HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Truck won't start

Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck won't start

I parked my truck this morning and went to start it about an hour later, turn it over and everything electrically lights up and seems fine. Crank and nothing. I tried my spare set of keys, it started but the horn honked like the panic mode was activated. So I turn the truck off. Same symptoms from both keys then. I know my battery contacts are clean. I've searched a little (on my iPhone on the road) and all I can see is maybe a shifter cable and it thinks it's in gear. That doesn't explain why it started w/ the spare set of keys and then the horn was activated.

Need help guys. Gotta try and fix this at 6am tomorrow after I'm off work.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Bluetooth and other appliances that yield high amounts of EMI or RFI (Electro-magnetic induction or Radio-frequency interference) should be kept at LEAST 7 inches away from Steering Column/Ignition switch area. The Blackberry PDA while charging, has been noted to be one with the highest incidence rate.
Remove the IOD fuse for 10 minutes and then install it. Attempt to communicate with the WCM, start the vehicle or program the your new key. Removal of the IOD fuse has reset the WCM and in a number of recent cases has restored functionality to the module.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by BigIron70
Bluetooth and other appliances that yield high amounts of EMI or RFI (Electro-magnetic induction or Radio-frequency interference) should be kept at LEAST 7 inches away from Steering Column/Ignition switch area. The Blackberry PDA while charging, has been noted to be one with the highest incidence rate.
Remove the IOD fuse for 10 minutes and then install it. Attempt to communicate with the WCM, start the vehicle or program the your new key. Removal of the IOD fuse has reset the WCM and in a number of recent cases has restored functionality to the module.
RFR2212 did this fix your problem? Any update?