HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that much slip sounds normal. what size tires do you have?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 PM

33 by 12.50 17 inch 4 .10 gears
Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM

ok i have made sure the filters are all clean and the clutch i feel is of with a little slip thats normal i hope but what should i do next should i disconuct the batterys and reinstall the edge with juice and run it again ir should i do other things first. also if u have this year truck when you are hard on the throttle and shift quick do you hear a blow off sound on the right side that really gets loud at times mine does do that not sure if thats normal any help would be great you all here are great so far
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You may have blown an intercooler or a boost hose? Maybe that has been covered. Didn't go back thru all 3 pages!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned

what about the cat is that still in place?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:51 PM

no its a turbo back just 5 inch with a muffler for now all from mbrp no cat or anything
Old 09-19-2007, 11:56 PM

well so far i have made sure all filters are clean air fuel oil even i am pretty up on all that i change it way early but i am that way oil and fuel ever 3000 miles i can see any blown or loss hoses and i am now putting the box back in the truck and see what still happens i am not getting any codes and i am totally lost on this one. the dealer says fuel pressure is ok but wounder how they check that. and i guess the trans being a 6 speed will show 2 to 4 % slip but why doesnt it show that when im dumping the cluth from a dead stop and bang gears never show any that way only on roll ones from a higher gear. any other ideas or what i should do would be helpful thanks all
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM

ok this is weird now what lol. I decided to disconnect battery for about 4 hrs and decided to put the edge back in and now i started the truck today and drove to work had it on 2 and it seemed to not have a problem jumped on iy and it pulled smooth then deciced to go in to 3 setting and she ran great pulled even harder. then i decided to go to five and she would pull to the moon on roll ons like there was no tomorrow. she smoked and seemed to make great power. I am just so lost on this truck its like it has its on mind and its own time of the month lol. i then looked at the back down recording and i did record 10 % of back down at one point or another but not sure why or what all that means can anyone put a little light in my mind on this truck lol.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Banned

sounds like you had a code did you check that before? sometimes that happens. check for codes by turning the key on and off three times they will show in the odometer. disconecting the battery probobly cleared them
Old 09-23-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by 96_12V
I sort of hate to sound like this, but I work in the field of engineering, and one of the things we tend to say in my line of work is that customers will often "pay to play." Truth be told, if 300+ hp and 600+ lb-ft of torque (the stock figures) are not enough, something's wrong. If this is what the veichle has been designed for, it's going to be (and should be) a warranty-voiding issue to change that. D-C corporation (or whatever the name is this month) can only be held responsible for the truck as it was originally.

If a programmer such as the Edge has been added, you may have to go after them for assistance, since D-C can't be laible for what damages may have been caused from running thier programmer. And just like your personal computer keep a tally of every website you visit, your truck's computer keeps a tally of what's gone through it as well. The sad truth is, something's likely been damamged, and now it's going to have to be resolved.

blah, blah, blah...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wreedCTD
blah, blah, blah...
2nd that...
Old 09-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by wreedCTD
blah, blah, blah...
X3
it sounds like you threw a code and it just wasn't letting the truck run the way it should have been running. i'm surprised that a dodge dealership wouldn't check codes first thing.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:37 PM

Any resolution?
Your symptoms sound like mine when my lift pump was in the process of failing. I like the attitude monitor that Edge offers - knowing the fuel pressure on your truck could help you figure out what's up. Don't know how the dealer tested your fuel system, but I do know on mine it passed the flow test even when it was beginning to fai.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM

what is spooling and how do you clean a map sensor

My turbo doesn't make much noise if any and I was wondering if it works right. How can I tell if it is working correctly?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stroker400
ok i have made sure the filters are all clean and the clutch i feel is of with a little slip thats normal i hope but what should i do next should i disconuct the batterys and reinstall the edge with juice and run it again ir should i do other things first. also if u have this year truck when you are hard on the throttle and shift quick do you hear a blow off sound on the right side that really gets loud at times mine does do that not sure if thats normal any help would be great you all here are great so far
Okay, I know it's running better now, but just so it gets thrown into the pot, In 05 they made the intercooler with plastic tanks on the side. With high boost, and sometimes with normal boost they can get blown open on the sides where they connect to the center aluminum section. You usually have to take a flashlight and run around both inside and outside the tanks to see if the little prongs are still gripping the center section together. If it has blown apart, you could have boost at lower settings and then have a leak at higher boost that opens up and once the pressure is released it will close back up enough to make boost again. If you have plastic tanks on the intercooler I would make sure there is no leaks at high pressure or at least look it over real good as you will most likely have one in the future. This would also explain the wooshing sound you heard coming from what you thought was the turbo. Just a thought. Hope your problem doesn't come back.

Quick Reply: Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy