Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   IDDTR #21 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/iddtr-21-134/)
-   -   Where's it at? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/iddtr-21-134/wheres-198385/)

schaef_12 03-26-2008 01:01 PM

Where's it at?

Hey what happened to the thread about the Idaho Chapter?

RLee2500 03-26-2008 09:24 PM

I dont know, but it seems that the admins did not want it here. Maybe one of them will chime in and let us know.

Lary Ellis (Top) 03-26-2008 10:18 PM

I removed it guys, it made no sense as it was started by a member that asked to be banned from the forum and members from another forum were signing up just to advertise their forum in it.

This Forum is for the Idaho DTR chapter info, we would not go in their forum and advertise our chapter in their thread ;)

RLee2500 03-27-2008 09:50 AM

Makes sense to me.

Deezel Nate 03-27-2008 08:57 PM

Is there even an Idaho chapter of the DTR?

RLee2500 03-28-2008 02:45 AM

[QUOTE=Deezel Nate;2016689]Is there even an Idaho chapter of the DTR?

Not so much, but it does get talked about every once in a while. [duhhh]
I seem to remember a post a year or so ago where we came close to actaully doing something, but it just kinda faded away. I know there are more than 5 people on here from Idaho, however, we never seem to get in the same forum at the same time. But if nothing else, this is a good spot to see if anyone else is out there in the Gem State.

Rick

Lary Ellis (Top) 03-28-2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Deezel Nate (Post 2016689)
Is there even an Idaho chapter of the DTR?

You are posting in their forum, so there must be eh?

Deezel Nate 03-28-2008 06:58 PM

I do live in Idaho and never heard of the DTR chapter. When and where do they have meetings?

RLee2500 03-29-2008 12:25 AM

You don't have to hold meetings to be a DTR chapter. If there is some other place or group that does, well, good for them.

Deezel Nate 03-29-2008 05:36 PM

I was just asking an honest question because I wanted to stop by at a meeting to meet some fellow diesel enthusiasts. No need to be rude about it.

The DTR Idaho chapter has no meetings, and there are no posts in this forum other than this one.

So what exactly does the chapter do? Is there a president or members?

Can I post Idaho events in here, is that was it's for?

Sled Pulling Schedule, Dyno Days, Drag Race events, Bomb parties, etc?

RLee2500 03-30-2008 04:29 AM

Not being rude about it, simply stated that if other groups, chapters or organizations have "get togethers" then good for them for being more organized, active and taking the initiative to get moving. The Idaho chapter has not done any of these things yet.

To answer your second question, I don't think that the Admin intends this to be the place to post events, or other things not related to DTR. A few postes were made a week ago relating to this subject and were sincle deleted.

schaef_12 03-30-2008 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by RLee2500 (Post 2019920)
To answer your second question, I don't think that the Admin intends this to be the place to post events, or other things not related to DTR. A few postes were made a week ago relating to this subject and were sincle deleted.

What's the point of having this section if it is not intended to be the place to post events?

Lary Ellis (Top) 03-30-2008 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by schaef_12 (Post 2020421)
What's the point of having this section if it is not intended to be the place to post events?

This is the section to post DTR CHAPTER events. ;)

idahopower 03-31-2008 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by RLee2500 (Post 2019920)
Not being rude about it, simply stated that if other groups, chapters or organizations have "get togethers" then good for them for being more organized, active and taking the initiative to get moving. The Idaho chapter has not done any of these things yet.

Then lets get things rolling and who cares what forum starts the event we all can do it together and call it a dtr event on this forum. This should be a place to post events if not why doest dtr have a idaho sled pull and drag race. It would be nice to see dtr do something like that, mods/admins suggestions on that.

JonnysDodge 04-14-2008 12:10 AM

I am in Idaho Falls, and it is good to know that there are just a couple of us around here. I would like to see more people chime in from around the great Gem State.