Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   MODTR #30 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/modtr-30-143/)
-   -   Time for a change-of-the-guard .... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/modtr-30-143/time-change-guard-192077/)

Tree DR 02-21-2008 06:46 PM

High mileage work vehicle. Now a FJ isn't a work vehicle it looks nice but it can't work like bert did.
You just need to swap in a 4cyl cummins.

PistolWhipt 02-21-2008 10:05 PM

Trying to haul a little wood the other day was kinda depressing. Luckily, there isn't that much of that kind of work to be done around here these days.

I definately think I will be investing in some kind of a small trailer to do the dirty work.

The ice storm today made for some fun time in a parking lot [guitar]. Did a few donuts and then noticed some old lady across the street dialing her cell phone as fast as she could. Figger'd I better make tracks before "Barney" came. Not like I could blend in or anything ... it's the only FJ in town and school bus yellow to boot [roll].

Darin ... I have been seeing a lot of non-local tree companies driving around town lately. You keeping busy too I suppose ???

Soooooo ..... no takers on the position, eh ???

Cheers,
PISTOL

Chrisreyn 02-22-2008 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt (Post 1959940)

Cheers,
PISTOL

It was hard enough suckering,er, meantalking, you into taking it....[laugh]

Tree DR 02-22-2008 03:51 AM

Work what's that?????

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt (Post 1959940)
Trying to haul a little wood the other day was kinda depressing. Luckily, there isn't that much of that kind of work to be done around here these days.

I definately think I will be investing in some kind of a small trailer to do the dirty work.

The ice storm today made for some fun time in a parking lot [guitar]. Did a few donuts and then noticed some old lady across the street dialing her cell phone as fast as she could. Figger'd I better make tracks before "Barney" came. Not like I could blend in or anything ... it's the only FJ in town and school bus yellow to boot [roll].

Darin ... I have been seeing a lot of non-local tree companies driving around town lately. You keeping busy too I suppose ???

Cheers,
PISTOL

I'm so busy I've started ice climbing. If it keeps iceing every weekend I'm going to start a class for beginers. Who said you had to go to Alaska to ice climb.
You need some help at your place?

So what exactly does a chapter pres do other than take money and keep it?[laugh][laugh] Oh and sell their truck and defect to Yota land.[laugh]

PistolWhipt 02-22-2008 03:40 PM

Ugh .... (insert smiley with head hung low here) [laugh].

No tree issues out here, thank God. I guess we have some tough trees or something. Thanks for the offer ....

Cheers,
PISTOL

Gear Jammer 02-22-2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tree DR (Post 1960220)
I'm so busy I've started ice climbing. If it keeps iceing every weekend I'm going to start a class for beginers. Who said you had to go to Alaska to ice climb.
You need some help at your place?

So what exactly does a chapter pres do other than take money and keep it?[laugh][laugh] Oh and sell their truck and defect to Yota land.[laugh]

What's your business name?

Tree DR 02-23-2008 06:42 AM

I sent you a pm. I get plenty of solicitors already.

Tree DR 03-18-2008 09:29 PM

ok ok ok or should it be OK OK OK....
So what does it take to be the leader before we all defect to yota land with the fuel prices like they are.

PistolWhipt 03-19-2008 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tree DR (Post 2003873)
ok ok ok or should it be OK OK OK....
So what does it take to be the leader before we all defect to yota land with the fuel prices like they are.

No kidding ... the price of fuel in ridiculous !! Believe it or not ... we actually have it pretty good here in Missouri. I can get 87 octane for $3.03 a gal here in Mtn. Grove .... but was paying $3.39 a gal out on the road coming back from Virginia. I would have had to take out a third mortgage on my farm to fill up B.E.R.T. !!

As for what it takes to be the "leader" of this bunch ..... stunning good looks and and at least a dial up internet connection [laugh][laugh]. Luckily, I have at least ONE of those qualities.

In all seriousness folks .... I believe that this chapter could really go places and turn into something with the right person pushing things. It's not that I don't WANT to or don't know how ... it's just that I am on the road far too much to do any justice to the position. One of you guys that is into the pulling, racing, serious bombing or just a good ol' boy with a knack for meeting people & getting things set up for people to get together would be PERFECT for the job !!

Imagine how cool it would be if you could work a group buy of some killer bombing parts for the chapter at one of the local diesel shops !! ...or to have a MODTR-30 banner flying at the drag strip .... or who knows what else. Just takes someone with a few ideas and some extra time on their hands. ****(That's not to say that one of our members who is in the position to work a deal like that shouldn't ... PLEASE FEEL FREE !!! You'll hear no slack from me !!). That is what would make people want to join and stay !!

I know Lurch has some background in this kind of stuff ... and if he doesn't want the "full meal deal" of being president, he would still be a great person to get ideas from !!

Give it some thought fellas ... but if there are no takers, I will continue on as I have been ... if you can stand a Yoda driving pres. [laugh]

Cheers,
PISTOL

Kman9090 03-19-2008 04:16 AM

I Nominate ground shaker! How come I have never heard of any of these meetings?

Tree DR 03-19-2008 06:20 AM

Why me???? I don't have one for sure but I've got about the slowest dialup a person can get.
Oh by the way if you haven't looked at the other threads here some truck and hopefully their drivers will be at Bass Pro the 29th 12 noon behind the catalog outlet center.
This about 4 different forums gathering so look out it might get competitive.

Gear Jammer 03-19-2008 07:52 AM

Why is fuel in Mtn Grove always cheaper?

PistolWhipt 03-19-2008 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Jammer (Post 2004348)

Cuz we deserve it ... hahahaha.

PISTOL

coreydr2003 03-19-2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Jammer (Post 2004348)

Ya Jammer that sucks

Ground Shaker 03-20-2008 05:06 AM

I like how Tory nominateed me and no one followed up on it....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Tory, that is a sign. They don't want me to represent them[laugh]

I don't think I will have the time as summer come around. Not to say I wouldn't want to be president of something (other than stupidity or drinking large amounts of Alch) but I don't think I am the PROPER canidate for the position.