Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Another New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another New Guy

I had been driving a '01 Dakota QC with a 5.9 V8 gas engine. Great little truck, and towed pretty well. I loved that truck. But, for a variety of reasons, it was time for it to go.

I've been working on cars for many years. Right now I have a monster FFR Cobra Roadster that I built. I'll be trailering it to tracks around the area. That's why I needed something to tow with.

A couple of days ago I traded the Dakota in for a '07 Ram 2500, 4x4, auto, CTD. The first thing I need to do is get used to driving a full sized truck again. Before the Dakota I drove a '95 Ram. Now the full sized truck feels more like a monolith than a vehicle. But I really love the torque this thing makes. Step on the skinny pedal and it just jumps! I love that.

The only diesels I have driven in the past have been military and rental trucks. Quite a bit differant than this. This is the first diesel truck I'v owned; and I'v never worked on one. I've been reading here for months, picking up tips and tid bits. But I'll still be asking quite a few questions here and there.

I already installed the winter blanket from dodge. And I ordered the block heater cord from e-bay for $20. I had a Prodigy brake controller in my Dakota. I'll be installing that pretty soon. I had the dealer install a remote starter and window tint. It has the stock single CD player in the dash; I'll be swapping that out for a factory multi-disk sometime soon. I'll also be looking for a cap and bed slider.

I have no plans for performance mods. The Ram makes plenty of power as is. I'll be making small comfort and appearance things here and there. But the name of the game here is reliability and longevity. I've read about the sector shaft support, and that seems like a good idea.

I'll be asking quite a few questions in the coming months; please bear with me. Thanx.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wecome to the DTR! Great to have ya here
Old 12-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

welcome, I am a newbie to the forum also. My truck is basically stock, I just did a couple of things to make life easier on her. You can see them in my sig, don't forget to fill yours out. These guys on this site really know what they are talking about, have a fantastic sense of humor and will help you out at the drop of a hat.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the DTR .boB.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:10 PM

Welcome to the DTR!

Congrats on your new truck!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanx for the welcome. Alhtough, you may regrete that after my 1,000th ignorant question