HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

2146 and 2149

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2146 and 2149

put the bully dog triple dog in and been drivin it for about 6 weeks. started throwin 2146 and 2149/actin like there were 2-3 cylinders dead when it gets warmed up. took the bully dog out and it ran fine for about a week, now its doin every time it warms up it does it pretty frequently. the dead cylinders kick on and off intermittently but it only does it when it gets up to normal operating temperature. hope thats enough info please reply if you have any idea what is goin on here.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
RCW

You are getting two circular voltage reference codes, one to fuel injection group 1 and the other for group 2. What that means is that the injection processor is not returning the correct check digit to the computer, and the computer is attempting to reestablish a baseline fuel map, and cannot.

The ECM has been corrupted. The fix is to first try a manual reset yourself by removing any fueling computer assists that you have installed, then disconnect the negative battery terminals and turn on the key, the lights, the radio, and make sure any chargers or cables that connect to ham radios or cell phones are disconnected. Then go have a couple of your favorite brews.

After about an hour, turn off the key, and everything else you had on, but do not reconnect any ham radios or cell phones. Reconnect the negative battery cables and turn on the key for 30 seconds, then switch it off for ten seconds. Then try to start.

It will run like a dog for about a minute then it should reset all the OEM ECM maps to default. Turn it off for ten seconds, then try and drive it.

If that did not reset the defaults, you will need to have your local dealer use their tool to do a reload.

Any number of causes may have created the problem, and it can be from high powered linear amplifiers on a radio, a cell phone, a welder being used on the truck with the batteries connected, or a fuel system sensor starting to break down and the revised fuel map from the Bullydog not recognizing the problem.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmm wonder if it worked???
Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM

i will definitely try that. should be tomorrow before i get a chance but i will repost as soon as i find something. the bully dog has been out. i have been told that it was probably the valve cover gasket harness to the injectors.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 PM

okay i reset the ecm (or did the best i could) and now the best i can tell there is only one cylinder down vs. two or three. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM
RCW

Time for a scan with the real tool. I suspect the rail pressure regulator is defective since the problem is now down to one cylinder. But, it could be as simple as the rail pressure sensor, or even several things such as bad fuel injector solenoids and a problem with the rail pressure.

One other test, run your hand under the CP3 and feel for wetness. If wet, then you have a case seal problem that is creating erratic pressure. It is also an easy fix with the new aftermarket pump seal kits.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 AM

will do. greatly appreciate all the input
Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 PM

well i was on my way to the dealer this mornin. went out and started er up, no dead cylinder, no CEL. been drivin it all day it aint missed a lick...i hate this electronic crap