HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

My new FP Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new FP Gauge

Finally got my banjo bolt to replace the schrader valve on my injector pump and got my FP gauge hooked up. Yup, for sure, my pressure is a whopping 6psi at idle. Guess I will join the masses and get myself and nice shiny new lift pump. Of course I'm very irritated at this, but then that's why I got gauges. I have seen from other posts that the pump IS covered under the 5/100 Cummins warranty. What would be the best course of action for me, calling the stealers, or Cummins? Is it reasonably safe for my injector pump to drive until I can get the lift pump replaced? OR, would it be worth the money to just avoid the whole hassle by picking one up and doing it myself? OR, could the gauge itself be giving a false reading? I did have some of the antifreeze solution leak out of the push in connection at the isolator that was connected at the factory. Could it have been enough to bottom out the piston in the isolator? Didn't seem like much. The gauge is a pricol connected to an isolator, coming off of steel braid connected to the banjo bolt that replaced the schrader. The truck runs great and got a new fuel filter 1500 miles ago.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:My new FP Gauge

Geez, everyone seems to be having problems with one type of pump or another lately. It must be in the air. Maybe it's the season. I don't have answers to your questions, but hopefully, someone who has the knowledge will come forward. <br><br>Jack
Old 10-17-2002, 07:27 AM

Anti-freeze? or Diesel fuel?? ???
Old 10-17-2002, 08:15 AM

Ok, the line from the injector pump has the diesel fuel, and goes to the isolator. The line from the isolator to the gauge has the antifreeze. I did double check the isolator last night and the piston is ok, looks like the LP is on it's way out. Will begin my warranty saga in an hour when the stealers open for business.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:26 AM

Well, really good news so far. I called the closest dealer and they said yup, it's covered under the Cummins warranty and bring it in and we'll replace it. So, I have an appointment at 7:30 tomorrow morning. When it's all said and done, I'll post the results.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:35 AM

All done, in and out in an hour and a half. Before the new LP, my gauge was showing 6psi at the injector pump inlet. They tested it and got 10 at the filter test port. Mine now shows 13 at the injector inlet at idle, 10 at 65 mph, and 10 WOT. I'm assuming I could add two if the source was the prefilter test port. No problem getting it done under the Cummins warranty. ;D ;D