HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

still stuck in creola al

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BIG SHANE
Rebal, how did you find the leak in the filter drain and how did you fix it
the filter drain will come off with a few toques screws then if the plastic is not cracked you can get new orings from the help isle at most parts houses I think there is 4 of them 2 for the filter seal and 1 or 2 inside you just have to twist it and pull it apart once you have it of the filter
Old 02-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rebal. Thank-you doesn't sound to difficult. did you read my last update?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Good morning. Ok , test complete. According to cummins there are no signs of air leaks(air pockets in clear fuel lines) from the vp44 to the tank. However they said I had oil in the fuel return line. Now they are checking the orings on the injectors (finally) and checking the connecting tubes. Does this make sense to anyone, I started with fuel in oil and losing prime . Now they tell me it held prime but I have oil in the fuel. Are you serious, is this possible? Ughh!!!

Big Shane
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Any luck this morning Shane? Wish I could give more help. Are you heading back south today?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 AM

Levi, did you read my last post?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 AM

wow if it is not one thing it is anouther. it sounds like progress though. It sounds like it makes sence. Took them a while to get to our level of thinking.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM

I know, right!. I don't get why they didn't do this test in the first place. it would've saved a lot of time and money. I don't understand the oil in fuel thing though. do you????????

Big Shane
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something just doesn't seem right. Oil will burn, and should not prevent starting, especially if it is in the return line. Hummmm I am still out on the crossover tubes. But something stinks. Have you asked them to PLEASE explain how you could get oil in the fuel. Fuel should be under more pressure that the fuel when the inj pump is working properly. Those are pop off injectors. Dang, I am really curious now!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Diesel lady, they are pulling the injectors and changing all orings. I think you were right about the crossover tubes they are being inspected as well. Cummins thinks the oil is leaking by an orings and entering the return line. I don't know? Maybe they'll get it right this time

Big Shane
Old 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you have fuel in your oil or oil in your fuel ? fuel in oil is a stuck open injector.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally I had fuel in the oil. The last test revealed oil in fuel return line. They are changing the injector orings. God I hope this works! It's been a total nightmare.

Big Shane
Old 03-01-2011, 06:20 PM

one way or anouther I hope this works........some thing has too.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'd think they would just give you a new set of injectors for all the trouble you've been through! So I think this is going to be the charm. You have to know that there isn't any thing else. Fuel goes from tank to lift pump to filter to vp44 then into the block. in the block is only the crossover tubes and injectors. Kind of a no brainer now!!.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 PM

I can't believe you're still stuck there. It just sucks the life out of me when I'm stuck waiting. I haven't seen my 95 since Jan 11th. The trans shop's been lying to me on a daily basis. I'm about to get the best friend/ lawyer involved. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Well guys and girls I think they got it but it still turns over about five or six times in the morning. I don't care I'm going home. Thank all of you so much for your help, I really appreciated all of your suggestions. It would seem that the people on this forum are more educated on the cummins engine than cummins is. Once again thank you all so very much you guys really helped me. I just hope I can do the same for someone else someday.

Big Shane

Quick Reply: still stuck in creola al