Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   MDDTR #33 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/mddtr-33-140/)
-   -   MD Chapter #33 Never Ending Thread Part VIII (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/mddtr-33-140/md-chapter-33-never-ending-thread-part-viii-221141/)

robmints 10-24-2008 09:19 PM

Thank you Joe. That is a bit of a drive. I thought York seemed out of the way. Wonder why there aren't more Toyo dealers around. I would need to plan a Saturday trip around either Annapolis or York, work calls my name during the week. I called Harford Tire. Very nice guy, knowledgeable, but could not get Toyo MTs, he can get AT's, go figure. I still may go with tiredealsforless. My friend with a changer and spin balancer has been know to work for scotch.

285 75 17 does seem like a good size for us that don't want to lift. Matter of fact I was thinking of taking out my rear spacers and getting bags or timbrens so I could still carry weight. But at least all my grocery getting driving would be level. Anybody take out their rear spacers? Does everybody who likes the level look just get leveling kits?

Thanks again for the tire help guys.

Baltimore Joe 10-25-2008 11:48 AM

I called around everywhere local. NTB could get them but not the size I got. They said the size didn't exist. As did every other place that didn't want to look it up. No Limit could get them but they were a little more expensive so I with with Admiral since I was close by. No Limit can be found at:
http://nolimitbmore.com/

crabbelle 10-25-2008 11:52 AM

ther good guys over there, they may sponsor my dually.theres some nice custom cars that roll through them doors. the only problem most of the money that pays for them cars is from drugs.

scottsjeeprolet 10-25-2008 01:35 PM

Anybody ever heard of these turbo's?
turbo
Or should i get one of these?
Electric turbo
Oh ya Todd's here. He thought the wrenchin day was today.[dummy]

robmints 10-25-2008 01:57 PM

Guys, I checked in here around noon and went and got the internet cc from the finance minister and ordered them from tiredealsforless. The receipt went through at 1:19 and I checked back in and saw the no limit place. Oh well, they are on their way, 1209.07 delivered. I thought I remembered them being a little less than 1000 but I could not find them for less, or within 50 miles of the house. Leonard taught me how to do a burnout with these slushy torque converters but that's not going to get much use at $1200 a set so I guess I'm going to need to get the donut and burnout urge out of my system over the week or so. When you see the gray cloud that smells like burning rubber or the curly cues in a country intersection, it's just me, but the fed ex truck is delivering the cure. Thanks all for the help.

robmints 10-25-2008 02:01 PM

I think my wife has one of those electric ones upstairs, says Conair on it.

06MegaCTD 10-25-2008 02:20 PM

lol, guess he just has to wait till tomorrow for the wrenching day

crabbelle 10-25-2008 02:55 PM

i would love to see a hx40 support 800+ hp. scott how many bays will be open tomorrow. i wanna see how the new seats will go in? also has anybody installed the new kool vue mirrors, i got a new item to add to the collection in my office. LOL

biggerkin 10-25-2008 05:14 PM

Baltimore Joe

:cool:Did my MT's for $956 installed at Harford tire:cool: 305/65/17

ramsport59 10-25-2008 10:34 PM

Freakin Mr.Tire!!!!![verymad] [verymad] [verymad]

I took my truck up to get the new tires balanced....came back before they closed and they were finshing up....I even noticed they had my truck sitting funny on the lift....They BENT my FREAKIN TRACTION BARS!!!! I didnt notice until just now leaving a late dinner, and my truck was the only one left in the lot so I saw it from a distance. I just crawled under it and the paint is deinfitly chipped off and fresh metal. Only 2 weeks I had them on!

So here is the thing, How much should I nail them for? I assembled the arms myself with tractor links and welded them in to metal tubing I had laying around.

They WILL be receiving a phone call first thing Monday AM when they open!

Rick

bootsdodgejn 10-25-2008 10:54 PM

Which Mr tire.

ramsport59 10-25-2008 10:56 PM

Store #0731 on 7529 Ritchie Hwy Glen Burnie....Next to the Old Tate Jeep

Rick

bootsdodgejn 10-25-2008 11:10 PM

got ya.

I would come to the cave tomorrow but i got to work the last day at lohrs orchard in churchville.

crabbelle 10-26-2008 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ramsport59 (Post 2256480)
Freakin Mr.Tire!!!!![verymad] [verymad] [verymad]

I took my truck up to get the new tires balanced....came back before they closed and they were finshing up....I even noticed they had my truck sitting funny on the lift....They BENT my FREAKIN TRACTION BARS!!!! I didnt notice until just now leaving a late dinner, and my truck was the only one left in the lot so I saw it from a distance. I just crawled under it and the paint is deinfitly chipped off and fresh metal. Only 2 weeks I had them on!

So here is the thing, How much should I nail them for? I assembled the arms myself with tractor links and welded them in to metal tubing I had laying around.

They WILL be receiving a phone call first thing Monday AM when they open!

Rick

if you know any one in the welding business have them make you a qoute and give it to them. might stand up a little better than saying "i bought this for this much and i bought that for that much"

scottsjeeprolet 10-26-2008 08:43 AM

"So here is the thing, How much should I nail them for? I assembled the arms myself with tractor links and welded them in to metal tubing I had laying around. "

Hate to say it Rick, but something like traction bars should be made out of DOM tubing. Which is very expensive like $12 or more per foot. They are going to see lots of twisting forces and torque, standard steel tube won't cut it.
Go print out some pricing on traction bars and make them pay you the replacement costs. Looks like they picked up the truck by the bars.