! The reaction times were NOT as good as yours though, I will admit that! I needed to "knock of the rust" of not running in over three four months now!

Thanks again buddy!

---------
John_P