HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Horn blasting, interior lights won't shut off...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This morning was the first time the temperature dipped below 20 degreesF. I went to start the truck (2006, Quad Cab, Automatic) and the horn blasted for about 40 seconds and then stopped. A straight blast, not the "on-off" sound it makes if a door is ajar and you put it into reverse.

Once the horn stopped I drove off, but the "door ajar" indicator and the "cargo Bed" light and dash indicator is on.

When I shut the truck down, the headlights on / keys left in the ignition buzzer stays on. No matter what I do with the headlight switch or ignition switch.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably wont help but try disconnecting the batteries for a few minuts. It fixed a problem I was having (guess it reset a computer or something. Like I said, probably wont help but worth a try until somebody in the know chimes in.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 PM

I have had this same problem happen to me twice. I was out of town and no dealer nearby. I didn't have the Smarty at the time to read codes either and I can't get them off the odometer.

To get things back to normal unhook the negative cables for about five minutes and reconnect.

The second time this happened to me I started the truck and put it in gear and the horn shut off. Then I unhooked the cables and back to normal.

I really would love to know whats wrong. I haven't had it happen for a while though. Happened over summer time. Sorry I can't be more help. Once it happens again Im going to hook up the Smarty and see if there are any codes.

Good luck.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It now seems like it is a sequence issue..............

If I get into the truck, turn the ignition to the first click, buckle the seat belt, then turn the ignition to the second click and wait for the glow plug light to go out and then turn the key to start..........I don't have an issue.

If I do it any other sequence, the horn goes off...............Huh?
Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 PM

The first time mine did it, I had just parked after driving four about four hours. We had pulled off in a parking area to eat some lunch and I shut it off and left the driver door open. It then suddenly just went off as I was getting back in the truck to go. Freaked me out at first.

The second time I had just got in and went to start it and it went off again. This was about a month later and I had been driving it for a few hours straight.

I agree it might be the order that I was doing things. Who knows.

Otherwise, I couldn't get it to do it once I got home. I wish I could now that I have a reader.

Hopefully someone else has had this problem.